“Great service. Fair food.”
Review of Sushisamba

Sushisamba
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushisamba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 4,935 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Only at SUSHISAMBA will you find a unique blend of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian cuisine, music and design. Hearty moquecas and colorful seviches are served alongside more inventive dishes, including Tuna Tataki and Wagyu Gyoza. Complementing the menu are signature cocktails made with exotic spirits such as shochu and cachaca and an acclaimed sake list, as well as wine, beer and champagne. Equal parts imagination and history, the SUSHISAMBA experience is truly unique.
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I ordered several of the ceviche plates, seared Kobe beef, and a cup of miso soup. Service was very good and my dishes arrived quickly. I had ordered yellowtail as one of my four ceviche plates, but received tuna instead. I was perfectly content with the tuna, so stayed with that. The soup was uninteresting. It contained several chunks of tofu and a sprinkling of fresh parsley, but otherwise could have been mixed from a packet. Each of the ceviche dishes and the Kobe beef was marred by an overly spicy mixture of sauces. What might have been otherwise interesting was therefore left as a question as to whether I'd run out of water before the server noted by quickly emptying glass. It's unlikely that I'd return.

There are newer reviews for Sushisamba

Reviewed November 7, 2011

My title says it all. I add that the service was fast and friendly, our hostess/waitress very nice and attentive. The food was good, but not as excellent as it should have been at that price. Portions tended to be on the smaller side as compared to other sushi restaurants I have patroned.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I love Sushi but wasn't thrilled with this restaurant. The food was just ok - and overall, for Sushi - extremely overpriced. Lunch for 2 - few simple rolls $100.(before tip)

Reviewed November 5, 2011

I went here with a co-worker for an early dinner (6:30-ish). We had no reservations, but were welcomed and seated right away. The decor is quite different...not sure how to describe it. Very eclectic, maybe. My co-worker wanted sushi and quickly settled on the chef's choice. I don't eat sushi, but spotted a New York Strip that sounded good enough. The waiter encouraged me to be more adventurous by mixing and matching some of the kebobs with meat, chicken, fish, etc. I migrated back to the strip.
Our edamame appetizer showed up right away and was delicious. We had cocktails, capairinhas, which we thought would probably not be as good as those we had enjoyed in Brazil. They did not dissapppoint. I can't speak personally about the sushi, but based on how often my co-worker said "ow, wow!", it must have been really good. She confirmed during and after dinner that it was awesome. The steak was one of the best I have ever had. It came on a large plate and was sliced thinly so you can eat it with chopsticks if you choose. There were three dipping sauces with it and a side of rice, collard greens, and black beans. They were all very good. The steak was prepared true Brazilian style with simple salt and pepper seasoning. I used some of the sauces, and they were very good, but I went back to enjoying the steak with its pure, simple seasonings. The only dissapointment came when we ordered after-dinner coffees. They were very weak and not very hot. I would definitely go back for dinner, but would pass on the coffee.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Nice tasting menu with lot's of variations. Bit over crowded place and quite noisy for business dinner purposes. Good service and reasonable prices.