“The best hotel I've ever seen”

Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Encore was a very special experience for me. Recommended by my boss, it normally costs around or even over $1000 for a regular room on weekend, by we've booked it for a weekday, for a fraction of this price.

Once arrived, I've clamed that smoking/nonsmoking room isn't important for us, but being on a higher floor makes difference. The receptionist made a call and we've got a higher class room on the last 63th floor. Wow, the hotel didn't look that high from outside!

Inside the room we had really everything, including scales rarely found in US hotels and always missed by my wife, panoramic windows with electric curtains, multi-mode "smart home" lighting system, perfect "night light" in a restroom, and lots of other yummies.

The lobby combined with a casino tend to keep people of ever exiting the building. It make us feel what's a "kitch style".

I've visited many hotels in US and world wide, but non of them was so interesting and comfortable for this price.

Room Tip: The higher is the better
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonic1980
Write a ReviewReviews (13,533)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The room itself was very nice. The beds comfortable, the bathrooms nicely appointed. The housekeepers did a very good job and the room was cleaned great daily. The problem was (if you are staying in a room with two queen beds) you can hear the music from the clubs below all night long. I moved from the 26th to the 37th floor and could still hear the music on Friday and Saturday night.

I have stayed at the Wynn on many occasions and will stay at the Wynn going forward. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: All rooms with two queen beds face the strip and the clubs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank greatlake30
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Walking in the first thing I noticed were the red chandeliers everywhere.What a unique beautiful resort! Everything down to the smallest detail in the design of the hotel seemed meticulously thought out. I loved that the casino area had natural light coming in from the pool area, it wasn't dark like most casino hotels. Our room was very large with floor to ceiling windows & a nice sitting area with a big swivel tv also facing the bedroom. The lights, drapes & even privacy button were automated from controls next to the bed. The bed was luxurious, I slept great. The bathroom was huge with another tv, large glass shower & separate soaking tub. The bathroom amenities were nice & the night light was very convenient. The pool area was very pretty - you had to get out by 10AM to put your towels down just like any other resort nowadays. It didn't start actually filling up with people until closer to noon. I ate breakfast in the Society Cafe, it was so good I ate the exact same thing the next morning! Everyone working at the hotel seemed friendly & eager to please. Although the prices are high, I recommend this hotel to anyone, especially couples, singles or friends looking for a getaway weekend.

Room Tip: I chose a city view so I wouldn't hear noise from the late night bars on the other side.
2  Thank Sheri L
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is one of the nicest in the strip. The others would be Bellagio, Venetian, The Palazzo.
The room we had was spectacularly decorated and it was very big and comfortable. The hotel is near a great taco place, highly recommended.

This hotel is elegant, without being cheesy. It's one of the few (if not the only) unthemed hotel resorts in Vegas.

It has plenty of options for food, no need to leave the hotel at all. However, like every where in Vegas the prices are very high. A cup of regular brewed coffee was $5. A breakfast for two was around $65.

The mini bar has sensors, so unless you mean to eat/drink an item, don't touch it. If you pick it up for more than 60 secs, you'll be automatically charged. Don't think of using the mini fridge to cool your own drinks either. That's Vegas! Cheap to fly there, not very expensive to stay there, but they nickle and dime you for everything.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any room. Just keep in mind that rowdy people end up in Vega...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I think this was our fifth stay here and everything seemed just as new as our first. Check-in was fast and pleasant at 1pm. Room was as booked. Food and service at Society, The Point Cafe and the Buffet were great. My only complaint would be the loud music (they could turn down the bass a bit) coming from the Beach Club all Sunday and XS at night) and we were in room 5726 which is pretty high up, but faces South. I might request a room facing North next time. Otherwise I wouldn't stay anywhere else and we couldn't hear any noise from other rooms or the hall. Elevators are fast. It's a very classy place. Sign up for their email specials and friend them on Facebook. Otherwise the prices would be too high for me. The resort fee of $25 doesn't include much.

Room Tip: North side of Encore faces away from the pools and is probably quieter. The East side of Wynn and S...
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had an enjoyable 3 night stay.

The suite was a good size and quiet. The breakfast was great with a huge selection.

The concierge was a total let down and we ended up booking most things ourselves via the internet.

The hotel looked better than most of the others we visited/ have stayed in on the Strip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

stayed at the Encore for a week.....room lovely, both pools we went to are wonderful and majority of the staff are very good polite and caring. We ate on site every day at SW, Lakeside, La Cave, Society Cafe and the Terrace Cafe. The disappointing point of this trip was the rude and unprofessional staff we encountered during dinner in the country club - we complained to the manager and then again to the Encore front desk manager and were told they would look into the problem and get back to us.....have heard nothing ....have told them again my issues in the very quick to be sent 'quality of your stay questionnaire' and again have heard nothing....... feel quite let down by their attitiude...I would stay here again possibly not, it is a lot of money for staff to be so rude and there are plenty of other hotels in the luxury bracket

Room Tip: higher floors facing the mountains - you get fab sunset/sunrise view and there are black out blinds...
2  Thank JCM80