“Bad layout and sales pitch”
Review of Bluegreen Club 36

Bluegreen Club 36
Ranked #107 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for two nights as part of a time share promotion. The hotel is generally OK for the price. We were traveling with a child and found that the layout of the 1 bedroom suite was very awkward when you tried to get the sofa bed out. The picture Trip Advisor has of a suite is like the one we stayed in. First, that coffee table is made of metal and glass with sharp edges. Not child friendly. Second, it weighs about 60 pounds. Third, there not much room to put it anywhere when you want to use the sofa bed. Kitchen area was fine and there is a washer dryer included which took some time to figure out how to use. Other than that it is just a hotel near an airport - not a Resort by any means.
Now to the timeshare pitch. We spent about 20 minutes with a nice polite young man chit chatting about this and that and then over an hour in a room with other couples listening to a Dolly Parton wannabee telling us how great BlueGreen was. No specifics of course. After that it's back to the young salesman who takes us to see a presidential suite which is really beautiful and large but would use up all your points for a 1 night stay. The sales pitch was very amateurish. Basically they think that you are now so impressed with what has gone on so far that you will just jump at signing up for a large cash payment and equally large annual fees. I will not give specifics as frankly the whole thing was totally confusing with different numbers flying around all over the place. Never thought I'd say this but they made Marriott's Vacation Club look like a better deal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank BigMac26

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a really nice airport hotel ... with suites. The staff was friendly enough, and the room was comfortable (if a bit awkwardly designed in layout), but Bluegreen says this is a "flagship resort." Really? The indoor pool is standard Holiday Inn fare. The ambience is negligible. Clever of them to give it an Amelia-Earhart-aviation "theme," so you can consider the "view" of the airport (and the endless stream of landing planes) part of the show. Actually, the plane noise was not an issue (except when outside sunning on the "deck" ... bring an iPod and some headphones). The location is handy, but I'd still recommend a car so you're not at the mercy of the shuttle. Speaking of car ... we found a strongly-worded warning on our rental when we went out pre-dawn to head to our early flight on departure day. It said we'd parked in a 15-minute zone and were subject to being towed. No indication of that whatsoever in the parking lot (there were several places in the lot with clear signage to that effect, but not this particular area). We even were careful to park on the correct side of the one posted notice about retail parking (see photo). We didn't bother to talk to anybody about it since we probably won't be back. If you're looking for an average hotel-style stay in Vegas, this will do fine. There are way too many above-average options in the area, though. I'd take a pass on this one.

Room Tip: Our room was near the elevator, where groups tended to congregate and loudly discuss their plans. E...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pdxhalls
Reviewed March 28, 2013

BEDBUGS!!!!!!! There is no debating it, we found bedbugs. Then to come home to find the room was STILL charged to my cc after the manager promised our charges would all be zeroed out after that discovery and the ensuing panic we dealt with for the entire rest of our vacation. Now, the fun of decontaminating everything we cannot throw out.

Room Tip: Just don't go. Bedbugs are not worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Leanne M
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The room is ok but boxy and the layout is stupid. The TV is mounted next to washer and dryer and that is next to the fridge. Really ?? Could have separated the TV from the washer and dryer you would have thought. The room is hot. The thermostats are set to not cool room. They maintence guy said that is the temp they are set at and he can't do anything about if. The staff tries to help but it clear the management won't allow them to do much for helping you. I literally had to shower several times just to cool down the room stayed at 78 degrees no matter what. The sales staff goes in and on how this place and blue green is great and it's free and this and that. It's real easy to see for me threw their bull. But keep your guard up as they are looking to get in your pocket and not looking out for your best interest. I suggest not staying here and not making a purchase from blue green EVER.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank imc410
Reviewed March 19, 2013

we were staying here b/c of a deal we pruchased at bass pro shop. i was very apprehensive about the place but solved one problem (the shuttle) by getting a rental car. no way would we have wanted to walk to the strip and with the cost of busses and cabs we did better having our own car. we went to walmart , etc. and took our car on our own tours to hoover dam and red rock canyon. we checked out the parking garages ahead of time and had printed the info up b/f we left so we just parked where we were going to spend most of the day. rarely had to drive on the strip. we were even able to go to the famous "welcome to las vegas " sign , park and get out for pictures. so as far as the "resort" goes , it doesnt compare to any of the casino/resorts on the strip but it was adequate for our needs. our 1 bedroom deluxe suite was nice. had a decent view but not the strip view. the planes could be heard but never enough to be disturbing. the couple we were traveling had the adjoining 1 bedroom suite and it was much smaller with only a small window in the bedroom and no full lenght mirror. neither rooms had much floor space for suitcases . there was some ac noise that was noticeable but didnt keep us up at night just noticed it early in am . the most annoying problem was the shower- impossible to regulate hot/cold water. so much for a nice relaxing shower after a long day on the strip! both rooms were well equipped as far as the kitchen goes. having the abc store and restaurants on the property was great ! i must say that the resort staff was very pleasant and helpful especially with directions and the timeshare staff were not extremely pushy . while i would rather stay on the strip this was a good deal and would probably stay again if the price was right . guess we actually saved money by not staying at a casino where gambling is so convenient !

Room Tip: ask for a view and a deluxe 1 bedroom suite
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank pbsmetairie
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our friend signed us up to do the time-share. We paid $99 and got 3 days, two nights. We were going to Las Vegas, so we took up this deal. We got a free night because we were coming in on a Tuesday.

It was a $22 cab ride for us to get there (I think the cab driver took us for a ride). We had 4 suitcases and two bookbags and had no help when we got dropped off. And we didn't see the luggage cart anywhere. We checked in and were at the furthest end from the elevator on 3rd floor. I'm glad we didn't have the kids, because we wouldn't have had room for them. If you are not an owner they give you a "B" room, which are smaller. There was a kitchenette, living room, bathroom and bedroom. There was no extra room in the bedroom, we had to lay our luggage out on the couch.

We had issues with the washer and dryer. We asked for help with the washer and no one ever came. My husband finally got it to work. The dryer is confusing. Everything has to be set on off (two different things).

The airport is right across the street. So during the day we could hear the planes but not at night. We didn't have anyone next to us until the last day. And we could hear EVERYTHING the people next to us said.

We had the 3 hour sales-pitch. It all sounds good, but we didn't go for it. If you look up all the Bluegreen resorts, their reviews are not very good. If I'm going to invest in a property, I want it to be good quality.

The gym wasn't bad, but their was nothing to clean the equipment off with. The pool was decent sized.

We used the shuttle a handful of times. It didn't run often enough and make sure you show up early enough (only 20 people can ride). The driver was very helpful though.

The cab ride back will be around $5 on the way back to the airport.

There were only two pillows on the bed, I'm used to having at least 4. And the thermostat wouldn't go under 68, so we were very hot at night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jerkate07
Reviewed March 16, 2013

First and foremost, the BG36 may taut itself as a timeshare resort, but it really is more like a hotel with the standard timeshare features: a washer and dryer, kitchen with pots/plates/utensils & full sized fridge. Resort it is not. Before I continue about how small the rooms, bed and all the other peeves about the place, let me get this biggest frustration out first: there was no Internet! If you want to get online you would either have to pay AT&T $7/day or rely on your smartphone's connection. Not that I am addicted to checking IG or my email, but anytime you did want to check them or even post something or even look for Vegas information you would be either directed, after a minute delay, to the AT&T you-need-to-pay-for-wifi site or the cannot-refresh screen.  (I ended up paying for a full week cuz the husband needed internet for work related things. But wifi should be available in my opinion).

As for the amenities, things that I know really matter:
The bed was wide but too short. So I suppose it would be perfect for those buffet fiends with a height of 5'7" or less.
Only one sink in the bathroom and no countertop space. Not only that no full length mirror. Probably not a big deal for dudes. But for a woman in Vegas, how the hell was a going to put my warpaint (makeup) and get decked out properly? The only full lengthed mirrors were by the elevators which fortunately were across the hallway from our room.
Speaking of hallways and elevators- the engineer/architect was obviously not a vacationer. Why would anyone design a hotel/resort with elevators 300+ paces away from the main entrance/front desk? (I didn't really count the paces. But it is way too far a distance for anyone).  Other things: tub was slow to drain. I really REALLY find that disgusting. And the walls are super thin. We had Asian travelers next door that showed up in the middle of the night. They were totally noisy moving in, both excited they being in Vegas and just not courteous about it being 3am USA time. Also, one of them snored like a rhino, at least what I imagine a rhino to sound like. The hubby and I joked about it, but it wasn't so  funny if we hit bed after snore-like-rhino did.

Location-wise: I'm originally from Vegas. And we were there to spend the holidays with my family.  So we weren't there for the Strip. However, I can opine saying this-it is near the airport. So getting there from McCarran is not a problem. It is a short DRIVE from the Strip. It is possible to walk; but considering what season you go and how much you'll shop and or drink (& for women-what shoes you wear), the walk back may not be so nice. Also, if you know where things are, it's a 7-15 minute drive to Walmart or Target and other local general stores if you want to get groceries cheaper than the ABC store on the first floor.

The pool is alright. We went in the winter, so we jumped in for an hour or so. It's under huge windows, so I bet in the summer it would be nice. While we were there about 4 other families with children were also enjoying the pool. Needless to say, it was quite crowded and loud. The jacuzzi's bubbles were yellow and fuzzy-nobody rinses before jumping in hotel pools anyway. But that was gross.

Despite the plethora of things that were subpar in my opinion, there was something that I felt deserved a huge gold star-their staff. I mis-read our reservation and thought we were booked for Wednesday to Wednesday. We arrived 1120pm after a ten hour drive in from California to learn the reservation was for Thursday to Thursday. The front desk lady got us a room for that extra night where we wouldn't have to switch later. She, asking if we were members of AAA, also gave it with an AAA discount. Extremely weary, we trucked our things down the hallways and up the elevator to then find that our room's heater was blowing cold air. A quick call to the front desk and maintenance was there in less than 5 minutes. And though it took a bit of tweaking and replacing a few parts, he got it working before 1230am. Both were greatly appreciated and probably above and beyond what the usual is.

So would I recommend this place?  If everything else like affordability and timing are in line with your travel plans and the wifi, bed size, and hallway length is not a big deal-I would say it's ok. But I doubt I'll be back here again.

Room Tip: Get a room near the elevators to prevent having to walk so far.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple