“my second visit here”

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #91 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was my second visit in this hotel. Centre strip. Great for easy access to Venetion, which is next door, and Palazzo. Caesars palace and Mirage straight accross the Street. Comfortable room and quiet. The only thing I was disappointed in was, that the resort charge included internet access in your room. I have travelled from UK so did not take my lap top. and no wi fi access available on my smart phone in my room, or anywhere else. Need to get with it Harrahs, its not too much to ask for in todays world. With so many people with smartphones. Last time I stayed in Mandalay Bay, no problems. If any travellers want free wi fi, go accross to Caesars forum shops, to cafe in centre Ciao i think it is called, get a coffee and sit and use the free wi fi. Also venetiion in main hotel you can too. but not in St Marco square.
MUST SEE, if you like elvis, is FAT Elvis, he is exceptionally good. he plays 2 to 6 pm, mon tues and thurs I thik. Followed by the Karoke, until 6, also very good, I did not want to go my room. then the dualing pianos, also worth watching and joining in.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lesleyellen171
Write a ReviewReviews (19,400)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This place literally smells awful! Our room was gross. Sat on the bed and felt something in the sheets only to then discover someone else's lotion and dirty sheets. Shower wouldn't drain and the whole room was gross. But the worst thing is the odor in this whole place. Harrahs might be cheaper but you can find better with as good of a location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

April B, on behalf of Harrah's, we sincerely apologize for the manner in which you found your room prepared. This is totally unacceptable and we can assure you that these shortcomings have been reviewed with our Housekeeping Staff to reiterate our goal of guest satisfaction. The condition this room was prepared is embarrassing and short of our standards. We hope you will give us another try on a future visit.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

You know what you are getting for your money in Harrahs. Nothing fancy nothing extra special, just a good solid hotel.
Unfortunately this one is beginning to show its age, I think a refurb is on the cards, especially the beds, maybe a higher spec next time!
The mid price competition is catching up and maybe has overtaken in some cases.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Having read some reviews I wondered if I'd made a good choice. I had. All the staff I came in contact with were pleasant, friendly and helpful. I'd like to mention in particular the security officers when I enquired if there was a lost and found facility as I'd left my glasses in the casino the previous evening. Within minutes the glasses were delivered to me. Not only were these gentlemen efficient, but had a nice and courteous manner. The room was clean and comfortable as was the bathroom. Breakfast was at 'Starbucks' and I enjoyed the bacon and egg sandwiches.The I.d. check, as has been mentioned, is straightforward and designed to prevent fraudulent use. My only suggestion: wi-fi please!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mike8256
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I don't know how you can go wrong with staying here! This place by far is AWESOME! Staff were EXCELLENT and they were able to accomidate our special requests. The hubby arrived a week earlier.. but he had requested when grandma and grandpa arrive, that we were in adjoining rooms near the elevator-and they came thru. Awesome staff at the total rewards desk--I had my toddler in tow--but I never got around to picking up my total rewards card--instead of turning me away because I had my little one with me (oops-I had no idea that the little one couldnt even walk up to the desk with me)--she kindly explained to me that I couldn't bring my little one to the desk--BUT, she just asked for my ID and she kindly made my total rewards card and gave me a coupon book (I'm pretty sure most places would've just told me to go elsewhere because I had my little one). The room was a bit outdated but, it served its purpose--clean, beds were comfy.. only issue I had would be having to pay to use the fridge?-we had a cheap styro foam cooler so. we didnt end up needing the fridge--but.. normally, most places has a little fridge--included in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Keauliilani K
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We booked a 4 night stay in Harrah's through Hotels.com and paid online prior to travelling (about £136). Upon arrival we were informed there was an extra 18 dollars per night 'Resort Fee' which we definitely didn't expect.
Our booking also included 'Continental Breakfast'.Now as far as Harrah's is concerned a Continental breakfast means: 'Spend up to 9 dollars' in the hotel 'Starbucks' which involves a lengthy wait in a queue and then an ID check akin to airport Border Control!!
I'm guessing that many people who book with breakfast included will be a bit disappointed to say the least.
That said,the hotel is well located on the strip and generally pretty clean,albeit a bit dated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank alderton5
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just got back from a 6 day Las Vegas vacation. Did I mention I'm already to go back! Stayed at Harrah's this trip with no regrets. Arrived on a Wednesday and checked in early no problem. Rooms were clean, quiet and easily accessible from the lobby and casino. Staff was friendly and room service was prompt. Buffet was very good and reasonably priced for the location. Sports book is nice as well. used the Monorail system several times to get to the other end of the strip (MGM Grand) took about 5 minutes to get there! The stations are right there at the hotel about a 2 to 5 min walk from the casino. The crowd at Harrah's seemed a little bit older which was fine by me. Anyway, that about wraps it up for this trip. if your looking for a nice place to stay on your upcoming trip then Harrah's will do just fine.

Have a blast and don't forget to use your rewards card!

Room Tip: Stayed in the carnival towers very quiet and clean.