“Great location & price” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Penticton, Canada
“Great location & price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was my first time staying at Harrah's Hotel in Las Vegas. The location was awesome right in the middle of the strip & plenty of other strip casino's to visit within walking distance. We stayed here for 6 nights during the NRF. We checked in around 7:30 pm with no line up. Took 10 mins to check in. We asked for a quite room/non smoking and got a free upgrade. Check in girl was very friendly and helpful. We were in the Mardi gra tower on floor 9 view of TI and Venetian. Very spacious room that had a flat screen tv and pillow top mattress (2 queen beds). The bathroom even had a tv. A big plus was it had a sliding balcony door with a small balcony. It was nice to open it and let some fresh air into the room. Housekeeping came everyday always left plenty of towels, shampoo, lotion and soap. There was a safe in the room. Ice machine always had ice. A short walk to Walgreens in the Venetian to get your liquor.

**No Wifi in the hotel. Internet was $11.95/day. It is a wired internet connection in the room and there was a cable in the room. We went to the nearby McDonald’s that offers free wi-fi to its customers.

The Flavors buffet was pretty good. We used a 2 for 1 coupon as its $20/person. Went to Toby's and had a great time. The only negative was the drinks service while gambling was hit and miss. Other then that, we will return. It's pretty hard to complain when we paid $28/night after taxes. Harrah's is for you if you are looking for a clean, great location and reasonable rates.

2 Thank rammer998

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Saint George, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My friend and I stayed on a Friday night for under $40 dollars( booked through Priceline) without any additional service fee's that are added in other hotels on the strip. Our room was in the Mardi Grass tower floor 19 and had a great view of the strip right across the street from the mirage and forum shops. We watched the mirage volcano show from our room and enjoyed it. The room was nice and clean. Beds were very comfortable. The decor was nice and stylish. The only complain was that the heater vent was a little loud but most vents are. And our housekeeper nocked and opened our door at 9 am but I guess it was our fault for not putting the do not disturb sign on our door. And she was just doing her job so just make sure you put the sign on your door if you don't want to be awaken;). Other than that very satisfied Great location and PRICE :)

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Kim C
Oro Valley, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed at Harrah's Dec 11-13th for my fiance's Birthday... We had a voucher through Groupon so were not expecting an amazing room or anything. The lovely woman at the front desk offered us a suite upgrade for $20/night!!!! We were put in a beautiful room in the Carnaval tower with a strip view.

The decor is slightly dated, but clean and the room was spacious. The bed was comfortable and had enough pillows for a small army!

2 Thank Jessica L
Estero, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My room was not clean upon checking into the hotel on a business trip. When I went down to the front desk to inform the guest services manager that there was an issue, I had to wait 20 minutes for someone to address the situation and then was treated as if I was a bother. Poor hospitality, poor service. I will never go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank shefishes2

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Check in and check out smooth asked for Free tickets they obliged Vinnie Favorito (Good) Macking Show (Great) Defending The CaveMan (interesting pushing monogamy in Sin City) but have to buy overpriced drink well worth it. Loved the strip view in the center of action easy parking The Toby Kieth's bar rocked great bands (Cash Presley)

Room Tip: Tip rent a car --- did day tripping no line ups for breakie
1 Thank John P
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here for four nights. We were given a strip view but my companion opted for an upgraded luxury room. Front desk should be taught good customer service. As being in the front desk you should at least acknowledge the presence of the person standing in front of you while doing your paper works. I was dissapointed by the upgrade but still the room was reasonable size, clean with balcony and bed was comfortable. The newly renovated rooms were a dissapointment. I guess there's nothing you can really do with an old hotel. This hotel is not high end so I guess at the end you get what you pay for. We just came from Circus Circus and I would say that they had better and bigger rooms at Circus Circus considering that it was comps there and we are paying at Harrah's. Anyway, it's time to be in the strip and Harrah's had a perfect location. From here you could go anywhere by foot and stroll along the different views on the strip. This place is not bad at all but I will consider staying in another hotel in the strip the next time.

2 Thank Hanabanna23
CHicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband & I stayed at Harrah's in October. We checked in at night and I hung all our clothes with the extra hangers that I had packed, and unpacked our bags. The room seemed nice, until two days later when I opened the drapes and sheers on a sunny day. I was horrified to see that the carpeting that I had assumed to be dark brown was actually beige by the nightstand that obviously had been moved a bit. (I thought my feet were dirty from wearing sandals, when actually it was from the filthy carpet in our room!)
I wanted to call someone up to the room and ask them if they would stay in a room like that, but my husband was in a hurry to go out, and at that point our stay was half over. They also charged us for an upgraded "Strip View", which was a joke. Oh, I could see the Mirage sign alright....along with all the pipes and air conditioning units all over the roof, and the rooms in the front of Harrah's that actually had a Strip View.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple