“Excellent location on Vegas strip!”
Review of Harrah's Las Vegas

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #85 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Athens, Texas
“Excellent location on Vegas strip!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This Harrah's property is in perfect location in the middle of the Las Vegas strip. I was disappointed that shuttle service to and from the airport was not available, but we paid for shuttle service at the airport. Bus service is also available right outside of the hotel and monorail service. Check in was easy and fast, the front desk clerk was nice. Our room was located in the Mardi Gras tower and had a view of the Venetian Hotel and the air conditioning system. This was OK because we were never in the room in the daytime. The room was comfortable and quiet. Our stay was complimentary, but they charge a fee for everything else such as kiosks for printing boarding passes and computer use. The buffet is just OK, but the burger place inside the hotel had fresh delicious burgers with the best coleslaw I've ever had!! There is also a McDonalds, Panda Express and pizza place right next door. Denny's is just a few steps away as well. Timeshare sellers offering free breakfast and shows were annoying so just say no if not interested.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wendy w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,354)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I met up with a bunch of friends in Vegas for a bachelor party and we all decided to stay at Harrah's due to the great price as well as it's location. The rooms were clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was very clean, toiletries were stocked everyday, and there was no issue with the water pressure. The entire staff from the front desk, to the bartenders and maids were all very polite and friendly.

I'd really like to extend an extra 'Thank You' to the security at this hotel. My friends and I drank entirely too much and got pretty carried away while we were in Vegas. The security here could have been rude and harrassing, but they were all very friendly and politely escorted us to our rooms. At the very beginning of our trip we all hit the bar, then somehow I lost my party and then after so much time went by, I went back up to the floor only to realize not only did I lose my friends, I didn't have my room key or cell phone and I didn't remember which room I was in. I spent a few hours roaming around into the wee morning hours until a security guard finally approached me and asked if he could help. After learning of my situation, he kindly located my room, took me back up to it and let me back into my room. Needless to say the service here was top notch from my experience.

Overall, I was very satisfied with our stay here. Definitely will do a return visit, just with about 90% less booze and mayhem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Erik S
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed June 11, 2013

First off let me say, I would stay here again if I were going to Las Vegas again. The location is perfect. Across from Caeser's Palace, The Mirage and Treasure Island. Next to The Venetian and has a Monorail stop in the back of the hotel. The room was good for us. We were in the room to sleep (when we could- we were out late/early most days), shower and maybe a nap. The cleaning people came everyday and made the bed, cleaned up bathroom and garbage and left towels. Easy breezy stuff. The room had a safe that worked properly- no issues with noise, toilet, bath or sink. Didn't use the minibar/fridge for anything. They had snacks and drinks in there but if you had them or stored anything they would charge you $25- we didn't see the use in that. The bed was comfortable and so were pillows, no sleeping issues for us! There was plenty of dresser drawers and closet space for our thing. We only stayed four nights so we didn't have a ton of clothes. We didn't have a good view but we weren't in the room enough to care. We had a heat advisory when there so really we kept the blinds shut. Also, the a/c worked perfectly, always cool. No issues. The check in was fast and the yound woman who checked us in was very nice. We arrived at about 7pm on a Thursday evening. Check out was also easy, I did it from the room TV. It listed the resort fee and the payment I made for it at check in. Nothing was on the bill that shouldn't have been so it was also easy breezy. They had the airport shuttle right in back of hotel too so getting to and from hotel/airport was good too. Casino was huge and nothing like the inside of Venetian or Caeser's or Belagio, but I didn't expect it to be. It's a normal casino atmostphere but wasn't seedy or dark or dirty. Normal stuff- and smoking so don't complain about that you should know what you are getting into. The location, the cleanliness, the affordability were the reasons I would stay here again. You get what you pay for so if you want to pay double and want marble everything then go ahead, but this is perfect for normal people on a budget but want to stay on strip close to all the action, bars, outdoor shows, transportation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank joriv1213
Copperas Cove, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place was not an over all bad experience. I prefer the Luxor which is where I booked this go around, but we decided to give it a shot due to location. The location is awesome, the casino and the outside is a bit shabby. There is a strong odor of smoke in the casino, so if you are a non smoker this may bother you. There was a starbucks right off the elevator, lifesaver for me! The rooms were o.k., nothing spectacular..

Room Tip: I would pay extra to upgrade.
Green Features: I think they were good, except for the towel reuse program. I do not want to reuse towels, ever.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel's location is excellent, the staff is friendly and rates are cheap! My husband and I stayed here for a week at the end of May.
Our room was modern and really clean. The pool was very basic when considering other Las Vegas resorts' pools and if your room is a pool view then you'll be listening to dance music until 3:00 am every night.
The only small problem that I encountered here was in requesting a late check out for my last night; it seemed like I was making a strange request to the staff. I usually request a late check out in Vegas and other hotels have a set fee for it and its never been a problem. The front desk person asked my husband to call down at 8:00 am the morning of. I called down the night before and the operator had to confirm with a manager about fees and availability. In the end I did get my late checkout and the fee was reasonable, it just felt like more hassle than it needed to be.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bluefield, Virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Checkin took about 2 hours of standing in the lobby with about 100 other people. Only 2 clerks out of a possible 12 or so check in stations were actually checking in guests. One young man took 45 minutes with a pretty girl and an elderly woman was taking 20-25 minutes with each guest. I complained after about 35 minutes and a manager said they did not know how many guests to expect. Really?!!! That was clearly a lie. Every time I went to the lobby over the next week the check in line was really long. Some people would be lying on the floor from exhaustion. Once we got in our average room it was OK. The tub water dripped constantly, but hey, it's not my water bill and it was not loud. We won't stay there again.

Green Features: Not- lights are blown out in the bathroom and the wattage is so low I could not put on makeup in the room. The bathtub fawcet dripped constantly.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed June 9, 2013

It's still a great place to rest your head. The rooms are okay, and are starting to get a little dated, but this year I didn't sleep much. The lines are long when you check in, but make sure you get your total rewards card before you check in, so you can go to the faster line, and that includes Gold. I did very well at the casino, so naturally I loved this place this trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo