“Fun”

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #93 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Our only complaint was that we prepaid for one night to get the special rate and when we checked in, the desk did not let us know that by using a different credit card than the one we booked the first night would shift the entire bill to the new card, including the charges we had already paid. When we tried to get clarification because the bill seemed too high, they were very dismissive and assured us they had credited our first card. That has yet to be verified. Other than that the room was nice and clean. We were in the Paradise Tower on the 18th floor with a King non smoking room. We ate at the culinary drop out and loved the pretzel fondue and the club sandwich. The bloody mary and room service cocktails were perfectly made. We also ate at the Lucky Diner and I would NOT recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank costaricachica4

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I went to harrahs after not being there for few yes boy has it changed. After spending a lot of money to stay there I learned guests cannot use the chairs around the pool without paying 25 dollars a chair. Disgusting. I ordered a drink at the pool it cost 17 bucks! The room was so dark and dingy and the safe was broken in the room. I wasnthere for five days gambled pretty heavily and never hit a slot over 100 bucks.....nobody hit jackpots. So disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank darleneP605
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is very convenient, being located in the middle of the Strip and on the monorail line. The new Quad hotel (former Imperial Palace) next door is very convenient, too. There are plenty of things to do. Room was good sized, but maintenance is an issue. I reported an electrical receptacle hanging from the wall on Monday evening; despite checking on it and reporting it twice more, the repairs were not done until late Wednesday. Another room in our party had a light bulb burned out in the entryway, at that also took two days and several reminders before it was fixed - a light bulb! For the price (hotels.com), it was fine, but there are maintenance issues throughout the hotel which need attention.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank William N
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed four nights, checking out on Easter Sunday. We picked Harrah's because it had the best rate. Location is great, right in the middle of the strip, in the middle of all the action. We stayed in the Carnaval Tower. Our room was fine - clean with plenty of room. If you want anything more, don't stay here. If you want a clean inexpensive room, stay here, but don't expect more. Our view was a construction site out back. I asked for a strip view when we checked in, but was told it was $15/night extra. No thanks. On Friday, after being out all day on a Grand Canyon tour, we came back to find our room had not been cleaned. I called Housekeeping. She didn't really seem to care, but did send someone to our room. She was there within 15 minutes. Toilets seem to be extra loud when flushed. There was a slight sewer smell coming from our sink when we first checked in, but it went away. All in all, it was fine. We would stay here again because you cannot beat the price or location. Oh, and no resort fee! It was me, my husband, and teenage daughter.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank CindyL82
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed in Harrah's whilst attending the Consumer Electronics Show in January. I was booked in to Harrah's, and as I have only ever stayed in the MGM in Vegas I thought it would be good to try somewhere else out.

The check-in process was lousy. Around 25 people were standing in line when we got there, and they only had 2 people on the front desk. They got another 2 or 3 folk on the desk whilst I was standing in line, but they didn't give the impression that they were in any way worried that people had been waiting for a long time.
That said - when I got to the front of the line the check-in process was smooth and efficient.

I stayed in one of the newer / larger rooms. New is a loose term - I believe they were built in the 90's.

The room was clean and comfortable, and the bathroom was good too.
There wasn't much "Vegas Wow Factor" in the rooms, but they did their job, and I slept well when I got to bed.

There's a couple of Starbuck's in the lobby area, so a light breakfast is pretty easy.
There's also a McDonald's a couple of minutes walk away, and whilst I wouldn't normally got to McD's for breakfast - the free WiFi was attractive, especially given the fact that the hotel charges for its WiFi and the Starbuck's in there don't have free WiFi either.

I ate in the Oyster Bar one night. It was really good.
We had a few drinks in Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill too. It's a good vibe in there, and the barman was pretty nifty with his drinks preparation skills...

Having stayed at the MGM before I would choose to go back there on a future visit, but if that wasn't possible and I was booked back in to Harrah's I wouldn't be upset.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in one of the newer / larger rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Travelling_Scot_10
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Harrah's is in the middle of The Strip and has a monorail station so getting around is easy. This older hotel has gotten some dings in reviews because it is an older hotel. However, it is kept up and has not gotten run down like its neighbor, The Quad formerly Imperial Palace. Our room was very clean and the housekeeping staff was top-rate. They provide room refrigerators for a price. However, when I mentioned that my wife's medication needed to be refrigerated, the front desk provided a free one for our stay. Check-in was quick and front desk clerk was awesome. The hotel cafe was good and they provide a discount if you have a Total Rewards card. A big plus was that they have a security guard at the elevators to make sure only guests go up to the rooms. This was not a problem and we appreciated the hotel's efforts to safeguard its guests. Casino drink waiters were friendlier than some of the bigger/more expensive hotel casinos. TIP: take the Executive shuttle outside the cabstand. It is only $7 a passenger and was a quick ride to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and room away from The Strip and whether they will give you a free upgrade if...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bushbulldog
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I love staying here because of Carnival Court. This outdoor bar has the best Live and DJ Music Entertainment. You don't have to go no where else. Rene and Steve the late night shift Bartenders are the best. Also table games at Harrahs are awesome and "The Oyster Bar" is the best for your Hangover! Rooms are clean and the Casino seems more humble than the other Big Casinos. I Love it Here, and I have stayed at ARIA, PALLAZO, ENCORE, WYNN etc... But I have more fun at HARRAH'S...

• Stayed: March 2013