“OK Hotel...Could use some work”
Review of Harrah's Las Vegas

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #93 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 14, 2008

Harrah's is definately not a luxury hotel, but still could use some work. Our room was TINY, but described on website as the luxury upgrade????????? The bathroom only had one sink and on our 2nd night there the tub wouldn't drain. I will say the maintenance staff works fast, we left our room for less than two hours and the tub was fixed. Maid service was good. SLOTS WERE SUPER TIGHT.

We had a very bad experience with a room service clerk, she was extremely rude. We ordered an item from the menu one night with no problem...next day tried to order it again and was told by "RUDE CLERK??" we haven't had that on the menu for over two years as if we were lying!!! So your in-room menus havent been updated in 2 years??? My husband called back and he asked for the manager. She was not in but called us promptly the following day, she comped us a free dinner and sent a very nice card apologizing for the poor service we received.

All in all its a nice place but could use some renovating, some areas look like they haven't been touched in years. Our room was in the Mardi Gras tower overlooking the pool, I have been told this is the newer/renovated tower...but be warned the music from the Carnival Court is loud and goes until 4am. Light sleepers stay away. I don't think I would stay here again, but would not tell others not to.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bmoregambler

Reviewed June 14, 2008

I just stayed at Harrahs for 5 nights in June. It was my second time staying there ( the first being over 10 years ago) and I was very happy with my choice. I booked online using my total rewards comp card and got the casino rate at $40 a night. I checked in at 7pm on a Sunday night and asked if they had any of the renovated rooms. The very polite lady at the desk said it would be another $20 a night which I declined. I was put in the Mardi Gras tower on the 12th floor. The room itself was smaller in size but very clean. The mattress was exceptional, in fact I thought it was better than the one I have at home. Even though I wasn't given a renovated room, I found this one to be great. Also, I was given a room with a strip view facing Mirage and Caesars Palace. There was only one thing I didn't like which was the air conditioner in the room. The air is on sensor and shuts off when your not there. When you open the room door it goes on and cools off the room in 10-20 minutes. You can set the thermostat to your desired room temp but it only goes as low as 65 which if you like the room like an ice box then you wont be happy. At night when your sleeping the air system somehow knows your in the room and keeps it nice and cool. The casino itself is older but that doesn't really matter because you have all the other top casinos so close. If your looking for a casino/hotel with all the chandeliers and high end stuff then this isn't for you but if your budget minded and need a nice clean room then Harrahs is your place.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank emdpetey
Reviewed June 10, 2008

I have been to Vegas numerous other times, but this was my first time staying at Harrah's. I was not disappointed. The man at the check-in desk was very friendly and helpful, and when I requested 2 rooms that were connecting on a non-smoking floor, he granted my request AND our room was ready when we arrived at 9:30am! Being able to go into the room so early allowed us to just drop our luggage off and start our vacation! After all, who goes to Vegas to sit in the room? The rooms have very basic decoration, but are very clean. The beds and the pillows were outstanding, and I wished I could take the whole bed home with me! It was honestly the most comfortable hotel bed I've had in a while. One down side is there was no coffee pot in the room, although just a short trip down the elevator and there's a Starbucks right there. I'd much rather have Starbucks than hotel room coffee anyway. Overall, it was a very comfortable hotel right smack in the middle of the strip, and I'm sure I'll be staying there again. If you get any kind of reasonable price for this hotel, it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank CubsGirl81
Reviewed June 1, 2008

We stayed at Harrahs for 5 nights. The check in lady was so friendly and checked us in at 2.45pm even thought check in didn't start until 4pm. Our room wasn't ready as it was so early, but we dropped our bags off and went for something to eat. When the room was ready we headed to the 29th floor of the Carnaval Tower and were not disappointed. The room was large and clean and faced right onto the strip with an uninterrupted view of Caesar's Palace and the Mirage. We could only faintly hear the band below so we had no trouble sleeping.

We had a problem with the sink in the bathroom, the plug wouldn't lift up so we were left with a sinkful of dirty water, this was fixed but the sink still drained quite slowly.

Flavours buffet for breakfast was incredible, there was ice cream, doughnuts, yogurt, fruits, mexican food, pizza, eggs, bacon etc, etc more than you could ever want and it tasted great.

On our last night we ordered room service which was speedy and delicious, and great to eat at the table in the window with such a great view of Vegas.

Overall, we loved Harrah's and would definately recomend it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lorelie21
Reviewed May 31, 2008

Room was fairly nice for the price. Upon checking out a $5.00 charge for "Room Service" was on the bill. Since we asked security to come up on check-in day (the same day as the charge) we assumed this was the problem and complained. Not so. Customer service informed me it was a charge for a Toby Keith water bottle which we neither drank nor took. Either the maids are stealing in this hotel or their billing department is behind (prior guest charge?) Either way I am fighting them over this. Tip: Request all crap you have no intention of using and that they could charge you for be removed from the room on check-in. Maybe if we make this extremely inconvenient, they will be more careful who they charge for what;.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sheema
Reviewed May 31, 2008

Six of us traveling together got comp rooms at Harrah's Las Vegas - two others had to pay full price.

Upon checking in my husband requested poolside....I immediately told him that was a mistake because I have learned from others that those rooms can be very noisy. We took the room and since it was 3:30 in the morning when we went to bed the noise did not bother us. The next evening my husband said it wa so noise he could not sleep. So, we requested a change - they accommodated us and the room was nice and clean, but is was obvious that the first room was the updated/renovated room with two widescreen tv sets (one in the bathroom!). So - all I am saying is do not get a room poolside because there is a lounge right outside the pool that goes on all night with very loud music until four in the morning. This was our fault not Harrah's.

The pool is very small and not a lot of space. But we were comparing this to Paris where we had stayed so many times before. Comparing apples to oranges.

All in all the rooms were clean and had very nice bedding. The bathroom was very spacious. If all you want is a nice clean room to sleep for very little money than Harrah's is the place. If you are looking for upscale including the clientele than go to Paris.

The casino itself is very small and very outdated.....and the machines did not pay at all.....not for any of us.

The buffet was good.......Ming's was just okay. Don't miss the Range Steak House - it is excellent!

To be continued.......

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
6  Thank GiaGiaMarge
Reviewed May 30, 2008

I would give Harrah's a big okay. After reading reviews on this site I wasn't sure what to expect. We stayed in the Mardi Gras tower and our room was better than I had anticipated. While I wouldn't say it was sparkling, it was fine. I liked that this is a smaller hotel/casino, but since it is older they do not have a good ventilation system and the casino/lobby areas are very smokey. It is close to everything and in a great location and I loved that they had 2 Starbuck's in the hotel. Our biggest problem was the check-in/check-out process. They required a $100 deposit at check in off of our credit card and then even after that we still had a heck of a time to be able to rent in room movies. Overall, I would say not bad, especially if you are budget conscious, but if you are looking for something great for a splurge weekend, this is not your place.

• Stayed: May 2008