“Could Not have been any better :)”

Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Michigan
“Could Not have been any better :)”
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We booked our trip through Expedia. We got a great price, we could not believe we could stay at the Encore.
I read many reviews about the Encore- a lot were good but some were bad. The bad ones are the ones you really remember. I went there prepared. I printed some of the bad reviews-ready to show the manager if I had any problems—showing other people had the same trouble.
I never needed them. Everything was perfect. We arrived about 15 minutes early....and from some reviews I figured we would be told that the room was not ready...but if we wanted to upgrade for an extra cost....but that did not happen.

At the front desk our representative's name was Donna. She was wonderful. Kind, polite, and helpful. She told us she would read to us all the rooms available and we could pick which one we wanted. We picked a room on the 60th floor facing the mountains and downtown (from reviews I was afraid to choose the strip because of the construction below)
Our room was very, very clean-and a maid came in every day. The room was beautiful. We were there for our anniversary and someone came up when we were gone and left a note (from Donna-who checked us in) and a plate of gourmet chocolates. The note wished us a Happy Anniversary and hoped we enjoyed our stay at the Encore. How nice, no other hotel has ever done that.

This room was the most soundproof room that we have ever had in Las Vegas. We could not hear our neighbors at all. However, even being on the 60th floor, you could still hear the traffic a little bit-very little-not enough to matter at all. Sound must travel up because we could hear traffic at every hotel we have been in.

We would go back to the Encore in a second. Loved the trip-Loved the hotel. Everyone we came in contact with was very nice and personable to us. I wish everyone could have the great experience we did.

1 Thank Isitwarmyet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,848)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Esch
Reviewed March 23, 2010

It was amazing,never saw something like that even a Ferrari garage near the casino.
If you go to Vegas don't miss that Hotel!!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We have been to Vegas numerous times, and stayed at many hotels on the strip. We have stayed at the Venetian and The Palazzo which in my opinion are MUCH better, as are The Paris and New York New York for the price they charge.

I expect all 5* hotels to offer turn down as standard, but this is not the case - you have to request it - which we knew from this website so did it when we checked in.....however it was only done on one night and this was only after I complained again!!!! At the Palazzo and and The Venetian its standard - it's not at The Paris and New York New York, but then these hotels don't claim to be 5*!!!! When I mentioned this on check out, they said it was a shame we hadn't charged things to our room, as they would have credited us $50 - easy to say though wonder if they would have if we'd had an outstanding balance?!

The rooms are lovely - the mini bar food snacks did have a thin layer of dust on them, but guessing the cleaners don't want charges to happen when they clean. Aside from that the beds are comfortable, bathrooms large with a TV and a nice seating area by the window. On our first night we did awake to hear the club - mainly the base from the music (after discussing this on check out if you are looking out over the pool area you will hear it even if you are high), but as the hotel was full all they could offer were ear plugs, and said we could move the next day - we did and were then by an elevator but we never heard this - t I thought if they had been big on customer service we would have been upgraded - but that isn't what this hotel prides itself on I suppose.....we in fact had a worse view after our view but at least slept soundly.

We saw "Le Reve" which was very good but not as good as "O" although the theatre is better (fyi this show is never sold at discount booths on the strip), we also saw Peep Show as I love "Girls from the Playboy Mansion" but it was pretty poor to be honest and Holly is beyond wooden, we also saw Chris Angel - who is no David Copperfield - I thought his show was in fact airing on really bad compared to David Copperfield. However we did get 241 on this so couldn't really complain.

Location wise you are at the end of the nicest part of the strip, but we had a car so this wasn't a problem, and to get to The Wynn you don't have to walk outside. It's also opposite Fashion Show Mall which is a good thing.

Restaurant wise think they could consider vegetarians more - although The Wynn Buffet does cater for vegetarians very well.

The casino seemed always rather quiet, and it was too cold to use the pool when we were there but it did look nice.

The butterfly theme is lovely but I felt it could have been carried through to the rooms. Also I am big on finishing touches and the mixture of chrome and gold in the bedrooms felt a little off to me - have one or the other - both doesn't work.

I wouldn't stay here again - it's a nice hotel but not special enough to stay at again - The Venetian still has my heart!

1 Thank Shoesy80
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Last December my boyfriend and I went to Vegas for the first time. After doing our research, we decided to stay at Encore at the Wynn. Let me just add that we are very picky and choosy with hotels. Always takes us forever to decide on one. This time we definitely made the right decision!!! While in Vegas we went to almost all the hotels in Vegas to check them out for our future trip there and we can honestly say that we stayed at the best. Will definitely go back and stay at the Encore at the Wynn. As a matter a fact it will be the only hotel we stay in Vegas!!! We were told that one of restaurant at the hotel has the best buffet in town, unfortunately we didn't get to try cos its always full and packed. If you want to go there, make sure you plan ahead and get there way before/after the lunch or dinner rush hours.

All in all - 2 thumbs up and additional 2 toes up!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Warwickshire England
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We recently stayed at the Encore at the Wynn at the recommendation of our travel consultant. We had two bags of new purchases go missing from our room. When this was reported to the hotel, they stated that they have a policy which does not cover hotel guests property in their room during or after their stay. We have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world and this has to be the worst customer service we have ever experianced.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank picasso6319
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Really enjoyed our time here. More sophisticated than some of the other properties down the Strip, and the clientèle reflects this. Very upscale attitude. The rooms are great, and we upgraded our room for $20 a night to a higher floor with a spectacular north facing view. Check out was difficult, as there were some problems with billing. A discussion with the manager was very short and terse, and a promise to call me later in the afternoon with resolution has still gone unresolved, 48 hours later. I wouldn't let the check out experience ruin the entire thing though... a great place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ttaylo3
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We stayed at the Encore for five nights, The room was great, the service including housekeeping was notihng but the best. Our room was on the 25th floor right near the elevator and we never so much as heard the elevators. The Encore is at the edge of the strip and actually that was a positive.

As always in when staying at a Las Vegas Hotel you pay more than you should for food - take out coffee etc. but that is no different than any other hotel in Las Vegas. The buffett at the ajoining Wynn was over $30 but one of the better ones I have been to.

It was great to stay there, I have stayed at the Venetian previously and the Encore room was my favourite. I have to be honest and say I hate the red decor in the main areas of the Hotel.