“Harrah's” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Culver City, California
“Harrah's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel could use some updating. The rates were very low so we thought we would give it a try. Harrah's has always had a good rep. I think they may want to put some $ into remodeling as
the overall place is starting to show its age. The staff was friendly and the service was Ok. Probably wont stay here until they do some upgrading.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mike B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Booked 3 nights on the advise of a friend. After reading all the reviews I began to have serious doubts and even considered trying to change my reservation but decided to just give it a try.

I don't know if it's just the roll of the dice, but we were very pleasantly surprised and satisfied. Check in was fast and efficient. We arrived about 11 PM, not much of a line and the clerk was friendly. I booked directly through Harrah's so there was no surprise about the 18 dollar a night resort fee. It was clearly stated on my reservation. It's my understanding that all the hotels on the strip have resort fees so what are you going to do...? I can understand why so many people are upset that there's no wi fi. Personally I didn't care. Wasn't traveling with my lap top and can still manage to function in a world without internet access for a few days. For a small fee I used the internet in the lobby to print my boarding passes with no problem and the Macdonalds just out the door has wi fi if you must.

We stayed in room 2346, Carnival Court. We didn't upgrade. Just the basic 2 Queens. Paid about 90 dollars a night total, including all taxes and resort fees. Not bad. Don't expect the Bellagio for that price. But the room was clean. Didn't smell like smoke. Sheets crisp and fresh. Beds cozy. Light in the bathroom just fine. Toilet flushed, tub drained, shower had hot water though not the greatest water pressure. Lots of big, fresh towels, but be sure to bring your own toiletries. Blower dryer present and working. Flat screen tv with all the channels you need (not there to watch tv anyway). Cool wall safe. Mini bar was empty. You had to call to have it filled but we weren't interested. Ice maker on floor working. View out the window of rooftops, but no biggie. We kept the curtains closed anyway. Too hot to open them during the day and too bright at night. The floor was quiet.

Yes, you could occasionally hear someone's toilet flush or door close. And the carpeting in the hallway was bubbled a little in places as some have said. But are you really that picky! For the price this was a great room! Don't expect luxury. You're not paying luxury prices.

Just to address the AC that gets so many complaints... I was really worried about this because I like a nice cool hotel room, especially when it's 108 outside! Again, maybe it's just a roll of the dice, but ours worked just fine. It defaults to a certain temp so it's not cold when you come in from being out all day, but it wasn't hot or uncomfortable either and cooled down very quickly. It stayed nice and cool all night. I'm not sure how the motion sensor works but we didn't have to get up and open and close the door or wave our arms in the air like some reviewers have said. Slept very comfortably.

A big bonus is the location. Harrah's in in the center of it all with a bus stop directly in front and a monorail station directly in the back. Easy walking to the Mirage volcano, the TI Sirens, Venetian canals, Tx4tonight, fast food and a Denny's if you just want to eat cheap.

Maybe it's because we were not there on a weekend but the smoke in the hotel wasn't a problem. I am a smoker but was traveling with my daughter, an adamant non-smoker. She wasn't bothered by the smoke so it must not have been that bad. May get a lot worse on a Friday or Saturday night though. For those that are bothered by cigarette smoke rest assured that smoking isn't allowed in the shows, restaurants or malls so most places are smoke free. Every hotel we walked through had some serious air freshener pumping in. But if you really can't stand smoke then maybe the casinos aren't the place for you.

Self check out, took all of 30 seconds. Shuttles waiting right outside to take you straight to the airport, 7 dollars per person.

My only complaint is the Fresh Buffet. Disgusting. Don't bother. Otherwise great stay!

5 Thank beachdrawn
Thornton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

When your booking for Las Vegas, treat yourself, hotels are dirt cheap on the strip if you book well in advance, this was our first visit and we let the travel agent book it!! Big mistake!!
The place is OK if all too want to do is gamble all day, but apart from that its really tired, all round, and the breakfast deal we had was a $9 voucher to spend at "Starbucks" I mean, breakfast at Starbucks, I don't think so!!!
The room was comfy enough, with everything you'll need, but the pool area was poor, choca-block, half the time with nowhere near enough sunbeds to go round!! and half of them had RESERVED tickets on them!!! What's that all about!!
No, if your going to Vegas treat yourself to something a bit special, and don't waste all your money on them slots!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is located in a great place on the strip, you can walk anywhere in either direction to the other casino's. The rooms are just average however they were clean. My room faced the strip and was located on the top floor so I had a great view. The only problem was the Carnival Court was located right there in front of my room. The music went until 3-4 am on the weekends. During the week was not a problem as I did not get to my room until then and the music had ended. The dining choices in Harrah's are plentiful. The oyster bar, Tobey Keiths and the Cafe had good food at reasonable prices. My rooms were comped due to my play so I would stay here again if comped. All of the workers that I had contact with were all very nice.

2 Thank casinoman94
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had mixed feelings about this place after reading the reviews but I had already booked it and rates suddenly went up everywhere so this is where I stayed. It wasn't a fancy room, but it was big enough (two queen beds) and clean. Shower had plenty of pressure, even for the 17th floor, and I didn't hear any noise from the neighbors but I don't know how crowded the hotel was. Check-in was a breeze, I wasn't charged extra for an early check-in but it was only an hour early so maybe that's why. If you go to Las Vegas to stay in the room perhaps you might be happier at the Venetian, but it was a good place to hang my hat for four days and I had no complaints. It was centrally located as well, right in the middle of the strip, which was convenient as I was with my mom and she tires after a while.
I will add one thing though--I saw people order drinks in the casino (which are free) and they didn't tip; that's just not right so make sure you tip your waitress!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Canuckker
Bimini
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very noisy and busy, but has Toby Keith's on site which is one of the more reasonably priced dining options on the Strip. The staff were friendly and accommodating, the tour desk was very helpful, and the location was pretty good overall.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Astoria oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This is well located and is owned by the same owners of ballys Caesars flamingo Paris rio
This is definitely the low end property. Do not eat here. When questioned I was told it was well priced for what it was.
The Duelling pianos are fun.
The whole place reeks of ghetto

• Stayed August 2012