“Great value, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bluegreen Club 36

Bluegreen Club 36
Ranked #107 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great value, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

My husband and I have been Bluegreen owners since 2006, and Club 36 was definitely the best property we've been to thus far. The decor was cool, and the two bedroom floorplan was great (adjoining rooms) - noise was minimal. We went to Vegas with another couple and had a blast. It was nice to have access to ABC Stores (a mini grocery store without produce), a liquor store, Grind Burger (Awesome! Try the Bianca pizza), Subway, and Einstein Bagels in the same building. The main challenge was the shuttle. The driver was excellent and had great information, but the shuttle simply doesn't go to enough places on the strip. It only goes to MGM, Fashion Mall, Imperial Palace, and Mandalay Bay. It would be nice if it went to Caesar's, the Bellaggio, and Luxor. Also, the shuttle only runs on the hour until 11p. It would've been helpful if the shuttle ran every 30 minutes and later than 11p. We spent over $100 just on cab because of the limited shuttle service. Other than the shuttle (and the few minutes it took for the shower to heat up), we were very pleased with this property. Be sure to ask for a view of the strip when you make reservations; otherwise, you'll be enjoying a view of the parking lot. Also, purchase dryer sheets because they aren't available in the rooms, but Gain detergent is available. The liquor store offers free samples. :-) The gym was wonderful - clean, updated and basic equipment, and the exercise mats were comfy. We didn't use the pool, so I can't report on it. When you get to the room, be sure to set your thermostat where you want it. It will get hot in the room if you don't. And, turn on the ice maker so you'll have ice when you go to make drinks in the room. We also didn't use the spa because it received subpar reviews, so I can't make an accurate assessment on the available services. I think that covers most of it. Club 36 is a great value for what you get! Vegas baby!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ARMitchell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Iron Mountain, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

We got suckered into staying hear to hear a timeshare deal...well aside from that, let me tell you bout this place.

Cons: It's very dreary and dark and super tiny! The colors in the hallways and rooms are olive green walls with accents of red and black in the decor, very retro. We stayed in a "B" room (the smallest). It was one bedroom with just enough room to walk around the bed and a tiny tiny kitchen and living room. My two teenage boys had to sleep on the hide-a-bed couch which seemed very uncomfortable. There was only one extra blanket in the room for them to share. There is only one small window in the room....and it's in the bedroom so the whole place feels like your in a prison cell. In the kitchen, you can't open the dishwasher unless you move the table and chairs out of the way. There is a small stove top and fridge. I can't imagine cooking in this kitchen or even eating a meal. It felt like we were staying in a sardine can! The hallways smelled of....some sort of foreign cooking. There are a few restaurants and shops located on the first floor and I think the smell of the cooking comes up through the floors. The elevator is not located in the lobby. You have to walk to the center of the hotel to get to it. The fitness room and internet area was not marked with any signs. We had to have someone take us there. We mentioned there were no signs and he said "I know." You have to pay for internet if you want it at your room. If you want to use their computer it's fine, but if you print something you have to go down 2 floors to the lobby to pick up the printout. You have to pay for room service. I have never heard of this. Their little in room guide said they provided complimentary towel pick up, topping off coffee/shampoos, and taking the trash. We were there 2 days and got none of this. You have to drive everywhere as it's not close enough to walk anywhere. Oh, and it's at the end of the runway from the airport. Surpisingly, we were not too bothered by the sound of planes...the place must be well insulated and soundproof. It was actually kind of neat to watch them fly so close.

Pros: washer and dryer in room was handy to use. The bed was comfortable. The pool area looked nice.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank CAROL H
San Bernardino, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

We were in a Bass Pro Shop in So. Cal when a man approached us telling us about this great deal. We could go to Vegas for 3 days, 2 nights for $99. and stay in a one-bedroom "villa." No strings except that we had to listen to a timeshare presentation...which wasn't ever brought up by the sales man. My husband had to ask if this is what it was. He said, "Yes, but it's only a 90 min presentation. No pressure to buy." We said ok!

This past weekend we went. I was very nervous about the sales presentation, as I had read so many bad experiences about it. First, I want to talk about my feelings on the actual hotel.

When you think of a one-bedroom villa, I'm thinking of how spacious and grand it is. I guess that was my mistake, because this was like a very small studio apartment. However, it was good enough. The place was very dark, as the only window is a small window in the bedroom. My favorite part of a hotel room is the bed. I love a good sized queen or king plush bed with down comforter and duvet. This is not what was in there. The bed was a small queen? It was hard and it had one of those scratchy motel grade bed spreads. Ugh.

The bathroom is a good sized, which was nice. There's also a kitchenette and a washer/dryer. I think those are a plus, however we didn't really use them. I think the worst part of the room is that it's attached to another "villa" by just two regular doors. You know how in some hotel rooms there might be those heavy doors that connect two rooms? This is what we had. The difference is that the real hotel rooms that have these, the doors are a great barrier. You can't hear the people in the next room through them. With the doors in this room, they are just two regular doors like we'd have in our hallways at home. You can see under these doors into the next room. And if you have noisy people staying next door, forget it. Because these people were not noisy at all, but we could hear them talking as if they were in the same room as us. I was not pleased at all. A little privacy Bluegreen??? That's all we ask.

Ok, so the presentation was ok. The guy we had was nice and funny. I felt like these guys' main job is to get you to like them first. They are constantly trying to relate to you. After talking to him, we are all taken into a room where one of the sales guys becomes a "stand-up comedian" if you want to call him that. At least he thinks he is. After 30 min of crappy jokes and making us introduce ourselves, he talks about the benefits of a timeshare. Now....remember how we were told that after 90 min we could walk? This isn't the case. After the 90 min..they take you on a tour of the hotel. We didn't really mind because our salesman was nice. We actually did like him. Just a side note...they don't have clocks anywhere in the presentation areas and forbid you to talk on your cellphones. If you even look at your phone, they get kind of upset. I think they don't want you realizing how long the presentation/tour is. Because after all was said and done, it was four hours. Granted, my husband and I had a lot of questions about the whole process. In the end, we decided it wasn't for us, and he was cool with it and we got our gift and was sent on our way.

Oh, I do want to point out that the Einstein Bagel shop on the property is AWESOME!

All in all, I give it three stars. It was worth the $99 dollars for 2nights, I think. I would never stay there again though.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ChloeDuvall
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2010

My family (wife and two young children) recently stayed at the Bluegreen Resort Club 36 in Las Vegas during December 2010. The overall rating for the resort was just “average” for the following reasons.

The property is located off Tropicana Boulevard, a little over ½ a mile behind the MGM Grand hotel, and directly across from the airport. Although the property is directly next to the airport, never once did I hear any airport/jet noise from inside the resort. The resort is 7 stories tall, with the entrance on one side, and some business occupying the ground floor on the other side. The business include a Subway, an ABC store, which if you’ve never visited one in Hawaii, they are like a mini Walmart. They have everything from A (Alcohol) to Z (Zsu Zsu pets). Anything you need during your vacation can be found there. There is also a nice burger/bar lounge, a very good bagel shop, a fully stocked liquor store, and a pizzeria which when we tried to order dinner found out they closed two hours early. I would highly recommend not counting on them being open if you have dinner plans there. Besides these businesses, the resort is pretty isolated unless you have a car or want to walk over ½ mile to the closest casino (MGM or Hooters). The resort provides a free shuttle which runs every hour, and stops at the following; MGM, Monte Carlo, Fashion Show Mall, Imperial Palace. They do not guarantee pick-up, so you have to take a taxi back to the resort. Check-in time is 4PM, and check-out is 10AM, which is a little early in my opinion.

Once inside the resort, you’ll find it’s very nice. The staff were all very professional and courteous, and made every effort to assist me during our stay. The highlight of the resort for my young children was the indoor pool and jacuzzi. It was raining and cold during our stay, but the pool and jacuzzi was very nice and protected from the outside elements. There is also an outdoor sunning deck just off the pool which is located on the 4th floor. The sun deck is a great place for watching planes take off and land from the airport. On the second floor is also a well equipped gym with cardio and weight lifting equipment. The second floor also has a 3 station computer center in the corning of the hallway. All of the computers run very slow, and I found some very normal sites blocked. If you want to print anything, the computers print to the front desk. There is also a Spa on the 2nd floor, which we did not visit. The parking is located in spaces around the resort, not in a parking structure. The area around the resort is basically just empty undeveloped dirt lots.

We stayed in a one bedroom deluxe room, which has a separate living room and a fully stocked kitchen with a large refrigerator. My overall impression of the room was they packed a lot into a small area. This was on the smaller side of resort condos that I have stay in, but it was still nice. The decor has modern, pleasant, and had a bit of an aviation theme to it. There was a flat screen television in the bedroom and the living which included a DVD player. There were plenty of cable channels, but no PPV. The bathrooms were very large, in fact it was actually two bathrooms. One had a toilet, tub/shower, and sink, the other had a large walk in shower and sink. Both were very nice. There is also a safe and iron/board in the bathroom. The worse part about the condo was the bed, it was far below average. We couldn’t figure out why they would put such a crappy bed in such a nice condo. Because this is a condo, there is no free daily maid service. For an extra fee you can request different levels of daily maid service. We were there for 3 nights, and didn’t need any additional cleaning. They also have Wi-Fi access in the room, but that is also an additional fee.

We attended a time share presentation while we were there. The salesman was very nice and professional, even after we declined to join the Bluegreen Resort family. No high pressure sales tactics were used.

Because it was off the main strip path, and kind of isolated, I probably would not stay here again. Unless it was cold temperatures and we wanted to enjoy the indoor pool. If the price is real good, it may be worth a visit.

On a side note, if you’ve never visited the Hoover Dam, it was a very nice side trip we made during this Vegas trip. They whole family enjoyed it, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank SNAFU23
Porter, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

I am a BlueGreen owner. I have been unhappy since Day 1!!!! They will lie to you just to get you sold. Then forget everything. This was my first time to stay at any of their resorts. I was so disappointed. Access to and from the room was horrific. Water ran upstairs for 5 straight days. We slept with the tv on so we would not hear it. After 3 calls to front desk we gave up. From what I paid for ownership, I should have gotten a Royal Suite. The rooms were nice, but for the money would stay elsewhere. Friends stayed at MGM for $49 a night and their room was awesome. The location is also bad. I had a bad taste for BlueGreen before I went and it only got worse.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bob W

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

My husband & I stayed as guests of some friends of ours. The lobby is very nice. The room was nothing like the pictures. The bed, linens & pillows were like a Super 8. The mattress was saggy & the pillows were little foam pancakes. The bedspread was one of those scratchy ones. I wondered if they got the furnishings st some hotel going out of business sale. The bathroom was clean, with some rust spots. The toiletries & towels were average. The living area was average also. There was a pull out couch & a tiny table in the kitchenette area. The kitchenette was tiny, but usable. The whole place was very dingy looking. Not good lighting & hardly no natural light. The "view" from the bedroom was of a parking lot. You are too far to walk to the strip & the airport is right across the street. No had to pay $20 for maid service. The good? the layout was nice. If you had more than 2 adults staying in it, you would feel crowded. It was also a no casino, no smoking hotel. You could park your own car in the lot. There was a store right outside, a Subway, a burger joint & a Einsteins.
I think if you looked around you could find a much nicer hotel or timeshare for the same price. It definitely shouldn't be called a resort.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ej626
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

I thought the rooms themselves were fantastic with a great shower! The staff was very helpful, even when we accidently dumped a bottle of liquid cold medicine on the bed. They were very nice about it and prompltly came and changed all the bedding. The airport noise inside the room wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I couldn't imagine sitting on the sundeck adjacent to the pool. The planes fly directly overhead and outdoors, it is VERY noisy.

I didn't particulary care for the location. However it was very easy to just drive the car and park in MGM's parking lot when we wanted to go to the strip.

The reason for the three stars is that our whole stay was ruined because of the timeshare presenation. Yes, we knew going into it we would be pressured to buy. My husband and I have sat through many timeshare presentations from other companies and have NEVER been hounded as bad as this. Everyone was very nice in the beginning but three hours later, after explaining 20 different ways that we couldn't afford it, the woman absolutely would not let us leave without us filling out a credit report so she could check our credit to "see what she could do". I asked the male salesman at the table if this was required and he sheepishly shook his head no (it was his second day on the job). When she came back, I asked her the same question and she said yes. At this point, I was fed up and told them I didn't respond well to high pressure sales tactics and at this point I would say no even if they offered to give me a timeshare for free. The whole experience pretty much put me in a rotten mood the rest of the day.

Bottem line, even though the resort was very nice, the presentation left such a bad taste in my mouth, I would never recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple