“overpriced, no free wifi, service with a frown” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Encore At Wynn Las Vegas

Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
“overpriced, no free wifi, service with a frown”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

i have just returned from 2 weeks in the states, during my time there i stayed at the W in LA, a villa in Palm Springs, the Venetian and Encore. Encore was the worst experience I had during my 2 weeks.

I had booked 2 nights at the encore to end my holiday because i had been told it was the best hotel in vegas. When i walked through the doors, i could see why people said that, but it was rapidly downhill from there, i would never stay there again and unless you are a millionaire who is planning on spending fortunes, i would advise you not to stay there either - the venetian is more affordable and the service and staff are much more friendly and helpful.

Our room on the 58th floor was covered in dust when we arrived. We then tried to log on to the room wifi and discovered the charge was $14 per day per device - so for 2 of us in the room to have wifi on our tablets and mobiles was $60 per day - wifi at the venetian is free in the room, in restaurants and the casino floor. There is no wifi anywhere in the Encore other than in the room. I was told this was a cost cutting measure by Ben on reception when I complained at the end of our stay, apparently he wasn't joking. I called the front desk to tell them about the dust and question the wifi charges, i was told the wifi charges would be comped, nothing was done about the dust.

A dusty room and lack of wifi were not the only problems we had. Unlike the Venetian, the staff at the Encore we moody and unhelpful, they made my friends and I feel like they didn't want us there. When we checked in at the Venetian, we were told to go to concierge in order to take advantage of the perks of being a guest there - we were given VIP passes to Tao beach club and a selection of other deals on Venetian venues. As guests at the Venetian we were made to feel valued wherever we went when we showed our room keys. At the Encore, we were repeatedly told there was no benefit to being a guest.

Other poor experiences included being told by a member of staff that he couldn't speak because he had 'to take a p*ss'. Waiting 20 minutes to be offered a drink when eating dinner at the buffet, being unable to get a seat by the pool and not even getting an apology when raising these issues with Ben at the front desk.

The only member of staff that behaved in a way i would expect of any 5 star hotel was Patricia on concierge who looked genuinely concerned with my complaints and apologised. Unfortunately, she then handed me over to Ben who stared at me, blank faced, never apologising and keeping up the Encore tradition of not smiling, looking at me as if i was a peasant.

We had planned for the Encore to be the perfect end to a great holiday, but we were left very disappointing and wishing that we had stayed at the Venetian for longer. I will never come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank WH R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,746)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Firstly -- the only reason I gave my rating a 4 on 5, is because of the hotel's location...it's slightly too north on the strip for my liking. This is certainly not a deal-breaker, though...the hotel was fantastic.

I have to say, the Encore/Wynn are the classiest, least tackiest of all hotels on the strip. They're so pretty to just look at, and the interior does not dissapoint. The decor is very modern and trendy.

The check-in process was quick, and the front-desk agent was very friendly. She made me feel welcomed, like it was a pleasure to serve me.

We were assigned a Panoramic Suite on the 52nd floor -- beautiful! Large king bed with seperate living area, rotating television (making viewing possible from either the living area or bedroom), large bathroom with seperate glass shower, seperate toilet bowl and double vanity, and floor-to-ceiling windows with electric drapes & sheers. My 3 nights spent at the Encore were 3 of the best night's rest that I've ever had...it's rediculous how comfortable that bed is!

The hotel has a wide selection of restaurants/cafes/bistros to choose from -- when staying at the Encore, you can use the restaurants at the Wynn, too...you simply use your key-card to pay for your purchases. The dining options were a bit too pricey for my liking, but I did make it a point to eat at one of the restaurants, ZoozaCrackers Deli. Typical New York-style deli, serving burgers & smoked meat...very good, and well worth it.

There are a few pools to choose from at the Encore...the weather was unfortunately too cold to truly enjoy the pool, but I sucked it up and put on my bathing suit anyway. On a nice warm day, it would definitely be a great spot to lounge around and relax.

If staying connected is important to you, in-room WIFI comes at a cost of $13.00 per day, per device...or you can access complimentary WIFI at Sugar & Ice, a cafe inside the Wynn hotel.

Nightclubs aren't my thing, but the one located at the Encore (XS Nightclub) seemed to be quite popular.

All around, I had a great experience at the Encore. Highly recommended!

1 Thank xxiheartmtlxx
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Well, if you can, you must try this hotel. From check in to check out by far the best place to stay in Vegas. We had a high floor room, spotless as is the whole hotel. I'm fussy and I could find nothing wrong with this establishment, try the Wynn buffet breakfast as well.

Room Tip: High floors, you may have to pay a little extra but well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed in the tower king suite on the 36th floor for my 30th birthday. The suite was clean, spacious and top of the line. We had a great view of the strip. Checkin was a breeze and we were in our suite 20 mins within arriving at the hotel. All the staff were very gracious and eager to please. I didn't hear any music from the nightclubs below. I'm a vegan, so I was thrilled to see that all the restaurants in the hotel had vegan menus to go along with the regular menu. We had dinner at Wazuzu and breakfast at Tableau (the vegan cuisine was amazing!). I highly recommend both of these restaurants as they have a great menu selection and you won't be disappointed in the food. I'm looking forward to trying Andrea's and Mizumi on our next trip as we didn't stay long enough to try all the restaurants. The weather was cool the week we were there so we didn't take advantage of the pool or the cabanas however, the pool and cabana areas looked fantastic! We will definitely come back to the Encore!

2 Thank Ali M
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I love the Wynn and Encore. Although the Wynn has better rooms (taller ceilings and more panoramic feeling) the Encore is the best choice because they planned the layout better - being the newer of the two.

One of the absolute royal pains in Las Vegas hotels is access to good food conveniently and quickly. Most of the time you walk 10+ minutes and wait for a table - a process that blows about an hour. Encore has a really cool Lobby Bar & Cafe immediately next to the room elevators. Its a full service espresso, coffee, hot egg wrap dishes all in a timely served fashion. You go down have your hot breakfast and pop back up to clean your teeth and you are on your way. If you have a convention at the Sands, its a reasonable walk across the street bridge.

Decor wise its an amazing facility. Its way beyond expectations. Brilliant!

Sinatra Restaurant at Encore is excellent. Its a premium restaurant, perfect for business associates and their Clients.

Wazuzu Restaurant is Chinese - stay away from beef dishes. They did have steak knifes when it was desperately needed - rather strange. The rest of the food was fine.

Night Club XS was fantastic. Its a sight and an experience. Obtain your door tickets from the Concierge to avoid lines. Top DJ's, however, they don't put them on till 1am local time (which is 3AM Central time and 4am NY time - how stupid is that)? They have indoor and a pool outdoor all part of the experience. VERY COOL.

Night Club Surrender was also good. Its was new and trendy. Same pool setting type engagement as XS. The music when I was there was for very young adults. Way to crowded inside (April 2013).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank jerryrobinson1911
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Upon checking in we quickly realised that this was place was going to something special. Personalised room cards, free local and out of state calls from the room were only the start. We upgraded to a room with abetted view which was defiantly worth it. The room was out of this world and the bed was immense both in size and comfort. The pool and other facilities, both at the Encore and Wynn) were top class and all the staff were helpful and knowledgable about the hotel and its services. A must for any visit to Las Vegas!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank clayjames
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

The decor of this hotel is gorgeous. Check in went smoothly. When we got to our room we found broken glass on the floor. A manager came quickly to the room. We left for dinner and when we returned it was cleaned. We finally got a chance to look around the room and a robe was missing with a note that stated we would be charged if the hanger was empty at the end of our visit. We called and housekeeping put the second robe in the room. One downside of the room is that it is not very soundproof. We could hear our neighbors flush their toilet and hear people in the hall. Fortunately we were at the far end do the hall and not many people passed our room. The bathroom is large and so are the towels. The amenities are large in size and smelled good. I used the pool and was scolded for moving my chair. I was politely told they have a strict no chair moving policy. I can't imagine having a job where I had to tell someone that with a straight face. Finally at check out we had minibar drink charges on our bill. We never even opened the fridge so I'm unnerved by how that can happen. Check your bill closely. They took the charges off without hesitation but if we hadn't noticed we would have been billed $40 extra. These are minor inconveniences of travel these days and overall we liked our room and the hotel a lot. The staff are all pleasant. Everyone smiled and greeted you. Seems like a good working culture in the company and that is refreshing to see. Most of the patrons were dressed up day and night. It's a luxury resort but in truth I like Trump's place across the street better. Still this is a great place to rest your head in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Avoid the Buffett at the Wynn. Just average food. Ask for a room at the end of the hall to cut dow...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles