“Loved it!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed June 1, 2008

We stayed at Harrahs for 5 nights. The check in lady was so friendly and checked us in at 2.45pm even thought check in didn't start until 4pm. Our room wasn't ready as it was so early, but we dropped our bags off and went for something to eat. When the room was ready we headed to the 29th floor of the Carnaval Tower and were not disappointed. The room was large and clean and faced right onto the strip with an uninterrupted view of Caesar's Palace and the Mirage. We could only faintly hear the band below so we had no trouble sleeping.

We had a problem with the sink in the bathroom, the plug wouldn't lift up so we were left with a sinkful of dirty water, this was fixed but the sink still drained quite slowly.

Flavours buffet for breakfast was incredible, there was ice cream, doughnuts, yogurt, fruits, mexican food, pizza, eggs, bacon etc, etc more than you could ever want and it tasted great.

On our last night we ordered room service which was speedy and delicious, and great to eat at the table in the window with such a great view of Vegas.

Overall, we loved Harrah's and would definately recomend it.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — nothing!
5 Thank lorelie21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,697)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
So California
Reviewed May 31, 2008

Room was fairly nice for the price. Upon checking out a $5.00 charge for "Room Service" was on the bill. Since we asked security to come up on check-in day (the same day as the charge) we assumed this was the problem and complained. Not so. Customer service informed me it was a charge for a Toby Keith water bottle which we neither drank nor took. Either the maids are stealing in this hotel or their billing department is behind (prior guest charge?) Either way I am fighting them over this. Tip: Request all crap you have no intention of using and that they could charge you for be removed from the room on check-in. Maybe if we make this extremely inconvenient, they will be more careful who they charge for what;.

• Liked — Decent room given the price
  • Disliked — Fraudulent room service billing
3 Thank sheema

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Astoria, New York
Reviewed May 31, 2008

Six of us traveling together got comp rooms at Harrah's Las Vegas - two others had to pay full price.

Upon checking in my husband requested poolside....I immediately told him that was a mistake because I have learned from others that those rooms can be very noisy. We took the room and since it was 3:30 in the morning when we went to bed the noise did not bother us. The next evening my husband said it wa so noise he could not sleep. So, we requested a change - they accommodated us and the room was nice and clean, but is was obvious that the first room was the updated/renovated room with two widescreen tv sets (one in the bathroom!). So - all I am saying is do not get a room poolside because there is a lounge right outside the pool that goes on all night with very loud music until four in the morning. This was our fault not Harrah's.

The pool is very small and not a lot of space. But we were comparing this to Paris where we had stayed so many times before. Comparing apples to oranges.

All in all the rooms were clean and had very nice bedding. The bathroom was very spacious. If all you want is a nice clean room to sleep for very little money than Harrah's is the place. If you are looking for upscale including the clientele than go to Paris.

The casino itself is very small and very outdated.....and the machines did not pay at all.....not for any of us.

The buffet was good.......Ming's was just okay. Don't miss the Range Steak House - it is excellent!

To be continued.......

• Liked — the room was nice
  • Disliked — casino
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
6 Thank GiaGiaMarge
Tumwater, WA
Reviewed May 30, 2008

I would give Harrah's a big okay. After reading reviews on this site I wasn't sure what to expect. We stayed in the Mardi Gras tower and our room was better than I had anticipated. While I wouldn't say it was sparkling, it was fine. I liked that this is a smaller hotel/casino, but since it is older they do not have a good ventilation system and the casino/lobby areas are very smokey. It is close to everything and in a great location and I loved that they had 2 Starbuck's in the hotel. Our biggest problem was the check-in/check-out process. They required a $100 deposit at check in off of our credit card and then even after that we still had a heck of a time to be able to rent in room movies. Overall, I would say not bad, especially if you are budget conscious, but if you are looking for something great for a splurge weekend, this is not your place.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Smokey
  • Stayed May 2008
5 Thank ashenrider
carrot79
Reviewed May 23, 2008

Excellent place to stay at when in Vegas. Located in the heart of the city alongside all other major hotels, it offers shopping, restaurants and casinos only a short walk away. Or if you want, you can take the free shuttle service to other hotels and casinos further away.

Staff was accomodating and nice, and the hotelroom was incredibly quiet and peaceful even though it was only on the 5th floor. The hotel was being kept clean all the time by the cleaning staff.

The cafe served breakfast late, but somehow that visit left something to be desired. The buffet, on the other hand, was overwhelming with all its courses, so a little self-restraint is not a bad thing when eating there. The buffet's breakfast was also great.

2 Thank carrot79
Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 22, 2008

We went to Vegas for my daughter's college graduation. We booked her at the Flamingo and ourselves at Harrah's. First impression of the hotel is when you catch the elevator to your room in the Mardi Gras Tower. It was -yucky dirty and dark as though you ducked into a subway entrance. The button for the elevator has a halo of dirty paint around it-when you go into the elevator-it was not vacuumed-. (corners never )-and it was not dusted-so that the wood panelling in the elevator had dust all over it-. Hmm...I started to wonder...if they don't care enough to paint vacuum and dust what is the room like? The bathroom toilet was dirty-your imagination. Right then and there I wanted to call the lobby-but my husband didn't want to make a fuss and went in and cleaned it. The next day I went to the front desk and told them it was dirty and yucky and questioned if the $50 upgrade they had tried to get me to buy at check-in-was newer and cleaner-because I was so creeped out I was willing to pay more to feel better. She said to me that where I currently was staying was -"actually just renovated". She left it at that-no upgrade which I wasn't wrangling for-no option to buy into anything better. ...it was just bad housekeeping and nobody that managed the casino apparently cared or bothered to walk around and check our their hotel. The Flamingo where my daughter stayed-was great. I know both properties are owned by the same people-which is why I really can't understand why the quality and housekeeping can be so lax in one of their proporties and not the other.

• Disliked — Not clean
4 Thank Scoutmm
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed May 21, 2008

My husband, son and daughter visited Las Vegas for my daughter's 21st birthday. I must admit we chose Harrahs because we had comped rooms and each time we visit Vegas we stay at the property. I must say, we were disappointed in everything from the housekeeping (did not sweep the floors the entire time we were there) to the casino. I have always liked the Harrah's properties but I do believe this one has slid down hill a bit. Each time I have visited the Las Vegas location, we have been given an upgraded room. Not this time. We had two standard rooms. The rooms were not clean and we had to asked the maid to sweep the floors. The sinks did not drain in either bathroom and the shower, even though the curtain was inside the tub, leaked all over the floor. I usually can win at least a little money while I'm there but not this time. The slots were really tight. In fact, I didn't see anyone win the entire time we were there and we played mostly at Harrahs. The pool was just OK (make sure you don't move the lounge chairs). The food was just OK. Best feature about the whole trip was Toby Keiths Bar and Grill. They have a great house band on the weekends.
Whenever I go back to Vegas, I will choose a different hotel. The way we gamble, I'm sure we can get a room comped anywhere,

• Liked — Toby Keith's Bar and Grill
  • Disliked — The room/non-winning casino
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family