“Too Noisy”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Too Noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked Harrahs because it was central on the strip. When I got there they gave me a room on 10th floor of the Carnival Tower with a view of the multi story car park. The room seemed ok but the safe was broken. I called reception and they said i'd have to wait in the room for maintenance to fix it. I went to reception and they changed my room to 25th floor which had a view of treasure island and mirage. The rooms are big enough and clean enough but the have a door inside the can open into the next room. It can be locked from both rooms but the noise that comes through from the adjoining room was terrible. Internet access is included in resort fees of $20.16. I booked through Virgin hotels and was told all fees were included. Small print showed resort fees were to be added. Had I booked direct I would have had a cheaper rate

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mike M
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It was truly disheartening to hear of your dissatisfaction while you were our guest. Please accept our apology for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will work on ensuring all our guests have a memorable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Burbank, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stay at Harrah's in Vegas and various other Harrah's in other states. I highly recommend their refurbished rooms although, even when I have stayed at the other rooms, they are fine too. In the refurbished rooms, the beds are awesome. The bathroom was nice as well. What I like about Harrah's (and I have stayed at other places on the strip due to the company I work for has me stay at other places but, I always try to get them to put me up at Harrah's and when I am going for pleasure, I always choose Harrah's. They are unpretentious. Very friendly, great location. They have good specials at the spa as well but need to have a quiet room for relaxing and waiting for your technician. The spa could use some improvements as I love to lounge around and Zen out but, if you're there for the service and use of the Jacuzzi, it is a good quick getaway. Nice variety of restaurants. I feel comfortable there. The Diamond Lounge is great and comfortable. I play craps and their tables are reasonable. I can say I will be back....again.....and again....and again.

Room Tip: Ask for the refurbished room.
Green Features: oh yeah, they're environmentally-friendly too!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fonthill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

The check in was quick and freindly, which was a pleasant change from our last three visits. We stayed in the Carnival Tower and our room was clean and very quiet, our bed was very comfortable and the AC worked great. During our stay we ate at Tobey Keith's and the buffet all of the food was fresh and flavorful, as well as priced right. We gambled at the casino and won many $100 to $600 wins which added to our vacation. We noticed an attempt from the hotel staff to ensure we enjoyed ourselves, starting off by the quick check in that set the tone of our stay. Already planning our March trip to Harrah's!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed at the Carnavale Tower for 5 nights, the location was right in the center of the strip. Loved the buffet, the magic show and comedy show. Rewards card a great plus, got a free spin on the 1,000,000 dollar spin.

1 Thank Shivanie13
Trenton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at Harrah's for 4 nights . We stayed in the Carnavale Tower. The room was nice for the price . However on the 2nd night we woke up to a wet floor by the AC panel . So we were given another room on the 5th floor in the Mardi GrasTower , the room on sight inspection seemed fine, however after taking a shower we realize that there was pluming issues , the bathtub was clogged and the toilet did not flush. We also found out that the AC was not working , however when we went down to the front desk they were very helpful. When we return to our room after going out on the strip the problem was solved. Was extremely upset with them not honoring the comps from the Harrahs in Philadelphia..understanding that the gaming commission is different in every state..... but they could have given me something to compensate ..beside complimentary show tickets with a $12 min drink requirement per person and were the same tickets that I couldve gotten out of the Welcome to Las Vegas Book . The cafe (breakfast) and the buffet (dinner) food was not all that great and was not worth the price

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future.
Roanoke, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Comped for 5 nights in a petite suite. Have not seen much about these rooms and was not sure what to expect. Check in was a breeze. Room was on the 25th floor, looked out at the volcano at the Mirage. Very quite, little noise heard. Room is larger then standard rooms and has a couch, table, coffee table, desk, cupboard, and a TV that swivels and can be seen from the bed or the couch. Bathroom is large with COFFEE POT--YEAH! Room was cleaned each day in the morning which was greatly appreciated. Will continue to stay here.

1 Thank nurseteresa
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at Harrah's with my friend, sister and mother over a weekend in February when we went to Las Vegas for the P!nk concert. We booked two adjoining rooms. There was a long line to check in because it was a holiday weekend in the States, and Valentine's as well as the concert. Reception was friendly and fast once we got to the desk. We found our rooms at the end of a long hallway and a long walk for my 81 year old mother. We asked to move to two other adjoining rooms closer to the elevators and luckily the hotel was able to find us two other rooms though they were quite full and we moved the following morning with no problems, just exchanged keys at the concierge's desk. They even delivered a fridge to my mom's room when we couldn't open the minibar and she needed somewhere to keep her medications. We chose this hotel for its reasonable price and central location and good reviews about the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. We weren't disappointed with any of these. We were right across the street from Caesar's and the Mirage. To our right was Tickets Tonight and Denny's and a food court with Macdonald's for cheap meals. A couple of blocks away was the Fashion Show Mall, the Venetian and Wynn. A bonus was finding out there was a Monorail station in our hotel, so we took that from Harrah's to MGM Grand then made our way to Mandalay Bay for the concert on the free tram from Excalibur. We got tickets to a show at the Rio Hotel, then found out there was a free shuttle right from Harrah's to the Rio so that was another unexpected bonus. We had a late flight going home and the hotel stored our baggage all day at no charge. We were disappointed with the casino as there weren't a lot of penny slot machines to choose from but otherwise we had no complaints and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends