“Pleasant Stay in Vegas”

Ranked #102 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sacramento, CA
“Pleasant Stay in Vegas”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We found out about BlueGreen at a Bass Pro shop. Decided to give it a try with the understanding that we would have to attend a 90 minute time share presentation. Closer to 3 hours. (More about the rooms below) Granted our sales person was very nice but I started out by telling him we were not willing to take on any additional expenses at this time and he spent the whole morning trying to get us to change our minds. Great idea we just can't afford it at this time. OK, now about the rooms. We got an "A" unit. Fair sized for a couple. I would recommend getting an "A" AND a "B" if you have children or more than 4 people in your party. About like having a small apartment. Kitchen with convection/microwave, dishwasher, fridge, blender, toaster, utensils and serving ware for 4. We knew this ahead of time and brought all our own food and beverages. Didn't use the washer or dryer. Large walk in shower, great for couples ;) Only bad thing to say about the room was the bed. Way too soft for our liking. I had read several other reviews about this place and agree with "Bring You Own Pillows". We did, thankfully. About the resort : Away from the hustle and rush of the strip, relaxing. You can drive about 1/2 mile to the MGM parking (free) and explore the strip from there. HINT: $12 gets you a 24 hour pass on the Mono-rail that goes from one end to the other with several stops. The staff was friendly. Great burger joint at the front of the building. Negatives: Chlorine in the pool was so strong you could smell it down the hallways with the doors closed to the indoor pool. (4th floor). The internet station computers were slower than dial up. In room internet was NOT free so we didn't try it. Didn't really notice the jets that some complained about. Maybe it depends on which wing and what floor you are on. No room service and maid service is an additional charge.

2 Thank Sargewolf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Bluegreen properties are the worst, avoid at all costs. Staff has no integrity, rooms are tiny, and the area is unsafe. I can't tell you how awful the experience was here, the staff says they are going to do things and then never quite get around to it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!! It is unsafe.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank C I

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Big Bear Lake, California
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I traded our timeshare time to stay at the Bluegreen while we visited Las Vegas. The place is ok, but we have stayed at much nicer hotels and timeshares with much better amenities and location. It is located off (to the East of) the Strip so you will have to take a cab or drive to anywhere you want. (They state they have a free shuttle service to some locations but we only saw the shuttle around once in four days.) It is also directly under one of the main flight paths going into and out of the Las Vegas (McCarran) Airport so you have the excessive noise of jets overhead all day and well into evening. (I could not sleep at all due to jets overhead nearly all night long and into the early hours of the next morning.) The buidling and parking are poorly designed so you have to walk a long distance to the elevator and/or to your room and nearby parking is difficult to find if you are gone and come back in the evening. The rooms are also small, cramped, and poorly laid out. We called ahead to see about wireless Internet service in the rooms and were told that there was free Internet only to find out that there is a charge for Internet access in your room. They do have three free Internet computer stations on the 2nd floor but the connection speed is so slow that it is virtually useless. (You also cannot connect your own laptop for free on the 2nd floor, as we were assured by the desk staff. You can only use their computers.) The desk staff were friendly but ignorant of what was offered at the location or where we could find out more info on our questions. In short, there are much nicer and better located hotels and timeshares in the Las Vegas area. I would only stay here again if it was the only place I could get in. It is not worth it otherwise.

4 Thank Steven C
San Jacinto, California, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We booked the Bluegreen Club a month in advance through a travel web site. Online, I was impressed with the amenities and thought that it would make our 3 night stay more bearable. We checked in later in the evening after driving for 4 hours. I was sent to an "A" room, which is for non-owners, while my husband grabbed all of our gear. I checked the room out, and found a queen bed, not the king I had booked. I hauled the two kids back to the front desk, produced the email confirming the king bed I booked. We were accomodated within a few minutes.

There was also a seperate charge for wifi, I think 7.99 a day, which we laughed at and just used our 4G service.

The whole living room, kitchen combo is tiny. My daughter slept on the fold out couch, and so twice a day we had to move/push the 60lb+ metal coffee table into the kitchen (which I'm sure is a fire escape hazard).

The kitchen was small, with only a stove top, no oven. The washer/dryer was inside the closet IN the kitchen. I found it difficult to use, even thought they had instructions. I ended up having to slam the door, for it to recognized it was shut. Also, you have to drain the dryer into the sink, each time you use it. Wow.

The bathroom was pretty standard, the shower spray was weak, and thankfully we were across the hall from housekeeping so we could ask for more towels, etc. The bed was hard and uncomfortable, but I do sleep on a $3600 Tempurpedic mattress at home, so I could be biased. The decor looked ok, a little beat. My husband got the side of the bed with the table, and we were only able to charge one phone at a time. The walls were thin, and I could hear the couple in the adjoining "B" suite, fighting throughout the night.

The pool was FREEZING cold and even the little kids complained about it. One of the days we were in the pool, a small child got sick and they locked the doors early to clean. We went back later to use the flight deck and had issues getting in. There were people still using the spa and flight deck, they just popped open the door near the restrooms. The "bar" at the pool was not open the Fri-Mon we were there.

Parking in the back is not clearly marked. My husband paralled park at 11 at night, the next morning we (and 20 other people) had warning citations on the door. Apparently most of the parallel parking is for 15 minutes or less. We ended up parking in the front near the stores, which was a longer walk.

There is an ABC store, which being from Oregon, we don't have. They are outrageously overpriced and kept their playboys out in the open near the register, at my 7 year old eye level. Thanks.

I picked this place for the fridge and washer/dryer access, and will probably skip in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank April M
Edgar, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Nothing that was over the top, but nothing bad to say either. The resort was near the airport, but the planes/noise were never an issue. It was clean, friendly, well decorated, and what we would expect from a Bluegreen property. The beds were a bit hard (but not too hard) and we had to ask for more pillows. But they responded right away with the "more pillows" request. If I had one complaint, it would be that our room was too far from an elevator.

Room Tip: The indoor pool is on the fourth floor and near the elevators. Being near the elevators is perhaps...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MrJAL
Oceanside, California
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We just returned from our visit to this resort.We found that the rooms were great and the resort areas were kept very clean. The staff was very nice. We attended the presentation and like all of them it was a great tour, but the female that gave the presentation really did not sell me or my wife. Her presentation was long and she kept saying this is what I will leave you with before I release you to your representative. (6 Times) The person who helped us was great and the management for the presentation made it painless and interesting. I only had one complaint and it was that the resort was too close to the airport and planes flew over all night keeping me awake the first night. We already own a timeshare and would have purchased this one if we did not have one already. Will love to visit agian when the planes are flying the other way. Another change for the resort is the internet. It was very slow and locked numerous times. With all resorts they done fit everyone and when people go in with a negative attitude they find more than others with a positive mind. GREAT TIME.

Santa Ana, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went with friends and we got the two bed suites big full equipped kitchen we ended up having 3 showers which is a must with 4 women plenty of space and close to the strip. Indoor pool was wonderful to get out of the heat. We really didn't have to even leave if we didn't want to. A ABC store on premise, Subway, Wood fire pizza oh yum! Einstein Bagels for breakfast, The Grind pub and hamburger restaurant all walking distance. Staff was friendly and accommable. I highly recommend this resort/hotel!

Room Tip: Near airport but we did not hear the planes even though on sun deck we saw them coming in but no sou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends