17,183 results
All reviews society cafe european pool le reve red card panoramic suite sw steakhouse beautiful hotel floor to ceiling windows other hotels fashion show mall higher floor sitting area favorite hotel strip view resort fee per day casino floor
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I stayed at Encore last month for a "girls weekend" and have next to nothing good to say. I had an offer through Amex Platinum travel so it was a great deal (the room was free and we also had breakfast for 2 days and one lunch comped). The check in area is completely disorganized with people just milling around trying to figure out who is next. The desk agent claimed the hotel was sold out and refused to give us a room with 2 beds, and then we had to wait several hours to get a room when we checked in (which has never happened any other time I have ever stayed in Vegas). They are clearly working with a skeleton work staff (baggage took almost an hour to be delivered, did not get maid service at all one day with no explanation when I called) and yet the casino floor, lobby, valet area, etc. were practically empty the entire time we were there. It does not seem remotely possible that the hotel could have been fully occupied based upon the complete lack of people we saw during our entire stay. Also I was SHOCKED to find out it is their policy that drinks are not comped when gambling at any of the bars in the casino (which is contrary to every single casino in the entire city). It was nearly impossible to get a cocktail waitress on the casino floor. The Encore pool is very party oriented, they have an entire "European bathing" area and there is a DJ playing music that is SO loud you can barely hear yourself think, and the chairs are practically on top of each other. Not relaxing at all. The rooms at Encore are very nice with a separate living room area, but otherwise there is nothing special. Following my visit, I sent a long, detailed letter to guest services with information about the many problems I had encountered and in response (two weeks later) I simply received an email thanking me for the information and stating "sorry to learn that your visit was less than what would be expected of a Wynn property." They clearly have no interest in guest services or appreciation. I would definitely recommend staying at Bellagio over either of the Wynn properties. You may also note that Encore is currently advertising nonstop on the internet for very cheap room rates that include "resort credit" and you will find that leads to ridiculous lines and wait times for all the restaurants, since you have to use the "credit" at the property.

Date of stay: April 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
10  Thank moteyLosAngeles
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I stayed at the Encore from for four days last week and I must admit I was extremely disappointed. I choose the Encore because I had a great time at the Wynn last year. I assumed that the Encore would live up to its brother hotel, if not be better, and trust me it is not.
My party consisted of 6 adults and 3 rooms total. The problems started right away. I requested a two bedroom room over four months ago when I booked the vacation, only to come to the surprise that there were not only no 2 bedrooms available, but there were not going to be for my whole stay. If I booked this trip a few weeks ago I would understand, however, I feel over four months in advance I should be guaranteed what I wanted. The man at the front desk explained that saying what kind of room you wanted was just a request and was not guaranteed.
Once I got into my room there was no hot water, you would think this would be a temporary problem but it lasted the entire length of my stay (4 days!) and that was in all 3 rooms we rented. Management could care less that a whole floor was not getting hot water for an entire week. They were well aware of the problem, from my understanding a pipe broke on the floor I was on. The icing on the cake was in no way did management even attempt to compensate for this extremely unpleasant surprise with the water.
Onto dinner. I ate at a few of the restaurants during my stay, every time I had to wait over 45 minutes later than my reservation time. Once again, all we received from this was apologies. In one instance we missed the beginning of Le Reve which we had tickets for that same night because of the consistent tardiness.
Onto the pool. The pool is tiny and cramped compared to the Wynn. For the entire four days we tried to reserve a cabana, and was not able to do so once. In fact, one day the head cabana boy said we weren’t even on the list to get one when I spoke to that cabana boy just the day before and saw him put my name down! I understand I am not Trump or Rockefella but I thought they would treat any customer a little better especially during a recession!
The service was terrible, the rooms were very nice but not being able to get hot water for the entire stay was terrible. Not receiving the room I requested over four months ago is just foolish. This is supposedly a five star resort I would say it is a 2 tops. The best part about it was did they even compensate me for anything, even offer a dinner on the… only in my dreams.
I play 1 hour on a table at the Venetian I can go stay there compt any week I want to during the year. I play over 20 hours in a week at the Encore I get a buffett compt for one person. Steve Wynn you should really be ashamed on how you are screwing the American Public with this new “5 Star” resort. I will never go back.

Date of stay: May 2009
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
11  Thank jbpats
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Its a very smart new hotel and a lot less tacky than most of the others we visited. Good restaurants and a great, if very expensive, spa. Only complaint is really about the service - waited 6 minutes to get the concierge to answer the phone and when we ordered a drink from room service it hadn't arrived after half an hour so we rang to cancel the order and they said they had no note if it anyway. We had a room on the north (mountain view) side which was very quiet. I'd stay there again. Le Reve at the Wynn is definitely worth seeing

Reviewed May 19, 2009

We stayed at Encore for two nights on 7th and 8th May 2009 for our wedding anniversary. We got a great deal with Expedia which meant the two nights cost a total of £150. Laura L was very helpful at check in and during a chat we mentioned it was out wedding anniversary. That evening we received a gorgeous chocolate gift and a card from Laura wishing us a happy anniversary which we thought was a very nice gesture. We stayed in a panoramic suite on the 53rd floor facing south (towards Wynn) with a view of the Strip. The suite was amazing, the view fantastic and it was very quiet. We loved everything about Encore and would definately recommend it and stay there again ourselves in the future. We found the staff very nice and helpful. They have a mini bar and other items for sale in the room and if anything is removed from its place for over 60 seconds you are advised you will be charged for it. I removed one item for about 10 seconds and replaced it as soon as I saw this notice. When we came to check out (on the TV in room) we saw that we had been charged for room service for the gift we received and also for the item I had briefly picked up. I called reception and they immediately removed them from our bill. We've stayed at a number of hotels on the Strip in Vegas and are used to the fact that they don't offer in room tea/coffee making facilities for obvious reasons however the coffee shop was near the lifts on the ground floor so it wasn't a problem popping down in the morning and bringing one back to the room plus it was very nice coffee too. We had a great time at Encore and was very sad to leave.

Reviewed May 18, 2009

Whoneedssunscreen and her Hub experienced mild trepidation prior to our weekend visit to Encore after viewing some of the reviews on TA. However, being the sunworshipping Vegas scene fools that we be, and having stayed at Wynn on prior occasions, we could not resist the discount E-mail offering for their sister property.

We loved the decor and atmosphere upon our arrival, although some might find it too garish. Encore seems more intimate than Wynn and the other Strip hotels, excepting Four Seasons. More importantly, we LOVED our room! We asked for the highest room we could get, and found that on the 50th floor on the north side, street noise and XS club noise remained far below. The room was just beautiful with tasteful mirrors and a division between the bedroom and the living area. There was a very cool, large manly flatscreen television which rotated to face either room. The bathroom was large and comfortable and well appointed.

The people at the front desk and within the hotel bars treated us very well, and we had no problems, even when we pointed out that the minibar double-billed us for an eight dollar bag of potato chips. The moment we pointed out that our remote control for the drapes and lights was not working, it was replaced. We were forced to step over a 20-something boy all dressed up and passed out on the hallway floor on our way to the pool at 9:15 a.m. Should you call security? Why get the boy in trouble? He was breathing and looked very happy.

We felt intermittently pampered at the "European" pool, depending on the crowd size, but sincerely felt for the poor souls who arrived after 11:00 a.m. who could not find a lounge chair (let alone two next to each other.) What was truly annoying were the towel game players who left towels and other accoutrements on chairs and then returned two to three hours later. (Towel game people should be fed to crocodiles). The staff worked hard to alleviate this situation. The chairs were actually quite comfortable, although on top of each other. The casino/pool area bar had misters, which also were quite comfortable in the 100 degree heat. The pool temperature was actually cold, which felt great later in the day. One tip. If you lay out on the area with the astroturf, bring sandals as the turf gets incredibly hot and feels like hot coals. The pina coladas were delicious.

The wife and about 5% of the rest of the women went topless and only about 3% including the wife went topless in the pool. This might have been partially caused by the fact that the "main" pool is rather small, and perhaps people who might not have chosen to be there had no other choice. In any event, we did enjoy the pool very much and found it rather relaxing for Las Vegas.

Unfortunately, there was a convention, which meant that almost every restaurant was "committed" until 10:00 p.m. by the time we stumbled up from the pool with pleasant, self-inflicted cases of heatstroke. After many telephone calls, Hub was able to get us into Sinatra's on the patio at 8:30 p.m. We had drinks at the Eastside Lounge beforehand. The wife loved her white cosmopolitan.

The service at Sinatra's was outstanding and the food was quite good, but one can't help thinking often when in Las Vegas that whatever you are doing or consuming is just not worth the price. Sinatra's is indeed overpriced. Heck, the wife and I would not spend the usual price for an Encore room either.

The wife and I wanted to try out XS, but the line filled with 20-something kids whose self-esteem depend upon whether they get in, was way too long even at 1:30 a.m. Seriously, we are talking hundreds of kids wearing short skirts and silly smirks drunk texting through the wee small hours of the morning.

Overall, the experience was a cut above Wynn but be sure to get to the pool and reserve restaurant time early!

1  Thank Whoneedssunscreenhub