WINNER WONDERLAND

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #92 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Avoca Beach, Australia
“Great location reasonable rooms....service abysmal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We arrived to stand in line to check in after an 18 hour flight for 1.5 hours!!!!!! Sounds unbelievable but this is very common at this hotel. Front desk service is the worst ive ever come across in the world. Staff all give you different answers and are completely incompetent. On arrival rooms were not available despite us pre booking and pre paying on line. We were upgraded to a 2 bed suite as a result which was reaaly nice and comfortable. ..almost worth the 1.5 hour check in process. The location is fabulous and is really the best part of staying here. The pool is small but ok however you have to PAY for many of the pool chairs with limited chairs for free.....how absurd especially as this hotel charges a $19 resort fee every day on top of your room rate which we did not have to pay as we booked and paid before they started this practice....this place is NOT a resort. I thought this was really poor form.....also no free wifi although macas is next door and it has free wifi 24/7

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Raich-11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,493)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I want to start off by saying that Vegas is so awesome that my bad experiences may have been diminished slightly by the excitement of being there. My experience at Harrah's Las Vegas was themed Extreme Customer Service. Every member of the staff displayed either amazing customer service acumen, or a complete lack of understanding of the concept.

It started with check in. I had a late flight that was delayed quite a bit, so I arrived very late to see a moderate sized check in line. This was the slowest moving line ever. It seemed as though there was a problem with everyone's reservation. The manager and reservation attendant showed no concern for customers, and actually acted in a manner that would imply that the customers were all at fault. I waited in line for an hour before they opened the preferred lined to total rewards customers. The attendant there was great! She was very patient and accommodating (the opposite of the other attendant and the manager). Some people waited in the other line for over 2 hours.

The maintenance staff and casino attendants were all great. My advice is to be courteous and tip, you will be sure to get lots of drinks.

I had mixed experiences at the restaurants that fit my stays theme. I was either treated like a king or like dirt.

One more story. I was given coupons for the Mac King show (which was really good). When I went to buy the tickets they tried to upsell me. It was 5 dollars more for VIP seating. The girl just said it includes a buffet and better seating. Like a normal human being, I believed that this meant that 1.) there would be a buffet in the event and 2.) the seats would be good. The people who didn't get VIP had better seats than us and there was no buffet. They meant the buffet downstairs after the show. I know this sounds petty, but I was hungry. I would have selected the other show time had I known. Also, they failed to mention that the buffet wasn't free with VIP. It was half off. All in all, I had a great stay. I loved the room, pool, and casino.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank derrickmlove
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband & I celebrated our 30th anniversary on June 4th 2013 in Vegas & we stayed in Harrah's Hotel. From the moment we arrived we were treated as VIP til the moment we departed.
All staff were Awesome. We stayed in a beautiful room on the 20th Floor with a great view. All the staff in the Hotel were GREAT, Customer service Great, Buffet was Great, Casino area nice & Clean, Beverage service Great, What Else I can say except "EVERYTHING WAS GREAT". We loved it & YES WE WILL certainly be back.

Room Tip: We recommend the higher floor with the less noise & beautiful view
2 Thank Philomina P
Cincinnati Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We decided to take a long weekend to Las Vegas from Cincinnati the first week of June 2013. The resort was packed for the weekend and with the long lines for check in it only took about 20 minutes. We have stayed at Harrah's a few times and decided to write a review this time. We stayed in a basic room with a view of the pool which was very clean and the King Size bed was comfortable with nice linens. The room attendants did a nice job each day. Harrahs is that old time Vegas property with a great location in the middle of the strip. We like how we can walk to wherever we want to go for shows and for dinner. The Range Steakhouse must have closed so we made dinner reservations at Ruth's Chris steakhouse and had a wonderful dinner overlooking the strip. What was new this time around was the construction project outside the doors of Harrahs where the square is. The bar and the nightlife with the bands was still nice but all of the little shopping Kisosk outside the doors were gone. It was remodled in a good way with easy access to The New Quad Casino which is only a short walk through the square. We did walk back and forth a few times from Harrah's to The Quad because they were so close together and we emjoyed both Casinos.
We had brunch at Flavors buffete and enjoyed the service from the wait staff in the casino as well as the Restaurants at Harrah's. We have stayed at several of the larger Resorts in Las Vegas over the years but always enjoy ourselves when we make it back to Harrahs.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. We have stayed in different ones over the years considering our budget at t...
Green Features: Same as all of Harrah's resorts. You get plenty of towells so it's easy to skip a day of adding new ones.
2 Thank BearcatJC
Culver City, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel could use some updating. The rates were very low so we thought we would give it a try. Harrah's has always had a good rep. I think they may want to put some $ into remodeling as
the overall place is starting to show its age. The staff was friendly and the service was Ok. Probably wont stay here until they do some upgrading.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike B
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Booked 3 nights on the advise of a friend. After reading all the reviews I began to have serious doubts and even considered trying to change my reservation but decided to just give it a try.

I don't know if it's just the roll of the dice, but we were very pleasantly surprised and satisfied. Check in was fast and efficient. We arrived about 11 PM, not much of a line and the clerk was friendly. I booked directly through Harrah's so there was no surprise about the 18 dollar a night resort fee. It was clearly stated on my reservation. It's my understanding that all the hotels on the strip have resort fees so what are you going to do...? I can understand why so many people are upset that there's no wi fi. Personally I didn't care. Wasn't traveling with my lap top and can still manage to function in a world without internet access for a few days. For a small fee I used the internet in the lobby to print my boarding passes with no problem and the Macdonalds just out the door has wi fi if you must.

We stayed in room 2346, Carnival Court. We didn't upgrade. Just the basic 2 Queens. Paid about 90 dollars a night total, including all taxes and resort fees. Not bad. Don't expect the Bellagio for that price. But the room was clean. Didn't smell like smoke. Sheets crisp and fresh. Beds cozy. Light in the bathroom just fine. Toilet flushed, tub drained, shower had hot water though not the greatest water pressure. Lots of big, fresh towels, but be sure to bring your own toiletries. Blower dryer present and working. Flat screen tv with all the channels you need (not there to watch tv anyway). Cool wall safe. Mini bar was empty. You had to call to have it filled but we weren't interested. Ice maker on floor working. View out the window of rooftops, but no biggie. We kept the curtains closed anyway. Too hot to open them during the day and too bright at night. The floor was quiet.

Yes, you could occasionally hear someone's toilet flush or door close. And the carpeting in the hallway was bubbled a little in places as some have said. But are you really that picky! For the price this was a great room! Don't expect luxury. You're not paying luxury prices.

Just to address the AC that gets so many complaints... I was really worried about this because I like a nice cool hotel room, especially when it's 108 outside! Again, maybe it's just a roll of the dice, but ours worked just fine. It defaults to a certain temp so it's not cold when you come in from being out all day, but it wasn't hot or uncomfortable either and cooled down very quickly. It stayed nice and cool all night. I'm not sure how the motion sensor works but we didn't have to get up and open and close the door or wave our arms in the air like some reviewers have said. Slept very comfortably.

A big bonus is the location. Harrah's in in the center of it all with a bus stop directly in front and a monorail station directly in the back. Easy walking to the Mirage volcano, the TI Sirens, Venetian canals, Tx4tonight, fast food and a Denny's if you just want to eat cheap.

Maybe it's because we were not there on a weekend but the smoke in the hotel wasn't a problem. I am a smoker but was traveling with my daughter, an adamant non-smoker. She wasn't bothered by the smoke so it must not have been that bad. May get a lot worse on a Friday or Saturday night though. For those that are bothered by cigarette smoke rest assured that smoking isn't allowed in the shows, restaurants or malls so most places are smoke free. Every hotel we walked through had some serious air freshener pumping in. But if you really can't stand smoke then maybe the casinos aren't the place for you.

Self check out, took all of 30 seconds. Shuttles waiting right outside to take you straight to the airport, 7 dollars per person.

My only complaint is the Fresh Buffet. Disgusting. Don't bother. Otherwise great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank beachdrawn
Thornton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

When your booking for Las Vegas, treat yourself, hotels are dirt cheap on the strip if you book well in advance, this was our first visit and we let the travel agent book it!! Big mistake!!
The place is OK if all too want to do is gamble all day, but apart from that its really tired, all round, and the breakfast deal we had was a $9 voucher to spend at "Starbucks" I mean, breakfast at Starbucks, I don't think so!!!
The room was comfy enough, with everything you'll need, but the pool area was poor, choca-block, half the time with nowhere near enough sunbeds to go round!! and half of them had RESERVED tickets on them!!! What's that all about!!
No, if your going to Vegas treat yourself to something a bit special, and don't waste all your money on them slots!!!