Vdara Hotel & Spa(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$137
$119
Vdara.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
$170
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

$134
$119
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$131
$69
Mirage.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
$180
$199
Aria.com
$189
Bellagio.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$67
$59
Paris Las Vegas
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$371
$359
SignatureMGMGrand
  • Restaurant
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$479
MandalayBay.com
14,816 results
All reviewseuropean poolle revered cardpanoramic suitesw steakhousefloor to ceiling windowsbeautiful hotelother hotelslobby barfashion show mallhigher floorthe north endsitting areafavorite hotelstrip viewresort feeper day
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Took my husband here for a birthday get away and had a wonderful time! The room is kind of small but beatiful. We arrived at 11:30am and was allowed to check in without difficulty. The front desk clerk was very nice and gave us no problems about checking in early. She even gave us a room on the 51st floor with a view of the strip, golf course, and mountains! Simply beatiful! Loved the remote control everything (lights, blinds, alarm, etc) next to the bed. Speaking of the bed - one word comfortable - best bed I've ever slept in! Bathroom is beautiful - love the glassed enclosed shower over looking the tub (disappointed tub wasn't jacuzzi, but still nice).

No problems with services our blind was stuck once but an engineer was up to fix it in less than 5 minutes. The TV is a little difficult to work and takes awhile to come on but you get use to it after while. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Checkout lines are long and kinda of chaotic with no-one directing traffic. Check out is at 12 (wonderful) and they allow you access to the your room until 1:00 which is great!

Not a lot of action in the casino area during my 3 day stay very quiet. Hotel is very expensive and caters to the upper class. My husband and I had lunch at Societys $75! No casual dining places for reasonable cost! We went to other places to eat that was more affordable.

The hotel, although beatiful, is far from the main attractions. Is literally on the end of the strip! Matter of fact, it's the last main hotel on the strip before venturing into old Vegas! That being said bring walking shoes! All in all we had a wonderful experience at the Wynn and would recommend to anyone. Very clean, quiet, decor is beatiful and nice people!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MrsMilwaukee
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights and thorouglly enjoyed our experience both at the Casino, the amazing shows and above all the fab hotel services

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank anantGoa_India
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Ideally, I'd like to give Encore a 4.5. It's definitely not a complete 5-star experience. I'll lead off with why it's not, and then get on to the positive stuff.

SERVICE: While professional and courteous, it's not on par with a Four Seasons or similar hotels that emphasize the ultimate in customer satisfaction. My dad and I went out to the pool area on an overcast day, with maybe a third of the chairs in use and all the cabanas empty. Wanting to cool off for a couple minutes, we walked into the pool and took a seat on these big round seating things they have in the water. Within two minutes, a lifeguard came over and said, "I'm sorry, these are for cabana guests only." There were six of these huge seating things in the pool, each one capable of seating 8-10, and not a single person was on them. There weren't even any cabana guests to use them. And you're seriously going to kick us off them?! That's just poor service and bad business. After getting asked to get off, two other ladies in the pool said, "Yeah, isn't that terrible? We were sitting there this morning and they kicked us off, as well." Moments like that leave a bad taste in guests' mouths, and they pass on such stories to others, quickly leading to bad word-of-mouth.

POOL: The pool area is pretty small. The adult pool, with a bar and gaming, is very nice, but the regular pool is pretty boring. I'm a sun-worshipper, but for those who like some shade, there is NONE at the main Encore pool. Poolside dining is another disappointment. The prices seem very reasonable, even cheap for such a nice hotel, until you realize the food is pre-packaged from the Lobby Bar & Cafe. With food like that, you're better off grabbing a Subway $5 footlong and taking it out to the pool. Overall, I prefer the Wynn pools to Encore.

LOCATION: Encore is pretty isolated at the far-north end of the Strip (yes, there's some stuff further north, but The Sahara and Circus Circus are not places most high-end hotel guests will frequent). If you have a car or are willing to cab it, you're fine, while getting around by foot is doable but not easy (Encore connects to Wynn, then you can take the bridge to Palazzo, which connects to Venetian, and from there you can cross the street to TI, which connects to Mirage, in the middle of the strip).

Now for the positive news.

HOTEL/CASINO: The design is spectacular, like the Wynn. However, avoid Encore at all costs if you don't like the color red. Whereas Wynn is decked out in neutral brown, Encore is totally and completely red, red, red. It's far too much of a non-neutral color, IMO, but I can let that go when the details and intricacies of the design are so stunning. From the crystal peacock tails to the Daphne statue in the Lobby Bar, you can tell how much thought went into every single design detail. The casino is small and intimate, but beautiful, with natural light all around.

SUITES: Pretty close to perfect. The huge rooms are modern and sophisticated, in neutrals like black, beige, and white. Everything is top-of-the-line, from the big things like the beds (the best you'll find on the Strip) to the small things like the Kohler faucets. While these are bigger than the rooms at Wynn, they kind of feel smaller, because of the partial wall in between, but I like them better. The bathrooms are huge and gorgeous, too. I think I have to give the Encore rooms the edge over Palazzo, making these the best rooms on the Strip, IMO. As for the noise problem from XS, I purposely chose to stay at Encore on nights when the nightclub was closed, so I can't comment about that noise. However, the rooms were very quiet, and I heard no noise from outside the hotel or from the hallways/other rooms.

*** TIP ***: For stunning views of the Strip, request the south side of the hotel, with rooms on the west side of the hall (we had rooms 18 and 20, which were perfect).

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank life_is_my_vacation
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Wanted to stay somewhere where the gambling wasn't the big deal, as that tends to get crowded, roudy and a bit overwhelming. The Encore fit us perfectly. Our room was fantastic, on the 62nd floor (out of 63), and was tastefully furnished. The bed and bedding lived up to the reputaion.

Stayed in for 2 nights to watch the NBA playoffs as our team was playing, so ordered room service on both occations. The response time was extremely quick, which I don't usually find. The servers were the best and gave you a total 5 star dining experience.

Everybody on the staff that we encountered were extremely pleasant and friendly.

I will agree with many that the check-in process was outlandishly long. Took us about 50 minutes to even get to someone. And though I've run across this before, when the front desk person said "let's see if we have anything for you" I wanted to scream. I'm glad that was my first impression as opposed to the final impression.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DorisDuke
Reviewed June 2, 2009

The rooms in Wynn's Encore are better than the rooms in the Wynn Resort, mainly because they are all suites. Until this trip, I thought the regular rooms in the Wynn were the nicest in Vegas. While the rooms are expensive, there are lots of great deals available. We received an upgrade from the Wynn to the Encore at no additional cost. I have found that the employees at Wynn properties make you feel like you are a welcomed guest and not just a another warm body. The casinos, and lobbies are the most beautiful in Vegas and you almost feel like you are in a much smaller botique hotel in the Ozarks. This is not an easy task in resorts that house thousands of customers. Steve Wynn may not be the most popular person in Las Vegas, but he knows how to the best resorts time after time.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple