“Nice quiet place”

Ranked #109 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Buena Park, California
“Nice quiet place”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

4 adults shared one of the 1 bed lockoffs. There was plenty of room for our stuff with the closets in the hall. It has a washer & drier, kitchenette (stove top but no oven) and large bathroom. It worked fine for us. We ate a few meals in and were able to prepare what we wanted to. It would be fine with kids as well. The service was wonderful, 24 hour front desk, helpful staff. We had our own car. It is not walking distance to things so I recommend a rental car if you stay here. We didn't ever hear planes in our unit, and I was worried about it. Lots of amenities on site (bagels, pizza, sandwiches, liquor store). A big Vons 1 mile east on the same street so you can easily stock your fridge. Nice decor. Smoke free!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ShaninAndBill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a time share that also rents as hotel stays. I was in Vegas for a sales conference for a week and that is a long time to be in a hotel room so we chose this little place off the strip. It has no casino attached to it so you can park and get right in to the hotel and to your room without a parking structure and casinos, etc.
The rooms are clean and fully equipped with fridge, convection ovens, glassware, silverware, washer/dryer, ironing board which makes for a much better long term stay. There is a little market on the property, a couple of eating places that are efficient.
They do offer a shuttle to and from the strip which works out very nice. They stop at 3 or 4 places and they are centrally located to everywhere you might want to be.
If you are going for a party, this is not your place, but if you want some peace and quiet and place to put your feet up after a long day, definitely give them a call.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dinkeedrawers
Cedar City, Utah
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went along with another couple that had to do the tour to get the weekend for $149. With regard to that price it was great. This place to me eam just a room. We didn't spend much time there. It was convenient the strip and airport.

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Honestly I booked this vacation only by default of what was available in RCI for the week i wanted to go. They had a 2bd (1/1 lockout) and we were traveling with friends, so i said why not...then i read the reviews. I was very concerned to say the least. Here is my take:

The Good-
It is very close to the airport so the cab ride was less than $10. My friends checked in before me and had no hassle. I did make 2 requests (about 3 times) to be on the side facing the strip and to be on the highest floor possible. I did get a room facing the strip, but was only on floor 3. 50% isn't too bad.
Upon pulling in I was happily surprised to see a liquor store, pizza place (Vegas Best Pizza-delish! 2 slices & can soda lunch special $5) subway (super slow) a burger joint (called The Grind-ate there 3x; 1/2 price apps & draft beer Mon-Fri 4-7p. Also the burgers are $10 but in Vegas, that is actually pretty standard, and they are GREAT!) Einsteins Bagel (breakfast wraps are yummy, and best blueberry muffins ever!)
I finished check in and went to the room. NICE! The larger 1bd side had a walk-in, dual shower head tub which we enjoyed. Both sides were lovely. Now-to be fair to the other writers there isn't a lot of "extra" room for luggage, but it wasn't a biggie to us, we put it where it fit and called it a day.
The staff-GREAT! Every time I asked for something they were more than accommodating. Never charged extra for anything, which usually resorts do. It makes me so upset to go somewhere after paying a maintenance fee and exchange fee and they want $$ for towel change out or soap. None of that going on here. The bellhops are great about calling a cab, and giving "street info" as I call it.
Do you hear the planes? Sure, but not like others were saying. I heard them generally when i first woke up, which was around 10/11, but after getting the TV going or talking I would not hear another. In fact, some nights we didn't make it back until the 3-5am hours and we never heard them. I have a very low tolerance for noise when trying to sleep and even the nights we stayed in I never had an issue with this.
Over all-I loved my home away from home

The BAD-
You must have a vehicle or plenty of cab $. The shuttle stinks and is not worth the wait. It drops off 3 locations (which I thought made no sense) runs every hour-ish..., and stops at 10:30, which is even before the late night shows end. ??? We started using a cab by the 2nd day. Have it take you to the MGM (6/8$) or New York (9/11$) that is the cheapest place to drop off. We like that end of the strip the best anyway. Now don't get me wrong, you CAN walk to MGM it is 1 mile, but to be honest our theory was it would be 1 more mile than we wanted to go. I do wish I had know this because it put a kink in our spending budget because the cab took quite a bit. We are go out and sight see then come back, get "dressed" & go have dinner & party, so we were taking 3/ 4 cabs a day depending if we took the first shuttle out. You do the math.
Guest Services was a joke in my opinion. I got more info from the bellhops and front desk than at their counter. I understand the point of signing up for a preview, but they built NO rapport. When I asked simple questions (ex: Q:good mexican restaurant not on the strip A: there are lots of choices on the strip. ?? okay) Of course we said No, and after that any question was answered with "so&so can help you)

In a nut shell: Would I stay here again? YOU BET, but only with a vehicle!
(or change in their shuttle service)

Room Tip: RCI users: call about 3/4 days prior -everyday with any requests. Floor 4 has the pool which can cre...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank AHinMO
Ogden, Utah, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at Club 36 after paying a discounted rate for sitting through their vacation company presentation. The 1 bedroom suite was smaller than expected, but still very nice. Tv's in the bedroom and living room. A nice small kitchen area with fridge. The bed was very comfortable. Our room faced the airport, sot the view was not great, but I was surprised that the sound of the planes did not bother us at all. It was really wonderful to get away from the strip at the end of the day. No smoking in the rooms and no casino.

The pool is indoors, but there is an outdoor deck that was really nice. There is no food available at the resort, but along the same parking lot there are a few places to eat. The burger place is very good, but pricey.

They do have a shuttle with three stops on the strip, but they do not guarantee that they will pick you up and bring you back. When we questioned this with the concierge, she didn't seem to really care that we could get stranded on the strip and said we could take a taxi back. Despite how it might be described, this place is not close to the strip, at least not really within walking distance.

So great room, very quiet, but other things were lacking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelmarian
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We travelled to Las Vegas for a week and stayed at the Bluegreen Club 36 in a one-bedroom deluxe suite. From the friendly welcome at the reception desk to any dealings with housekeeping, bell desk and concierge services, you couldn't have met more helpful and pleasant people. We opted for no housekeeping services but had our linen and towels replaced on a regular basis, as well as coffee packets for the coffeemaker in the room. Excellent pool and sundeck facilities were extensively utilized during the week as the weather was warm and sunny the entire time. The free shuttle to the Fashiion Show Mall and the Monte Carlo made shopping and gambling expeditions quite simple. A hidden gem at the resort is the The Grill which serves up excellent burgers and sweet potatoe fries and has a happy hour from 4-7 Monday to Friday. Definitely a great stay despite the fact that you can get close up and friendly with departing and arriving traffic at McCarran - rooms are well soundproofed and overnight traffic was slim or nil. Will definitely return to this resort.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have great view of The Strip.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Meatsea
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The nightmare weekend in Las Vegas : Started in a venture into the Bass Pro Shop. I was told for $199.00 we would get a 3 day 2 night luxurious weekend in Las Vegas. Two fifty dollar gift certificates. Cruise for 4 nights on carnival. We where showed a beautiful suite with a sunken tub in Las Vegas. Really nice inside cabin on the cruise ship and was told an easy 90 minute no pressure tour. In return we got a horrible one bedroom motel 6 room. Full size bed with a mattress that sunk into the floor. Worst bathroom and towels to match. Dirty sheets for pull out sofa. Not even a HD TV in the bedroom.Our room was on the RunWay for Vegas Airport. I was told it was a tour /room. Then the 90 minute presentation turned into a 3 hour upsell used car buying experience. Over run comedian that made homosexually / Racial motivated slurs and jokes on the expensive of his diver sided audience. Put noise poppers in your face and screamed Wake up if you weren't laughing at his jokes. Then when I called Carnival to book my cruise I was told I can book bunk beds in a category that Carnival doesn't even sell after I spend $300 for tax's. I checked out went to the Mandalay Bay and spent $200.00 bucks for a real room/ real bathtub. Never again will I walk into Bass Pro Shop.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family