“BlueGreen's Vegas chip, decent for families”
Review of Bluegreen Club 36

Bluegreen Club 36
Ranked #110 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe unit. Plenty roomy, good furnishings and easy for handling kids. Very friendly staff unless you talk to "Customer relations". They're real friendly too until you tell them you're not interested in buying or upgrading in their time share program. After that, they wouldn't give you directions to the restroom. Discount tickets to shows they had just talked about, magically disappeared. But again, the main staff, including front desk, luggage, cleaning we're all extremely cordial and helpful. We liked the place because we had our grandchildren and didn't have to deal with the casino atmosphere. Yet we were so close to everything. The pizza place in the strip mall abutting the hotel is excellent. Parking could be better since there is only one entrance. Nice place to stay without all the glitz, just clean and affordable. Will go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rob K

Reviewed November 30, 2012

So after having such a lovely stay at Bluegreen Club 36 I decided to come back- this time for 9 nights. It was still very nice- if you want a break from the casinos and craziness of LV this is the place to come. And I take back what I said previously about the walk from the car park- compared with the maze that you have to walk through if you are staying in a casino hotel it is nothing.

So why only 4 stars this time, well- I was less impressed on a few things- most of which really aren't the hotel's fault but never-the-less did kinda spoil things a bit. The first was the noise from the people in the room next to me- I guess the walls are pretty thin and particularly where the connecting door was it was very noticeable. I don't know if the people were particularly loud or the rooms are just not very sound proofed- but they had small kids and woke up v early (before 5am) and would do things like have the TV on and what sounded like run the washing machine. Don't particularly like getting woken up so early on holiday!

Also my key cards stopped working on my 7th day there- was easily remedied and the girl on the reception desk was very nice about it but I was tired and really could have done without having to traipse back down from the far flung end of the 6th floor to get it sorted out.

One night, around 10pm, there was a knock on my door- opened to find two security guards- one holding a bundle of towels- 'here's your towels' he said in a gruff voice, I said 'I didn't ask for any towels' (which I hadn't), he then looked at me with pure contempt- really not a nice look at all, the other guy said 'sorry, must have got the room wrong' but guy #1 just sneered again and walked off....

The last thing- I don't really like having people in and out of my room so prefer not to have housekeeping in, and leave the 'Do not disturb' sign out to prevent this. However one day I was running short of loo paper- there is a card in the room that says the housekeeper cannot speak fluent English (?!) but to circle the picture of what you need and leave it out for them, so I circle the toilet paper pic and leave out a couple of dollars and went out. Came back to find room had been nicely tidied but card still there and no loo paper! (tip had gone though). So ended up popping to the local Vons and buying some, was just easier!

All in all it's a lovely hotel, and I would recommend it and would most likely stay here again but I was just not as blown away as I had been back in June- maybe my expectations were too high?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AmandaClaireBrown
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Got suckered into a "cheap 2 day stay plus free cruise". Catch is you have to sit through a "2-hour" timeshare presentation.

The location is way too far off the strip and the only free shuttle runs once an hour which means if you missed it, it'll cost you $15 bucks to cab it to the strip.

Then there's the presentation, what was suppose to take 2-hours ended up over three. We missed lunch at the wicked spoon because it took so long!

They tell you that there is no pressure to purchase. I must have misunderstood, what they actually meant was that they will pressure you if you if you say no!

The room itself was just a standard suite, like you would find at a homewood. The view from the room was of an ugly vacant lot and a partial view of the strip. Bed was adequate but not great. The second night there was a rotten smell in the lobby like a dumpster!

Do yourself a favor, find some place on the strip. We stayed the 3rd night at the Monte Carlo for only $65 and we were upgraded to a room on the 31st floor with an amazing view and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Doomius
A TripAdvisor Member
Las Vegas
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The room was very clean and we could find everything we needed. The service was very good, I asked for a blanket and I got it quickly.
Just one thing that I didn't understand : why the light of the range hood turn on by itself during the night ?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We just returned from our 4th stay at this property & wanted to share our experiences. We are Bluegreen owners who visit Las Vegas yearly & truly enjoy staying here. On this trip we spent our first 2 nights at a hotel on the Strip because we were meeting up with friends. My husband & I both commented how relaxing it was to move to the Club 36 away from the crowds. The units are clean & comfortable;it was great to have the additional room the 1 bedroom deluxe provided after being cramped in a hotel room. All the staff members we have ever encountered on any of our stays have been helpful & personable. I have read reviews regarding the airport proximity & noise of the planes, but that has never been an issue for us. The pool is glass enclosed and quite large. I could see where in hot weather it would be steamy but we generally visit in the fall when it is more comfortable weather-wise. We enjoy walking to the Strip ( 15-20 minute easy walk right down Tropicana) but we also use their hourly free shuttle at times and then will taxi back at night. There is a very convenient, well-stocked small grocery store right on site, as well as a pizza place, Subway, great burger joint & Einstein bagel shop (with really pleasant employees).

Room Tip: If you have a unit facing the Strip it is really pretty to look at all lit up at night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pmscafegirl
Reviewed November 5, 2012

4 adults shared one of the 1 bed lockoffs. There was plenty of room for our stuff with the closets in the hall. It has a washer & drier, kitchenette (stove top but no oven) and large bathroom. It worked fine for us. We ate a few meals in and were able to prepare what we wanted to. It would be fine with kids as well. The service was wonderful, 24 hour front desk, helpful staff. We had our own car. It is not walking distance to things so I recommend a rental car if you stay here. We didn't ever hear planes in our unit, and I was worried about it. Lots of amenities on site (bagels, pizza, sandwiches, liquor store). A big Vons 1 mile east on the same street so you can easily stock your fridge. Nice decor. Smoke free!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ShaninAndBill
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a time share that also rents as hotel stays. I was in Vegas for a sales conference for a week and that is a long time to be in a hotel room so we chose this little place off the strip. It has no casino attached to it so you can park and get right in to the hotel and to your room without a parking structure and casinos, etc.
The rooms are clean and fully equipped with fridge, convection ovens, glassware, silverware, washer/dryer, ironing board which makes for a much better long term stay. There is a little market on the property, a couple of eating places that are efficient.
They do offer a shuttle to and from the strip which works out very nice. They stop at 3 or 4 places and they are centrally located to everywhere you might want to be.
If you are going for a party, this is not your place, but if you want some peace and quiet and place to put your feet up after a long day, definitely give them a call.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business