“Small but Refreshing”

Ranked #4 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Small but Refreshing”
Reviewed January 30, 2009

We recently stayed at Encore, after booking a penthouse suite at Bellagio, where we usually stay. Encore offered us a great deal. Our room was considerably smaller than the penthouse suite we usually get at Bellagio, plus, we had to get an additional room for our babysitter, which was a duplicate of our "suite". The suite was pretty small... you can see pics that other people posted...same room, basically... but, really, seriously, very comfy. I was a little concerned having our 7 year old with us, we usually get a separate room.. but, the "baby" suite was fine, besides, our son kicks one of us (my husband) out of bed at some point during the night so he can sleep in our bed, and my husband had no problem sleeping on the sofa, which he said was incredibly comfortable.

But, the thing I loved about Encore (Wynn) was the boutique feel. Very nice and cozy. I can't wait to go back. Though, I have to admit, I preferred the larger suite we had last time we were there with the massage room. But, this being the first time we've had a regular sized suite, I still really enjoyed it.

We did head over to Bellagio to take our son and babysitter (his kindergarten teacher's assistant!) to see "O" and were blown away by the crowds. One thing I DO NOT miss at Encore is the heavy crowds and the strollers. WHAT ARE THOSE PARENTS THINKING? dragging their babies/toddlers/young ones around the hotel at the wee hours? ugh! We've always been lucky with sitters in Vegas, but recently lost ours to a full time nanny position, hence the reason we brought along our own. Bellagio is sooooo much bigger and louder and everything else. Though, I'd be eager to go back to my Penthouse Suite, I'd be ever so happy to go back to Encore.

Of course, you can't beat the restaurants at any of the upper scale hotels in the area. The food at Encore was incredible. We usually ordered room service in the AM and the Eggs Benedict had the PERFECT hollandaisse sauce. Being a foodie, and a cook, I truly appreciated it. And my skinny minny son, who LOVES and devours sushi LOVED the asian restaurant.

I can't wait to go back... though, I'd prefer the craps tables to be a little hotter... and my husband would prefer the same with the blackjack tables. I think he's just too excited about heading to St John and staying at Kalorama! We got new videos of it!

• Liked — the rooms were very comfortable, i like the lemon grass soap/shampoo/lotion
  • Disliked — that we have to pay for it
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank reneraven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,823)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2009

What a lovely hotel!! We enjoyed our 2 day stay here at Encore. The moment you walk in, all you see is RED. Red is the dominant colour in the decor. I love it! And Butterflies everywhere! Have you ever seen red chandeliers?

I notice there was a lot of security people in the hotel. There seem to be one security person at every pillar!

The casino is smaller but each section was an interesting mix of 1 cent, 5 cents, 25 cents, dolloar slots. It makes you walk around the whole place to find that perfect machine.

Check in was pretty smooth. Had to wait 20 mins for my room when we checked in just before 3p.m. They took my cellphone no. and called me when the room was ready.

The room - OMG!! I've never seen such a room from the moment you approached the door - there's a doorbell!! Not only that, there are 2 consoles to manage the lights & drapes in the room - one by the door and one on your nightstand. Wonderfully planned out. Sony plasma TV on the wall - lots of channels to choose from. The TV and phone even has your name on it!! The bed is soooooo good! The 2 bedded rooms have queen beds. There is a sitting room - black sectional - a little hard for me. Bathroom was huge - marble everywhere - freebies - shower cap, lovely Bambu lotion, shampoo, conditioner, vanity kit.

The turndown service was amazing. I came into the room later that evening and the TV was on. I thought it was turned off when we left the room earlier. Anyway, walked right in and saw that the 2 beds were turned down, chocolates on the nightstand, 2 pairs of bedroom slippers besides each bed - one pair Men's, the other, Women's - both pairs were on little white cotton rugs!! I kid you not!! Such service!!

There is a desk and 2 chairs for your business needs. Very nice.

I think the room needs more cupboard space or places to put luggage on.

All in all, Bravo, Encore!! I may have to go again for another Encore.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Branson, Mo

My husband and I were celebrating our 13th anniversary,
and we both agreed it was one of the best vacations to
Vegas we've ever had. The beds were very plush and
comfortable, and our suite on the 28th floor had a fantastic
view of the strip. Check-in was a breeze and the young
women who checked us in was very polite and efficient.
The drinks while gambling were very strong and plentiful,
the decor was classy and festive. All the employees were
pleasant and helpful. We especially enjoyed Michelle at the
beach bar by the pool. The jacuzzi is open right now. The
walk over to the Wynn is a snap through the breezeway and
taxi drivers are always available to see the strip. Even
when we forgot our shaver and hairspray, housekeeping
came to the rescue in minutes. Thank you to Steve Wynn,
for a fantastic experience.

• Liked — The suites are very spacious with comfortable bedding!!!
  • Disliked — Restaurants are very expensive!!
4 Thank KellyTravel
Miami
Reviewed January 30, 2009

I have stayed at some very decadent and luxurious hotels. In comparison, the Wynn Encore ended up being just an "OK" experience. YES, the hotel was new and beautiful (although the original Wynn is nicer) but the front desk had MUCH to be desired. It was a disorganized mess... none of our special requests were taken care of although we called way in advance (our party was scattered all over the hotel - no rooms together... they couldn't even do something as simple as a late check out for us!) The last straw was when we checked in at 11 p.m. (after a VERY long flight) and one group in our party was given the most disgustingly messy room that I have ever seen. Newness and luxury don't mean squat to me at midnight when I want to sleep and it looks like someone threw a bomb in my room. I went downstairs and complained. The aloof "front desk manager" said she would take care of it. Mind you, this is a $300+ a night room. After much insistence due to our inconvenience she offers me a $50 dining credit. $50???!! At the Wynn Encore??! So I can buy what, a cup of coffee and some toast? And mind you, she didn't even offer... I had to prod her. The situation is not about the money... if I was looking for "value", I wouldn't be at the Wynn Encore. It was about receiving superior service, which we did not. We flat out refused the dining credit... we told her she could keep it. We went out to dinner and when we got back (SEVERAL hours later) the bed had been made, but the bathroom was still disgusting with used soaps, etc. Well, the front desk was called and after going ballistic, the party was given a new room and a $200 dining credit. The credit was nice... but this SHOULD NOT be happening at a hotel of this caliber!!! We should not be roving through a hotel like gypsies at 1 a.m. because we have to repack and move because the front desk and housekeeping seem to be functioning on two different planets. On the plus side, the employees of the hotel were wonderful... very nice and helpful. The service and attitude of the servers in the restaurants were wonderful. But that front desk NEEDS to get it together... it's a fiasco! All in all, we had a nice time because we are able to roll with the punches, but I can say that a very special birthday celebration was ruined due to the lack of customer service and care that we received from the front desk. They acted like they just didn't care... and the way that we were treated by them brought the point home. Mr. Wynn should spend less money of fabulous draperies and golden tassles and invest more in customer service training for his front line staff. Don't know about the rest of my party (it was six people in separate rooms) but as far as I am concerned, I will NEVER return to the Wynn Encore again!!!! I can spend a few thousand dollars at a much better establishment such as The Venetian and TRULY experience what service at an upscale hotel should be like. Peace out...

• Liked — Rooms were well appointed and decor was elegant
  • Disliked — Snarly and incompetent front desk staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
9 Thank bubbaboytm
Reviewed January 29, 2009

All I can say is Wow!

My wife and I stayed at the Encore 1/22 - 1/25, and loved every minute of it. Check-in took about 10 minutes, we asked for and got a high floor strip view. The room is big and amazingly clean. The bedding, bathroom, everything was perfect.

The casino is beautiful, and they actually had $10 craps tables going most of the time. I played for about 8-10 hours in total, and was up quite a bit of money until I wasn't any more. All-in-all I had one of the best gambling experiences I have ever had in Vegas. Everyone on the Encore staff is helpful, friendly, and seems to enjoy their job. The cocktail waitresses are very attentive and the drinks are s-t-r-o-n-g. My wife played a decent amount of slots, and qualified for the 2 free buffet tickets, hopefully we can use them next time we are there.

What else? Oh, the restaurants are all beautiful and the few we had a meal at were fantastic. Try the Oscar Benedict at the Society Cafe, (crab cakes instead of English muffins). Don't forget to charge everything to your room over your stay. The comp program right now is very generous and you would be surprised what you can get if you ask for it...

We liked everything so much, that we just booked another trip for early May so we can enjoy the pool. The price was great, and we just couldn't say no.

To everyone that is complaining about location, look at a map of Vegas. It takes a long time to walk anywhere, if you don't like it, grab a cab. There is a line of them outside the front door.

Steve, keep it up!! And, do you have an opening for a protégé?

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of...
4 Thank Jonathan P
Houston, TX
Reviewed January 29, 2009

We spent 3 nights at Encore for our anniversary. We had such a wonderful time there and definately will come back again. Service is great every where we go. Staff is well trained and always provided service with a smile. Buffet was excellent, the crab legs and lamb were very good. Again, if Wynn is the best, then Encore is the best of the best.

JTM
Houston, TX

• Liked — The room, decorations in casinos, restaurants
1 Thank JTM6
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 28, 2009

I reluctantly checked out of the Encore Las Vegas at noon today. The hotel is one of the finest I have ever experienced and I frequently stay at 5-star resorts all over the country. The staff is extremely helpful and courteous and greets you by name throughout your stay. The casino and restaurant selections are much smaller at Encore than at the Wynn, but with ease you are connected to all of the Wynn’s restaurants and casino with your RedCard and room key. Staff are positioned throughout the hotel to guide you to the proper area of the hotel for your needs. I also noticed more staff than on previous visits providing direct assistance to visitors at the Wynn.
The rooms are modern and very tasteful with thought put into the amenities, conveniences and décor. I have never stayed at a “hotel” that had a doorbell for every suite. The bedside controls for the drapes and room privacy buttons were very convenient (and fun to play with!). I was apprehensive after reading earlier reviews regarding the thin walls between suites, but other than some late morning maintenance happening on the floor below there was no problem with outside noise. The view of the strip was fantastic, only marred by the Wynn blocking portions of the east side of the mid-strip. It was too cold to utilize the pool, but warm enough to sit poolside to read through the complimentary morning paper that was delivered to the room each morning. Turn-down service was sporadic, happening only two of the three nights, but a thoughtful touch with slippers and chocolates placed bedside by the staff.
I normally play video poker at the Wynn, and continued there this trip due to the small selection of machines at Encore. Unfortunately at both the Wynn and Encore casinos, you are required to pay for drinks at the bar even while gambling on the machines inset into to the bar – something that needs to be reviewed by the staff at both locations. I proceeded to gamble on the casino floor (where your drink only costs the price of a tip) in lieu of paying almost $15 each for my drinks while gambling while sitting at the bars.
Overall, the experience and ambience at Encore is fantastic, and I will definitely return for another stay!

• Liked — Personal service and everything that followed.
  • Disliked — Paying for drinks while gambling at the bars. Leaving the Encore!Ml
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business