“Love”

Columbus, Ohio
“Love”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

August 2013 visit

In the past we have enjoyed splitting our stay in order to experience different hotels. We have stayed at Aria, Bellagio and Encore in the past. Encore spoiled us and for this trip, we did not split our stay.

The service is top notch from check in until check out. The standard room is great and we have never paid for an upgrade. The bed is comfortable, we love the floor to ceiling windows, and the bathroom is large with double sinks, a shower, a huge tub, and a water closet

POOL at Encore
Lovely setting. The chair service was very good (for drinks and lunch!). We didn't encounter as many children at Encore as we did at Bellagio and that is a win for Encore. There is an option to use the Wynn pools if you stay at Encore.

GYM at Encore
The gym has a nice variety of equipment, cold washcloths and bottled water. The only negative for me was that they no longer offer smoothies at the gym "cafe." You can order a smoothie at the Society Cafe upstairs but I really liked just grabbing a smoothie from the gym on the way up to our room on our previous trip. Not a huge deal but thought I would mention.

DINING at Encore
Society Cafe: We enjoyed Society again on this trip. Service was good, coffee plentiful and a wide variety on menu. My husband usually goes for dessert-type breakfast and I had an omelet.
I also picked up smoothies on two days as an after-workout choice and I was happy with both of them.

La Cave: We didn't enjoy our dinner quite as much on our return visit. Could have been choices made on that night or just an off night. Disappointing since we really enjoyed the first visit. May give it another try on a longer trip but not on a short trip since there are so many choices and only so many meals! :)

Botero: Thanks to another reviewer, we realized that on weekends, Botero will deliver lunch to your pool chair! We enjoyed the food very much and made reservations for dinner later in our trip. It did not disappoint! Service was impeccable. We started our dinner on the patio. Unfortunately, a very loud table of young men were seated beside us after our wine was served. With reluctance, we asked to be moved inside and it was not a problem at all. Many apologies were made and the service didn't skip a beat. Beautiful surroundings and delicious food. We started with a wonderful (and huge!) cheese plate. I really enjoyed the short rib and my husband had the scallop feature. We will return!

BUFFET
Both of our trips to Encore have included a buffet in our room rate and we usually try to go at lunch. The selection is quite large with an entire room for dessert! Don't miss the gelato!

Other favorites at Encore:
Eastside Lounge dueling pianos and Parasol Down for a drink.

Can't wait to return to Encore!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cbj401

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,843)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay here. And both times have been amazing.
We paid £100 a night through lowcostusa for a basic suite. We upgraded to a panoramic suite when we arrived and was given complementary daily buffets. With the points we built up on the slots, we had the upgrade costs written-off, making for a very cheap stay.
Everyone at the hotel that we had contact with was extremely helpful and friendly.
This really is an amazing place to stay. Having stayed in a few hotels in Vegas over the years, we don't think this can be beaten.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HppyTrvllr
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The staff here at Encore were magnificent. They made me and my family feel like on top of this world. The hotel and casino were very well decorated and clean. You got to stay there once to experience what we have.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed staying here. Very classy!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hastings, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have just returned from Vegas Friday 14th March to Thursday 20th March staying at Wynn Encore. The trip was with my family, my two sisters and my parents. My mother has poor mobility so we hired a scooter which was delivered to the hotel on the day of our arrival. Check in was not the best experience as Virgin Holidays who we booked with had not booked the correct room configuration so it was not the hotels fault. We required two Panoramic suite's with two double beds in each room. We were told by the reception staff this was not possible and upon requesting to speak to a manager, two rooms were promptly made available with the correct bed configuration.

Our room was on floor 54 with floor to ceiling windows. The room was immaculate and spotlessly clean, beautifully appointed with lovely bedding. The bathroom had two sinks and separate WC bath and shower cubicle. Nice touches like bathroom scales and robes and lovely smelling shower gels and shampoo. The room had fully stocked mini bar and snacks. Everything you would expect from a 5* establishment. We had an ipod docking station in the room as well as 42 inch wall mounted TV with movies, bill checking facilities and a good selection of TV channels. I loved playing with the remote control for the room lights, drapes and sheer's. There was an office desk and chairs as well as seated area and coffee table. Room safe, ironing board and iron and hair dryer. Beds were king size and superbly comfortable. The view over the strip was amazing.

The room only lacked tea and coffee making facilities. I understand room service is available 24 hours but I like to wake up in the morning and make myself a coffee.

Staff in the hotel were warm and friendly and very smartly dressed. Security was very good. Bell desk and concierge were excellent.

You must try out "The Buffet" which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet style. The choice of food is amazing and servers bring you tea, coffee and juices. The Buffet is at The Wynn which is a short walk from the Encore through the shopping mall. All designer brands are available in the mall. We found the best time to go to the buffet for breakfast is 09.00 - 09.30. If you leave it any later than that, the queue is horrendous and you could be waiting for 30 - 45 mins for a table. On Saturday and Sunday brunch is served.

As my mother was using a mobility scooter, it was essential that we could access all area's and the Wynn Encore is totally accessible for disabled visitors. The whole of Vegas is also totally accessible and there was not a single place that we could not go with the scooter. Crossing huge 6 lane roads is easy as there are walkways across the roads with lifts either ends. All lifts were working during our visit.

My only issue with the Wynn Encore and all of my family experienced the same problem, the air conditioning is very dry in the rooms and we found that we all had dried out noses which bled and a few nights I woke up with a completely dry throat. We also all had cracked lips. In the main hotel and Casino area's a feel good smell is blown through the air conditioning systems and this can get a bit sickly after a while.

Drinks and food served are at 5* prices so not the place to go on a budget. Expect to pay $70 for 5 drinks around the pool.

We all had a fantastic time at the Wynn Encore which is a beautiful modern hotel with very high standards. The hotel is spotlessly clean and shiny everywhere. The pool is well kept, clean and has lifeguards on duty.

Well done Encore. Hope to visit you again soon.

Chris Carrington and the Carrington family.

Room Tip: Try a Panoramic Suite...the view over the Las Vegas Boulevard is to die for.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We had stayed at the Encore before and loved it. This time around, not so sure. We upgraded to a panoramic view deluxe suite, in the Resort Tower. Room was lovely but slightly grubby in my view. View was ok, but not amazing, most of the 'view' was blocked by The Wynn and a massive empty building site (Echelon). Not sure what we paid extra for? Staff were friendly and helpful and the public spaces were very clean. I guess my biggest concern was the noise from the Beach Club and XS. We were on the 38th floor and the boom, boom, boom was distinctly heard throughout the night and day! Encore seems to be focussing on the clubbing experience which detracts from the hotel and casino in my opinion. For some this is exactly what they want, but for others including myself and my partner, no thank you. Not sure we'll be staying there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stewart2726
Owings Mills, Maryland
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I enjoyed my stay in Encore. Their service and hospitality were outstanding. The cleanliness and the ambience are excellent. As for me and my family, Wynn/Encore are simply the Best Hotel In Las Vegas. I wouldn't stay any other place but here. Their reputation for the best show in Vegas is Le Reve~ The Dream, which brings people from all works of life to see this great show. I have seen Le Reve twice and I will never get tired of seeing this wonderful show. I will always recommend Wynn/Encore hotel to all my friends and family to stay at least once through out there visit in Las Vegas. They will never regret doing so. I've gotten feedback from friends that I have recommended to stay in Wynn/Encore and they can't stop thanking me for that great recommendation. I love Wynn/Encore resort hotel period.

• Stayed March 2014
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed on the 26th floor of the hotel in a room with a fabulous view and great comfort...bed was super comfortable, and I don't usually rave about the pillows, but these were fantastic! Spacious room, beautiful bathroom with great amenities...including large, separate lighted make up mirror, two sinks, big towels, bath robes and even a package of cotton balls, q-tips, shower cap and nice lemongrass body wash and bath soaps. The staff was super friendly no matter where we went in the Encore...check-in, elevator security guys, wait staff, Red Card promotion staff...top notch training that was practised by everyone we came in contact with. Best experience we've had in Vegas so far...and we have certainly had quite a few.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business