“5 Vegas star = 4 REAL star?”

Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend, but as usual with any Vegas property, was not impressed.
Nothing over the top or spectacular. Nothing memorable. Just gets cluttered with the rest of Bellagio, Venetian, Palazzo, etc...
The promo they ran few months ago, made it worth its while, but I would be hesitant to pay
the full price for what I would consider "AVERAGE-5 star Vegas"

Is it clean? Yes.
Is it modern and up to date? Yes.
Is service friendly? Yes.
Good location? No. It's at the north end of the strip. If you want to go anywhere else than Wynn & Encore, you will be making a trip.
Is it memorable? No. Just your average 5 Vegas star.

If you set your expectations low and take advantage of whatever promo they may throw at you, it maybe worth your while.

I, for one, had my share of Encore and unless there is an incredible promo offer, will not be back.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for the room FACING the strip. Otherwise, you will be stuck with tired old North V...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank John K
Write a ReviewReviews (13,337)

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our room was exceptionally comfortable with a great view. The spa area was beautiful and the fitness center is outstanding; pleasant staff, plenty of machines, very clean and the cold washcloths, water and fresh fruit at the end of a workout was appreciated. We loved the location.
We did have trouble getting a higher floor upon check in - the clerk insisted only low floors were available. We moved to a different clerk and were given what we asked for but did not appreciate the extra effort required for an easy to accommodate request.

1  Thank 859MJO
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I just finished a weekend stay here. It was my first time staying at the property. My first impression is that the interior is bright, cheerful, and vividly colored. It's quite a contrast from most of the dark, dank interiors in the other Strip casinos. The property was very clean, and all employees I dealt with were incredibly helpful and made me feel like a welcome guest. The entire place has a very mature, classy feel. A very different scene than other parts of the Strip. Many of the patrons were either sporting slacks and a blazer, or were a scenester's scencester.

The resort suite I had was amazing, very roomy, clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was awesome. I wouldn't have felt bad I had just chilled in the room for most of the time; and I can't say that for many rooms I've stayed in, in Vegas. We also saw La Reve while we were there. It was probably the best Vegas show I've ever seen. We also had dinner at Bartolotta, which was amazing and I will describe more in a separate review.

The location isn't the best as far as getting to the rest of the Strip, but after many stays all over the Strip, they can keep it. I'll stick with the area around Wynn.

All in all, this was probably the overall best Casino and Resort I have stayed in. It comes with quite a hefty pricetag though, and had I not gotten an amazing offer from the Wynn, I can't stay that I would have stayed. But after staying here once, it probably won't be the last time.

1  Thank the_ambler_rambler
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed three nights at this resort. Wonderful spacious room. Great view of the Las Vegas boulevard. Great restaurants and wonderful service. Staff members polite and helpful. The spa is wonderful and very clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank M2266
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just spent two quick days at the Encore. I had not stayed at the Wynn properties since a very bad experience at the Wynn many years ago. But my wife wanted to try it again. This time it was at the Encore. The room was as good as any I have had and we have stayed at all of the top hotels in Vegas. In fact I rate it the best. The staff from the front desk,valet to restuarant staff were friendly and helpful. We atually liked the smaller gambling/restuarant area. It is directly across the street from the main mall which of course is another reason my wife likes the location. They dont serve free drinks at the bar if you are playing the poker machines. New policy? Our preferred hotels are Palazzo and Belagio but will now add the Encore to the list.

Room Tip: This is a tough question to answer since we have not paid for a hotel room in Vegas for many years...
2  Thank zamiWichita
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in a lot of large 5 diamond resorts in the Scottsdale area and Vegas always amazes me with even how large these resorts are, there is still magnificent attention to detail. Skip Venetian, skip Palazzo, my favs are definitely Wynn, encore, and aria in Vegas. I will say that the bathroom at encore beats aria, but is not as nice as Venetian and palazzo, that's one area they truly succeed. The service here was excellent and the fastest valet in town, hands down. It was nice to be able to run late, tell friends I was stuck in valet, and not end up getting stuck I'm valet!!! The view was one of my top favorites for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank jclark702
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have been to Las Vegas many times and stayed at places like the Palms, Mandalay Bay, MGM Grand, Mirage and the Venetian but nothing is as classy and as elegant as the Encore at the Wynn is....not even the Wynn.

The suites are solidly designed with decadent marble entryways and stunning hardwood cabinetry. Generous and spacious bathrooms equipped with TV and phone. The electronics of the room can be controlled with one device. The mirror on the ceiling is quite interesting for many reasons and the pure dark currents that make the room feel like total darkness during the day is awesome. The hotel room is perfect from the bed to its amenities.

As for the rest of the Casino at Encore it is nice and it is fancy but it is a bit boring. It is not as vibrant an atmosphere as you would get at say even the Wynn or the Venetian. The breakfast buffet at the Wynn is really not that great and the pool seen is only ok and not that much fun on the Encore side unless your into the topless European pool thing.

All in All I would stay here again just for the room and not so much for the pool or the food. I find the restaurants of other casinos to be better then the restaurants inside the Wynn Encore complex.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends