“you won't be disappointed...”
Review of Harrah's Las Vegas

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #92 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Harrah's Las Vegas is fun. I wish they would upgrade the casino floor by switching out more of their ancient slot machines for more newer ones, but overall the place is a blast! The oyster bar is excellent. Also, Harrah's is centrally located on the strip which (if you choose) makes it easy to walk to other places without any problem. Get one of their "rewards cards" and soon you can earn a "comp" stay... WE LOVE HARRAH's and you will too!

1  Thank mj14evans
Write a ReviewReviews (19,344)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've been going to Las Vegas for conventions for 30 years, and for most of that time I never considered staying at Harrah's, because I'd always heard it was a dump. And maybe it was; I don't know.

A couple of years ago, the room rate was too low to resist. I've now stayed there 3 times in the last couple of years. The rooms are not "hip," but they are spacious and clean, and the furnishings are of good quality and in good condition.

If you're attending a convention at the Sands Expo, the location is excellent. Venetian, Palazzo and TI are a bit more convenient, but much more expensive. The weekday room rates at Harrah's are fantastic; I just paid $47/night before taxes.

Harrah's has a Starbucks on-site and it's about a 5 minute walk to the Venetian.

When I go to a convention, I hate to spend money on a hotel that I spend absolutely no waking time in. But I want to stay somewhere decent. Harrah's fits the bill perfectly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Travel4FunAndBiz
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had a wonderful time at Harrah's!! They are so friendly, the place is wonderfully clean, and I felt very safe! Good places to eat with reasonable prices and winning slots! I definitely will return soon.I have already convinced friends to return with me.I am very pleased with Charles Carolla who helped with all my accommodations! These reps make it so easy to come to Las Vegas!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pschwenker
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked our room 5 months ago. We got to Harrah's-they had NO res for us.They even tried to call (international) and a recording said no phone svc. They eventually took care of it but we were very upset.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our flight was delayed three hours, so we arrived at Harrah's at about 1:30. I was kind of upset that there was a very long line to register. Talking to other people in line, it turned out that almost all of us were on the same airline. The delay was not Harrah's fault. Our room reservation was for a standard size room. The room assigned to us was a very large suite. It was very large and extremely well decorated. The room exceptionally nice and there was no noise. The upgraded room was a great a great way to start vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

There are a few things that came up in other reviews that were not important to us, so I am not including them in my rating. We didn't use the pool, but it did look a little small and not very fancy. Also, people have complained about the wifi, which we didn't need since I had a smartphone (I did try to connect, unsuccessfully, so I can see why that would be a problem).

But there were many, many pluses to our stay, which is why I give it 5 stars. Check-in was very fast, efficient, and courteous. Our room was lovely, very updated, spotless, and comfortable.

I forgot to ask for non-feather pillows when we checked in. I called housekeeping, and while I was on hold for a few minutes, when I talked to someone, the pillows were deliver to our room in 5 minutes! Excellent service.

We were on the 14th floor of the Carnaval tower and it was so quiet! Never heard anyone coming or going in the halls, and were were there on a Friday and Saturday night.

Parking was convenient and free. The buffet was great for breakfast, although the second time we went the server was horrible. But happily, with a buffet, that isn't a dealbreaker. Food and selection were excellent and more than made up for it.

One good addition would be a business center accessible to guests all the time.

Location in the middle of the Strip is ideal. We would definitely stay at Harrah's again.

1  Thank JSPMadison
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I booked our trip through Expedia with an exceptionally good rate on the flight from NC and the room. I asked for an upgrade upon arrival and was given a mini-suite with a mini-fridge and a coffeepot for an extra $10 a day. The room overlooked the parking garage but we werent there for the view! The room was exceptionally clean, easy to get to off the elevator, and housekeeping was happy to accommodate my requests for extra coffee and extra towels. I won almost $500 on my first pull in 25 cent slots!! I would definitely recommend staying at Harrahs. We were able to catch the Deuce outside and travel anywhere.

Room Tip: We were in C2226 and it was quiet!