“Worst stay Ive had in Vegas” 2 of 5 bubbles

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #88 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
oklahoma city, ok
“Worst stay Ive had in Vegas”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my 9th trip to Vegas, and 4th to my formerly favorite hotel there. I took my youngest son out to celebrate his 21st birthday. Upon arrival, as I normally do, I asked if any complimentary upgrades were available and was told no the hotel was full. It was a Friday night, so I figured, no harm in asking but they are full. Then the clerk says, he can upgrade me for $50 per night? What happened to no rooms were available? If he said, I have rooms available but to upgrade would be a fee, I could swallow that, but that's not what happened. Once we got to the room it overlooked the Parking lot and street between Harrah's and the adjacent parking lot to the north. We heard car horns and dumpsters being slammed down after being emptied all week. When I complained to the desk, they said, they could not move us. We were put on the 11th floor of the Carnaval Tower. I get it, you get what you pay for, but we were there from Fri-Tuesday, and not a single better room opened up? Harrah's used to be my favorite hotel on the strip, you can read my prior reviews to attest to this, however, after this stay, I doubt if I will stay there again. On a positive note however, my son was issued a players card by a pit boss in the early morning hours of his 21st birthday, however, received no instructions that he had to report to the total rewards desk to finish his registration. When he went several days later to replace the card, the lady initially told him he did not qualify for the free play etc, since it had been more than 24 hrs since he signed up. When he explained in detail to her what happened, she signed him up, gave him his voucher for free play and apologized. Kudos, hats off for going the extra mile, perhaps she should also work in customer relations!

5 Thank dave3232

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,967)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Winterset, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed at Harrah's March 2, 4 nights in a Total Rewards comped rooms. No charge other than the early check in fee. We arrived early around 10 am & was told we could check in for $25. If you have a rewards card you get that fee waived, but only after noon, so we took the early check in & received the room I had reserved, which was a Premium King, Non-Smoking room. We were on the 8th floor of the Mardi Gras tower, facing the Venetian side. Small view of TI & Venetian & the roof tops. View is not that big of a deal to us, because who spends all their time staring out the window anyway. Room was very adequate, but small, but there were only 2 of us, so it was fine. Flat screen tv & small tv in bathroom. The bed was a King pillow top & was very, very comfy. Carpet in room had seen better days, but just left my socks on all the time. My only complaint about the room would be the lighting. I know this hotel is a Green hotel, but boy it was hard to see in there, especially the bathroom. The bathroom was also tiny & the lights were two little lights next to the mirror. That is it. At checkout, I mentioned this & the lady told us that next time, to call down to front desk & they would have brought us brighter light bulbs. This idea had never crossed my mind, but she was nice to mention it. If we stay here again & I am sure we will, I will make sure we ask for better lighting. We ate at KGB burgers twice & it was awesome.Pretty reasonable for Vegas. The two of us ate for around $35. Hotel has 2 Starbucks, which is great & of course, right next door is McD's, which is perfect for a cheap breakfast. Now on to the casino. We come to gamble, so the casino is important to us. The casino is low ceilings & a little smokier than other casinos. The layout is fine. You get used to it after the first day. The major complaint about the casino is the slot machines. They have some new machines, but a lot of their machines are old & outdated. Right next door is Casino Royale & this place is pretty much an old dump, but they at least have a lot of newer machines. Not sure why Harrah's still has machines that have been around since the 90's.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank slssls250
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Taking advantage of a Groupon deal, my husband and I spent Thanksgiving week in Vegas. This was our first time there. While there we discovered that Harrah's was not one of the new luxury hotels, however it's location more than made up for that. The hotel is located right in the middle of the strip. We also enjoyed their huge buffet. The rooms were clean and quiet. The check-in process was long(long lines and somewhat disorganized). The pool was closed, but the spa was open. The bed was comfortable. We reserved a King, but at check-in we were told only the two queens were available. We caught a really great show one night, excellent band, had us dancing the night away. Service was great, everyone was helpful and friendly. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank carmens826
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I did lose in Las Vegas, but staying in this hotel was my best bet of the trip. When I booked my stay at Harrah's on Total Rewards, I got a room for $45.00 a night and they comp me two nights free. So for three nights my checkout price was $50.00 and change. I had a very nice room and it was quiet. Harrah's is a green hotel, which I like. The one thing I did not like was the lack of place to eat after lunch and dinner. I checked in after 5pm and I wanted to get something to eat, not much, just a sandwich. I went to The Cafe and it closed after lunch and would not open til 11pm. So I went to the buffet, $26.00, not that hungry. I ended up at Toby Keith's, which was a mistake. I got the fried chicken. Another good thing about this hotel it is right next door to McDonald's. Every morning out the door to McDonald's for 59cents senior coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Larry H
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Lets not get carried away and try to compare Harrah's with The Venetian or The Bellagio, but as a budget choice there is simply none better! It sits on a perfect part of the strip just opposite The Mirage and Caesar's palace and within easy walking distance of the Fashion mall. I stayed in the mardi gras tower for 10 nights which I'm told is nicer with newer decor and I must say that the room was comparable to some 5 star hotels that I have stayed at on the strip. The casino was possibly a little smokey but the same can be said for a lot of Vegas hotels. All in all if your looking for a bit of a bargain look no further!!

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor in the mardi gras tower.
3 Thank Donny2times
Rosetown, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just stayed here with friends from 26 feb to march 3.Only stayed there because of them. Usualy stay at mgm and will be staying back at mgm next time as my bathroom at mgm is bigger then this whole room.This property is worn out and so smokey couldnt even stay in casino people passed out at machines in the morning as far as im concerned if your going to vegas pay a little more and stay in a a nicer hotel i will never stay here again .overall they should close this place down and rebuild they even allow there room cleaners to put envelopes in the room for tips this ive never seen before and yes i tip very well just dont need someone beggin for a tip .And just one more thing every entrance you get attacked bu people selling timeshare gets a little frustrating all the time .Imsorry i let these people talk me into staying here it will never happen again i will be at mgm properties from now on i wont stray again .

Room Tip: I dont know about other rooms but we overloked empty pool and the music from there carnival kept us...

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Twin Cities, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We spent Feb 25th thru Mar 1st at Harrahs. It certainly is not the Wynn....but we did not pay a Wynn price!! The room was $30 a night. The room was clean and quiet for the most part. The checkin can get long if a large number of peoplke arrive at same time. We got there at midnight and very short wait. Did not hear any construction noise from the Quad construction. I must say that this is not mid strip. Maybe if you include the Staratosphere as the north end maybe. Only thing north of Harrahs are the Wynn resorts and the Venitian/Palazzo. Still a nice location though. Certainly do go to the Quad and dine at Hash House A Go Go. Interesting dining!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family