“Harrah's Hotel and Casino”
Review of Harrah's Las Vegas

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #92 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I and my sister and her husband stayed at Harrah's in Las Vegas over Christmas 2012. Although an older hotel, the rooms have been updated and a good size, particularly the bathroom. The bed is great but the rest of the furniture isn't what it should be. However, for the price we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 9, 2013

As usual, Harrah's accommodation is always outstanding. We always go there between Xmas and New Year. Housekeeping always does excellent job.

The casino and hotel staff are always accommodating.

It's centrally located on the strip. There are always a number of activities.

Room Tip: Be nice to the Registration staff.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bml777777
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've stayed at Harrah's numerous times. The rooms we've stayed in are the deluxe executive suites- which are nice- you enter, have a nice sitting area with a wet bar, and granite top table for extra seating/ room service, and then a separate bedroom with a nice king bed, tv, safe, etc. The bathroom is very nice- big tub, separate vanities, but nothing extraordinary. Clean, nice, trusty. The one thing that really threw me off this time was that I realized how horrible the ventilation system is in the casino. I'm not a smoker- and I never whine about smoke in casinos- but it was bad- very bad, they need to remedy that a bit. Overall, if you want a nice location on the strip for a fair price and decent accommodations- Harrah's isn't a bad choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ashley A
Reviewed January 7, 2013

August, 2013 I made reservations to stay at Harrah's Las Vegas through an online agency. After I made these reservations I was in contact with Harrah's right up untill the night before I should check in. The night of December 22, 2012 when I should check in I called them and told them that I was checking in the following morning instead. Nobody said anything about a problem with my reservations. When I went to check in the following morning I was told that the room was reserved but wasn't paid for because the agency didn't pay them. She then asked how I would like to pay for my room. I asked her,"Why did they not say anything about that when I contacted them the night before." I had travelled all the way from New York City to spend one week at Harrah's. I told them that they are even more dishonest than the travel agency for not telling me that the travel agency had filed for bankuptcy. She then asked "How I would like to pay for my room." I said," You must be crazy if you think I'm going to spend a week in your hotel after you tried to pull a fast one on me." There I was in Las Vegas thousands of miles away from home & now forced to come up with money for accommodations. I walked out of their hotel & went somewhere else. I would not recommend Harrah's to anyone even if it is the lt place left on earth!!!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Pauline R
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here 4 days in January and i must say that for the price it was a great choice and totally exceeded our expectations. Within walking distance of pretty much everything. pretty good and decently priced eating options, right next door to mcdonalds and a couple short blocks to walgreens. across the street from the mirage and ceasers and a 3 minute walk to venetian, palazzo and most the bigger hotels. check in was fast and easy and no annoying people in the entrance or anywhere elso in the hotel for that matter trying to sell u things. besides being hassled every half step about buying, club, show, prostitutes tickets ..etc we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return

Room Tip: rooms on the 26th floor in the carnival tower are very quiet and relaxing
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bizzybee83
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My friends, brother and I stayed here for two nights. We thought the location was good. The hotel room itself was clean. Room service was fantastic. They had nice restaurants in the hotel so we didn't have to go far to dine. Otherwise, McDonalds was a 2 minute walk away!

The only thing that annoyed me was the ground staff in the gambling area. If you're from overseas, make sure you have your passport with you because they didn't accept my brother's driver's license (the most recent one). Their international 'ID' book is not up to date. We got the 'over 21' wrist band on, and still got check for ID from every security guard that walked by.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed in December from 11 to 15/12 - the hotel is nice, clean, good service at the front desk and over the phone.
Can not rate the meal facilities, as I did not eat in.
The location is great, you are toward the north part of the strip, but you have a variety of great hotels and destinations around. I would go back and stay there again.
The only negative and it is not of this hotel, but the one next door (the former Imperial Palace) is the renovations, but I did not hear any noise from renos. Just the shuttle bus takes forever from the airport due to the renos next door.
I would stay there again and would recommend.

Room Tip: I was staying in the Mardi Grass towers and have a room overlooking the stip (10th floor)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo