“My lovely hotel”

Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“My lovely hotel”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

It is one of the best hotel that i have been in my life. Everything was good, the best point of that was about casino, they gave me 20$ gift for play becuse they saw my ID card and my birthday was near. It was really great.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Fwithus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,799)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed @ the Wynn Encore with family of 9 and it was truly an amazing experience. Only slights were the queue @ the Wynn buffet and the Spa wasn't as grand as I had read (I've had better experiences in the UAE). Check in also took forever but the staff did all they could to make the wait bearable with water and a bit of conversation. I won't hesitate to book this hotel, it became my benchmark for other hotels on this particular vacation.

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here whilst we were getting married in Vegas. The rooms are amazing with floor to ceiling windows. We stayed in a panoramic suite, however I think most of the standard rooms were the same, you were just on a higher floor.
The best part of the hotel for me was the pool - a great atmosphere and good drinks service. The hotel is true luxury with a number of places to eat, drink, club and gamble.
The only downside is that it is at the top of the strip, however the quality of the hotel makes up for this.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberley G
Manchester, England
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Fourth trip to this fantastic hotel and it is even better than I recall. The arrival area and staff are on form. Your bags are whisked away and arrive at your room at your convenience. On check-in we were offered the possibility of an upgrade for a reduced rate due to our previous stays. Got a super room on the 57th floor over looking the strip, golf course and The Wynn. House keeping was excellent and all hotel staff were exceptionally friendly. Deep soaking tub and amazing bathrooms.

Room Tip: Top floor with a strip view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The times that I have been to Vegas, I have stayed at the Wynn - although Encore is a sister property, I am officially a convert. I think the main advantage (for me) is that Encore is newer and during construction the builders learned from the "mistakes" (if you can even call it that) of Wynn. The rooms are nicer, bigger, and maybe I am crazy - they actually smell better. Soundproofing from outside and from other rooms is fantastic; Temperature regulation is great; Generous selection of toiletries; Blackout curtains are very much needed and appreciated. Tip - unless you plan on paying for the selection at the minibar in your room, don't touch it. Once something is moved (like the peanuts) or opened (like the fridge), you are automatically charged. If you are in need a a fridge for medical purposes - simply request a medical fridge, the front desk was accommodating on this request (for someone in our group who needed one for medical purposes). There was no charge - otherwise use of the fridge is $25. I can't remember how much water is in the room - but water in the spa and gym are complimentary, so I always grabbed an extra bottle down there.

The Encore actually has a distinct floral smell when you walk in - I usually hate perfume smells, but if they ever decided to bottle and sell whatever this scent is, Steve Wynn would get that much richer. I am not a gambler so I cannot speak to quality of the casinos - so my review is based on the property and the service at Encore. Speaking of casinos - because I am not a gambler, I appreciated not having to walk through clouds of smoke and the casino to get to my room (if coming from main hotel entrance) - which is not the case at Wynn. Overall - it just seems quieter here, which was nice. The only time it seems to get a little crazy is when the lines start to form for the pool parties. But this is easily avoided and if you are not interested in the pool party - you can still enjoy the European pool, which is restricted to hotel guests. It is lively but not a party pool, and our group though it was just right. During peak pool hours (I would say 10AM-4PM), you do have to get there early to have any chance at shade or even a chair for that matter. The pools get crowded quick and stay that way. Pool service is top notch. Everyone greets you with a smile and everyone is very, very helpful.

Bellmen were friendly and proud to work at the Wynn. They were not gratuity and transactional driven like other resorts, and spent time ensuring the guest knew the room, and amenities. One bellman even showed us how to take the perfect picture of the Las Vegas Strip without a flash and glare against the floor to ceiling windows.

Spa was well stocked with assorted juices, fruit, and water. The Spa at Encore is an impressive facility and takes guest into an escape unlike any other. The spa was a nice size and included three wet Jacuzzis, showers and sinks fully stocked with amenities, steam room and sauna. The living room featured televisions, and assortment of magazines. Service met expectations, and facilities were constantly cleaned.

The hotel can get busy at night after 10:00pm with the Surrender nightclub and XS nightclub just a few moments away from the hotel elevator. During the evening, the music even in the elevator was nightlife like.

Food - we never ate at Encore (with the exception of what is served by the pool) largely because most of us really love the food options at Wynn (I am particularly partial to Red 8 and Mizumi) which is a short walk through the connected hallways - the restaurants at Encore have a nice selection (at least the ones I browsed through) and are likely well worth exploring and something I will likely do on a return trip.

As far as location - the hotel is on the north end of the strip, so if your are planning some nights out at some of the other nightlife venues - it may be a rough walk (cabs are your friend and if you are in a group, you can generally get an SUV or limo for $40-$50). If you have a car - parking is FREE. The hotel is across the street from the Fashion Show Mall which has a lot of dining options and shopping. It is also relatively close to old Vegas if you want to check that out.

Overall - I highly recommend this hotel and am looking forward to my next trip there!

Booking tip - I booked my room as part of a group, so I have no tips to offer. I would suggest subscribing to Encore's listserve. I am subscribed to Wynn's and get offers on a quarterly basis that are not advertised on their website with better pricing than you'll find anywhere else. I did a spot check on Jetsetter for a weekend in May and the pricing was $300 less than Orbitz - so if you are a Jetsetter member, I would check there too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank pinxitluc
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel is our favourite place to stay in Las Vegas. It is more like a hotel with a casino rather than a casino with a hotel attached. The rooms great with excellent beds. The view we had was fantastic. The Encore casino small compared to many in Las Vegas. This smallness together with a window (yes a windows) overlooking the pool garden gives it a much more relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I came here for the weekend and found it to be very luxurious and beautiful. The rooms were wonderfully decorated and I love the red, black and tan color schemes. The only small issue I had was I called ahead to tell them we'd be arriving late at night and they promised to hold our room for us. When we got there, they said all they had left was a smoking optional room. I am 8 months pregnant and can't handle strong smells so we were able to convince them to give us a handicap-accessible room--which ended up working out just fine. I was just irked that they hadn't actually held our requested room for us in the first place. Otherwise, we had a great stay! The pool areas were beautiful and the casino itself wasn't smoky at all (unless you happened to be sitting next to a smoker). We also enjoyed the Wynn show, La Reve.

Room Tip: The rooms on the Wynn-facing side of the hotel can hear the beat from whatever music is playing at t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple