“Encore - 'Applause worthy' from a Vegas Nut!”

Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Hobart
“Encore - 'Applause worthy' from a Vegas Nut!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've always heard great things about this resort & I've seen 1st hand a room a friend stayed in, but having been to Vegas 15+ times & stayed in most of the major resorts, I finally got a Steve Wynn experience....

Like many on the strip, this resort is phenomenal....but Encore has a little class edge on most of them.

I'd rank it in my top 3 on par with Cosmopolitan & Aria in the 'opulence' category.

Customer service at check-in was great & the staff throughout we're very accommodating, friendly, professional & polite.

The venue is huge and requires some solid navigating ability to work through Encore & Wynn to get out on the strip, but that's no different anywhere else.

The pool areas are beautiful, with nice house/progressive tunes being played around them especially the European pool. I wish I could have spent more time around them, but there was too much to do.

The gym was sensational, with plenty of modern equipment to go around. Loved it.

My room was equally the best room I've stayed in on the Strip paralleled only by Cosmo, but it was much better value for me this trip than Cosmo, which I would have happily stayed at again if it wasn't almost $150/night more expensive. Huge lounge, sleeping area & double bathroom was overkill for me, but I loved it! The bed was super comfy & I slept like a baby - no noise from outside to bother me. Just a dream:)

There's plenty of restaurants & in the entertainment stakes, Le Reve is a must watch, up there with the best of the Cirque De Soliel shows (it is not part of Cirque De Soliel FYI).

I like this end of the strip being close to the Palazzo, Venetian & Fashion Show Mall, which is one the best shopping centres on the strip that has standard shops beyond the high end Louis Vuitton, Gucci etc.

It's a pain to get to the other exciting end of the strip, but a $15 cab ride can get you there if you don't like the 40-60 minute walk in 40 degree heat (I love it, but it's not for everyone).

You won't find any food courts or lower end food places for cheap snack food (there is a Jewish Sandwich shop that is good for this), but remember Fashion Show is just across the road.

Shops were way out of my league, but nice to look in the windows at the crazy stuff that $$ can buy.

Huge recommend especially if you can score the rare sale prices that Wynn run occasionally - join their club to get updates if you're very price sensitive.

Wow, I've accidentally written an essay, but you've gathered, I don't think you can go wrong here & this venue is better suited to couples though I was there on my own (wishing my wife could have been there to experience it with me).

Do yourself a favour - just do it :)

Room Tip: The view from my room was over the back of the strip and was good enough for me. I could have paid...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Russell T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,848)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gilroy, California
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were excited to stay at the Encore. We had heard good things about it and took a chance. Upon arrival we were informed that there would be an additional "deposit" added to our credit card while staying there. This was not mentioned on the Encore's website. The deposit was nearly $400.00. If using a credit card, the amount would be reversed with in a few days, if using a debit card it would take a week to post back. My advice?, use cash. The room was nice, it was a King suite with a view of the east side strip. The funiture was very modern. The was a lot of dust in the higher places of the room but no biggie. If you are a lite sleeper be warned. Most of their rooms have adjoining rooms/door into the another room, etc. These doors are very poor quality, have no weather stripping of any kind so you can hear everything going on next door to you. We found this out the hard way, and were told by the front desk that all the rooms are like this. I know it's Vegas and all, but for the amount the Encore charges for the room, you should be able to retire to your room and be able to sleep without noise.
The casino floor also smells very heavily of smoke, I would assume their ventalation system was not working?
Overall, there are other nicer hotels that I would stay at, with less fluff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up for a better view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank N B
San Diego
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our stay at Encore was satisfactory.

Check in: The line to check in was very long and took some time getting through it. The person who checked us in also took a long time checking us in. She kept asking us a billion annoying questions.

Room: After a long check in, when we finally made it to our room, the room smelled like someone had smoked in it for a week, a non-smoking room. The room was a view of the strip on the 63rd floor. We called to change rooms and they set us up with a room that had a view of the very north end of the strip which was not what we paid for. They said once we got to the room that our keys would work but they didn't. Luckily our old room was on the same floor. We went back to our old room and called them again and they switched us to a room on the 53rd floor. This time we had to go back down stairs to get our keys to work but did not have to wait in the line. At this point we were really late for dinner reservations. When we got into our room we notice a conjoining door and screaming kids in the other room. We were super excited! We had to deal with them the whole weekend and we really didn't feel like switching rooms for the forth time.

The room was beautiful, one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. The bathroom was also very beautiful. The room was very clean and very well furnished. The bed wasn't the most comfortable we've slept on but it worked just fine. The view was amazing.

Check out:
There was a little bit of a line but wasn't as bad as check in. The check out person was also better about not asking us a billion questions.

Room Tip: When making reservations ask for a room with a good view of the south end of the strip. See if they...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

It is expensive but worth every dollar. Beautiful, great food and pools, the best service and rooms. It is clean and nicely decorated, classy and good ambiance. Nightclubs are fun too. Be aware that there is an extra charge at check in for using internet and amenities. A tip the concierge gave me for the taxi ride to airport is to request the driver to use Paradise Rd ($25). Taxi drivers tend to use the freeway ($40). There is anything you may need, including a drugstore. There is mall across the street. The hotel is next to the palazzo and venetian, which means access to more restaurants and bars. Adult crowd, no recommended for kids. No regrets - will be back. Best hotel in town!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jukia
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Checked the into the Encore Aug 4. After hearing all bad reviews with check in I was pleasantly surprised Arrived at our hotel by 10am was in our room by 1230...not bad. Very pleasant employees. Room always cleaned early. The pool chairs can get dicey but managed to get the by 1100a. We left our chairs for 45 min to get food..surprise they removed our stuff yes magazines and all..Had lunch at terrace restaurant .Wear a shirt so can eat inside unless you are banished to outdoor terrace which was fine . Gym was excellent walked through the spa which was beautiful and tranquil. I really liked the hotel away from hub bub of strip yet close enough to action. I would definately stay here again....

Room Tip: we stayed on north side cause was afraid of noise form clubs it was blissful..no view but who cares
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jwrph
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We are just completing a four night stay at the Encore Hotel with our grown sons and their wives. The total experience was exillerating - from the quality of the rooms to the quality of the service to the variety and quality of the restuarants to the extraordinary show - La Reve. With the range of entertainment and dining options available at the Encore and the Wynn - we rarely left the two hotel complex. We really like the exciting and unuual design of the Encore and the very vibrant atmosphere. We would certainly return when visiting Las Vegas again.

Room Tip: Strip side of hotel is a little louder - but we like the view and had no trouble sleeping.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Raymond E
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. The rooms were of excellent quality. However it is a bit far down on the strip so you are not as near things as one would like. Also it is very expensive and everything costs extra. Overall if I were to return, I would likely consider staying somewhere with a more central location on the strip. Also of mention, the breakfast buffet buffet was expensive but excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple