“Not sure why the staff calls it a resort”
Review of Bluegreen Club 36

Bluegreen Club 36
Ranked #109 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I really liked the room at the "resort". It was great to have a separate living and bedroom. We did not use the kitchen. When we go on vacation, the last thing we want to do is cook or do dishes. The washer and dryer would be handy if you want to have clean laundry before you go home. We did not use it and cannot attest to its quality.

We were not fond of the location. It is near the MGM, but is a haul if you decide to walk. They do have a shuttle but when we tried to take it after checking in the bus driver informed us that the door was broken. We decided to call a cab. Cabs are quite expensive in Las Vegas.

I am not really sure why they call this a resort. It has a pool, jacuzzi, sundeck, computer area and a small workout room none of which are overly impressive. There is a Subway, Einstein Bagels, pizza restaurant and convenience store on the property. They are not affiliated with the resort. When I think of a resort I think of outstanding swimming pools, high quality restaurants and plenty of activities to enjoy. You will not have that experience here.

We had to attend the time share presentation as a contingency for the low room rate. I was not fond of the presenter. I really do not want to hear about vacations he had as a child. I am sorry that his grandma had a stroke, but I really do not want to hear about her aspirating her food. I am glad that he and his wife have a great time enjoying their timeshare but do not need to hear about her fondness for shoes. I just want the facts presented to me in a clear and concise manner.

We will not be staying at the Bluegreen again. The location does not work for us. The rooms were great and the front desk staff was very nice and helpful. If you rent a car and can get past the fact that it is not a true resort then you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank satchel21
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Club 36, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hello satchel21,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Bluegreen Club 36. We are happy you found the rooms great and the staff was nice and attentive when needing help. We regret to learn the off-the-strip location did not meet your needs. Thank you again for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Bluegreen Club 36

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here last weekend of August for some Vegas R&R with friend's families and was pleasantly surprised! The hotel is centrally located-very close to the airport, but away from the madness of the Strip. You can see planes fly overhead but you cannot hear them inside the rooms. The suites are huge! They have a big living room with flat screen TV; a kitchen with a full size refrigerator(!), stove and microwave, dishes, coffeemaker, with coffee, lemonade and popcorn; a laundry washer and dryer with soap provided, big rooms with flat screen TV also, and the huge bathroom with full size walk in showers, his and her sinks, toliet and bathtub, stocked with fresh towels and Bath and Body Works toiletries! This was the A suite, which has an adjoining B suite which acts as a second bedroom to make a 2 bedroom suite. Even the B suite has its own kitchen, but of course not as large as the A one. Both of them have couches that pull out, so they are perfect for families or large groups of friends. The rooms have a view of the Strip, and the green MGM gleams in the distance. The hotel is decorated in Art Deco, has a huge pool and jacuzzi on the 4th floor where you can watch the planes fly, as well as a gym. Though the hotel does not serve breakfast, he building has a retail storefront-so they have a subway, an ABC store, Einstein's bagels and a pizza and burger place, which makes it very convenient for lots of eating choices that you don't have to drive to. The Strip is only a few mins away for all the buffets. The hotel is a time share condo as well, so you will notice people come in for timeshare presentations, as well as the cleaning service is not daily for for the duration of your stay, but available upon request. This saves lots of water from not having to wash sheets and towels that are still clean. The hotel is green and and environmentally conscious and has separated bins for trash and recycling. There is a shuttle that will take you to the Strip and around the area with a limited radius, however there is no shuttle to the airport which is a $10 cab ride away. The staff is friendly and efficient-check out is at 10AM but they offer late checkout depending on the occupancy of the hotel. It's a nice home away from home when you want to retreat from the madness of the Strip, with its crowds and noise. I would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a view of the Strip!
1  Thank RichieSel
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Club 36, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Hello RichieSel,

We are thrilled you were pleasantly surprised with your recent stay at Bluegreen Club 36. We are happy our off The Strip location was a convenience, and that our condo style accommodations were spacious and well equipped. We appreciate your feedback, as this review will be helpful for those planning a visit. We love to know you felt our resort was like a home away from home. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This had to be one of the most dismal places we have ever stayed. Lured in by the deal offered at Bass Pro we planned a mini vacation around our 2 night stay here and then staying 2 additional nights on the strip. This place has absolutely nothing going for it. It is too far off the strip to walk and unless you have your own car, you are completely dependent on the shuttle bus or a $20 dollar taxi ride. The pool and sun deck area is completely lacking in ambiance. The bar looks like it had been closed for some time, the Jacuzzi was taped off and the pool was cold. There was no real sign of life to this place. This place is not a resort by any stretch of the imagination. It is a condo, plain and simple. Our room was so small it was suffocating and the window looked out at street level. We had to keep the curtains closed the whole time, which made it even worse. The internet "cockpit" was a joke, taking 1 to 2 minutes for a page to load. The theme appeared to be that of an airplane/airport. Well, when you are stuck out in the desert, next to an airport with nothing to do, what you don't want to be reminded of is that you ARE stuck out in the desert, next to the airport with nothing to do. Seriously, management, what is up with décor. How about some bright southwest colors and BIG potted plants and palms, liven up the pool area. The sun deck is a concrete slab looking over a concrete flight line. If staying in your room and cooking and doing laundry is what appeals to you on your vacation, by all means stay here, you'll love it. As for us, we checked out of our non-refundable "villa" the minute our sales pitch ended and got a awesome room down on the strip for less than $50 and didn't regret it for a single minute. I cannot believe that BlueGreen even invites people to this property to get them to buy into their vacation ownership. After being here for one night, we had zero interest in what they had to sell us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank daba1961

Hello daba1961,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bluegreen Club 36. We are committed to providing our guests with exceptional accommodations and service. We regret to learn this was not your experience. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com so we can further discuss your concerns. Thank you.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed for the weekend. Vegas was fun. The hotel has fully stocked kitchenettes and a washer and dryer. the shower was awesome. Contemporary decor, the indoor pool was relaxing. they have a shuttle that picks up and drops off at various location on the strip.

2  Thank RNA_13
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Club 36, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Hello RNA_13,

We are so glad to hear that you had a fun weekend in Las Vegas. Thank you for writing a review of your stay at Bluegreen Club 36. We appreciate your compliments regarding the décor and amenities. We are happy that you found the pool relaxing and took advantage of the shuttle service to the strip. We hope to see you again on your next escape to Las Vegas.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband, a friend, and I stayed here on a recent vacation. We signed up for a package deal at Bass Pro and were apprehensive about the accomodations after I looked the resort up online. I do think that to call the place a "resort" is stretching it a bit...It's a a condo-hotel, plain and simple. But it was a nice one.
We enjoyed the art deco design of the rooms and the building. We loved the huge walk-in shower and the full kitchen (tho we only used the coffeepot and microwave, LOL), and the washer/dryer combo in the unit was a plus (there were even two boxes of laundry soap waiting for us on our arrival). I'd read reviews about the noise from the airport being a downer, but although we were on the airport side of the building and on the 5th of 7 floors, we rarely heard any of the noise from the planes while we were inside the room. I'd also read that there was a governor on the a/c thermostats and that the rooms got hot in the summer. Well, we were there in July and it was "hotter than Hades" outside but our rooms were cool and comfortable the entire 4 days.
As for the building, check-in was quick and pleasant and we enjoyed how friendly and helpful all of the staff were. We did not like that the signs direct you to the backside of the building for check-in and then you have to move your vehicle around to the other side of the building to park, when you can access the lobby from the main parking lot. Then once you get in the building, the elevators are a mile from the lobby, due to the configuration of the building. Usually, hotels locate their elevators near their lobbies for guest convenience. When you exit the elevators, however, there is an exit-only door that takes you directly to the parking lot, but each time you come in you must trek down the first floor hallway to catch the elevator again. Also, the bar & grill in the pool area was closed. When we asked how long it would be closed, the answer we got was that they were unsure. It would be fantastic if it were opened again, otherwise it just makes the pool area seem semi-vacant.
The ABC store right out of the parking lot door was super handy for coffee & creamer the first morning. Drinks, fruit, etc. were less expensive there than anywhere closer to or on the strip, which made it handy. And the collection of restaurants onsite was nice and unxpected. Great variety-though we only ate at the Subway, there was also an upscale Burger restaurant, a pizza place, and an Einstein Bros. on location.
We enjoyed our stay here enough that we plan on returning. We visit Las Vegas at least once each year, and though we are Bluegreen owners, we could save our vacation points for somewhere else and stay in a hotel when we go, with all the great deals on hotel rooms on the strip, but it was nice to "come home" to a room that was away from the hustle and bustle of the strip to relax after a day of wandering Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe single - the rate is the same but the rooms have a full kitchen and a wonderful wal...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Hello amberyoung01,

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review your recent stay at Bluegreen Club 36. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location, décor, accommodations and amenities. We are sorry that every aspect of your stay was not perfect but glad that you relaxed at the resort after a day on the strip. We look forward to welcoming you back as Bluegreen owners for years to come.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here with my family for the 2nd time. Stayed in a 2 bedroom on the main building's 4th floor (pool level). The rooms were basically two 1-bedroom suites connected. Something seemed off with this room compared to the last one we stayed in. This did not have a view. Same well-equipped kitchen, nice breakfast nook come dining table. Washer and dryer a great addition. Furniture and deco seemed cheaper this time. Nevertheless, great beds, even the sofa bed was large and comfy! Not far from the strip at all (directly behind MGM Grand). I stayed at the MGM Signature the night before and I have to say, I enjoyed staying here better. No parking in the shade and DO NOT park anywhere near the retail shops although it seems like you can park there b/c you cannot, I found out through a warning post the hotel had put on my car. Walmart is a couple of blocks down.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the airport so you can see planes instead looking at a wall as your view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Club 36, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hello alymj,

Thank you for returning to Bluegreen Club 36 and sharing your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the beds and amenities in the room. However, we are sorry to learn of some of your disappointments. If at any time you are less than satisfied with any aspect of your stay, please contact the Front Desk and we will do everything we can to improve your experience. We do hope that you will return for a third visit!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Bluegreen Club 36 behind the MGM. I shared an adjoining room with my brother. The room was great not to small and not to big. The only warning I want to give is that housekeeping does not clean the rooms until you leave. However, I think you can request that they clean your room during your stay. I had no problem with that but some people might. My fun began when I visited the strip. There was so much to do and so many attractions to visit. I had a great time just walking and taking in the scenery. The Bellagio Fountain, Madame Tussauds, and the Gondola rides are definitely a must see attraction. I wished I could have taken in more attractions but my time was limited. I can't really comment on the food seeing is I don't think I ate that much so nothing really stands out. I would recommend this resort but keep in mind they would they want your business. I can't wait to visit Las Vegas again and this time I want to stay at the Venetian Hotel.

Hello Renee B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bluegreen Club 36. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and your time on the Strip. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope you will return for another stay.