Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$236
$199
SignatureMGMGrand
  • Restaurant
Vdara Hotel & Spa(Las Vegas)
$151
$127
Vdara.com
  • Restaurant
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Pool
ARIA Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)
$159
Aria.com
$135
Venetian.com
  • Pool
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
$169
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$79
Hotels.com
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Restaurant
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$76
$42
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
$194
$129
Orbitz.com
14,094 results
All reviewseuropean poolle revered cardpanoramic suitesw steakhousebeautiful hotelfloor to ceiling windowsother hotelsfashion show malllobby barhigher floorsitting areastrip viewresort feeper dayfitness centercasino floor
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We arrived on a Saturday evening and checked in. NO line at the check in, which isn't unusual at properties, but still surprises me. The gentleman that checked us in (Dexter) did a VERY good job. We had a suite, he asked us which view we'd like. I answered whatever gets us higher, and we ended up on the 20th floor. Being a traveler that checks in on Saturday, I expect to be on the 3rd or 4th floor. That was nice. He also pushed a couple of restaurants on the property, neither I had been to, so we took that under advisement. It was good to get that information.

We went to our room and it was VERY clean. Good "living room" area separated from the bed bascially by the big screen TV. We liked the "pivot" on the TV, so it could swivel from bed to living room.

Bathroom very big. Soaking tub, separate shower (pretty good size), and closed off toilet. Plenty of towels in the room also, which is always nice. Dual vanity, with good space between them for your wife's things (lol).

The bed was big, and comfortable. Pillows were nice too.

We did call for a hot-water boiler ($10 charge for the enitre stay- there is no coffee maker in room). There was a "pay fridge" which had the last guest's leftovers in there (oops). WHile I'm talking about it, there isn't extra room to keep your own items in the fridge (personal pet-peeve), and no microwave. We also called for a couple extra towels (just out of habit). Both were served on a Sat. night within 15 minutes. Completely acceptbale in my book.

The casino was busy on Sunday, but of course settled down on Monday. Ther had 9-5 JoB video poker, which is hard to find on the strip. Plently of table games, and there was always people playing craps each time we passed. The sports book at the Encore is a BIG negative. It's a desk at the players card kiosk. There seemed to be a self-serve touch screen thing there, but it wasn't working when I stopped by. No current odds sheets were there either. Not as big a deal as I'm making it out to be. I walked to the Wynn and took care of my Sunday betting. The people taking the bets were unpleasnt, but not nasty. If I had an option of where to bet, I'd head somewhere else.

I did play a few table games, and the dealers and floor supes were nice and were knowledgable. At the Wynn, we actually say $10 BJ and Craps being played. Most of the tables were higher limit though ($100+ BJ on the floor).

We did visit the Encore spa. My wife got a massage and she sprung for someone to give me a pedi (my wife says I need professional help, not sure what she meant). She loved her massage and I had a good pedicure (Lynette did a VERY good job). Good staff, prices not out for this type of resort.

All in all, it's a gorgeous resort. If you're here for a meeting, you won't be disappointed. Everything you need is here. It's position on the North end of the strip means you always will walk south for options or to explore (to the north is Circus Circus, Riviera, and the LVH, that's about it). That's why I prefer to be a little more mid-strip. However, Steve Wynn knows how to do things. The rooms are exceptional, the clenlieness of the property also, and the staff (for the most part) knows their jobs and does what they can to make you happy.

Check out easy and quick, the bill was accurate, and taxi lane quick. Airport taxi is about $25.

Room Tip: Don't worry too much about what you're looking at- get a HIGHER floor where possible. Higher number rooms closer to the ice maker.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JWonser
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Have nothing to say about this hotel that makes it stand out. Waited over 45 minutes in line to check in. Had lots of time to look at the decor and not sure how to describe it. Asian? Gay bordello? Don't get it. Misses being classy but close to gorgeous. Other points:
Didn't see anyone win big in the casino.
Show was interesting but made no sense, kind of like the decor. Not as good as the other shows that I have seen in Vegas.
Don't expect to be seated at any of the restaurants in the evening without a reservation or without waiting, EVEN if there is hardly anyone there. The standard response was "45 mintues" (hey, just like the time waiting in line to check in!) no matter if is 6pm or 10:30 pm. Food was overpriced even for Vegas.
Buffet was blah at best. Not impressesed
Pool is gorgeous but get there early to get a lounge chair. Strangley the way the buildings are situated the pool was completely shaded by 1:45 pm with no sun to be found.
We had an upgraded room "overlooking the strip" which basically meant that we were looking at an abandoned parking lot and partially built hotel, plus a strip mall. Very disappointing.
Lastly, the room was spacious but really? Enough dust on the lampshades to make you cringe. Cigarette burns in the comforter (we were on the non smoking floor). Strange smells in the hall by the ice. Stains on the towels despite the strong smell of bleach. A nice display of items to purchase in the room, but no coffee maker. It's a long walk to get a cup of coffee plus, you guessed it, another long line even early in the morning.
Don't stay here if you want to be by the action of the strip. It is a 1-2 mile walk to main part of the strip.
Not impressed have stayed other places that were much more accomodating and fun!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank LodiDazzles
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Can't say enough good about the rooms, decor, service and resort. But, as most things in life be aware of some caveats.

Encore has a daily resort fee of $25 plus about $3 in tax on top of the room charge. They are very upfront about the fee and for most of the clientel the charges mean little. However, this top-shelf hotel is also utilized by groups of younger people sharing a room. The second caveat is the Mini bar fees when such items are never used. It seems to be a rather common situation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 18_20
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed in the Encore at Wynn in September for 5 days with my partner. We got a great deal as we booked about 9 months in advance and we were recommended the Encore by my parents, and WOW....what a recommendation!

From the moment you arrive you are treat like royalty. Considering the size of the hotel I was amazed that I only had to queue to check-in for about 2 minutes. The guy that checked us in was very professional and told us everything we needed to know about the hotel.
The information about the resort fee was not very clear. I was told before I went that I would have to pay $25 per day for the resort fee and that there was no way of getting out of this. When I went back to reception to check this they said that I was not been charged for the resort fee, so I didnt ask any questions! :-)

The room is without doubt one of the most luxurious and modern hotel rooms that I have ever stayed in. We had a resort suite. The bathroom is HUGE with a walk in shower, bath tub, his&hers wash basin and a TV on the wall. The bedroom area had a huge king size bed with a remote control to control all the lighting and the curtains. There is also a huge 42inch plasma TV which rotates so that you can watch it from the sitting area, of which has a corner sofa and a work desk. We were on the 14th floor with a north facing room, so we could see right up the strip as far as the Stratosphere Hotel.
Remember...if you are just been curious then do NOT lift anything out of the fridge as they have pressure switches which will charge to your room if they are not returned within seconds.

The service is incredible! Everytime you request something from reception/housekeeping you receive a phone call a few minutes later to make sure you were happy with everything. We requested more clothes hangers which a gentleman brought within about 5 minutes and also gave us a "magic" spray which helps get creases out of clothes! Who wants to iron on holiday? ;-)

I read lots of reviews from guests complaining about the noise from the nightclub at night, but I can honestly say I did not hear one noise from outside my room for the whole of my stay. Some reviews said to get a room on the north facing side of the hotel as there is no noise here, and I can completely agree.

As you can imagine, the prices within the hotel are extortionate! A bottle of beer will set you back about $7, where you can go to a bar down the strip and get one for $2.

Opposite the hotel is a fantastic shopping mall called the Fashion Show. It has everything you could possibly imagine with free parking in the basement. It also has 2 great restaurants which I would recommend, Maggiano's (Italian restaurant) and a mexican (I forgot its name but it is under Maggiano's).

If you want to do a show while in Vegas then I would recommend Beatles LOVE at Mirage! UNBELIEVABLE!!

Anyway, back to the hotel. The pool is not in a great location. In September when I was there only half the pool area got the sun in the afternoon and I found myself fighting for a sunbed.

The valet parking is free (as it is in most Vegas hotels), just give them a tip. Alternatively you can self park which is no hassle at all. Only about a 100m walk from the car park to the lobby area.

All in all, an absolutely gorgeous hotel, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of visiting Las Vegas.

Room Tip: A few reviews mention about the noise from the nightclub at night. We had a room on the north facing side of the hotel on the 14th floor and we did not hear anything at all. A great view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank waccoe_mot
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I dont get it, what's all the fuss about ... stayed here for 3 days on business, its nice, its clean, but honestly I could be in any number of Vegas Casinos its the same recipe ... is it perhaps executed a bit better, maybe, do you pay for it, yes would you for a moment be transported from LV, not a hope.

The rooms were nice, room service was pricey as was the in-room amenities, room was quiet although I was on the 21st floor so it better be. Room service menu was typical fare nothing special, service itself was efficient and polite.

SW steakhouse was typical of a casino hotel well executed but perhaps somewhat faux none the less...

I wouldn't go to Vegas unless I had to, its not my kind of town, no matter how much lipstick you put on a pig its still a pig when all is said and done...

So, all I can do is damn this hotel with faint praise, if you love Vegas this is probably the place for you ...

Room Tip: they are pretty much all the same...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business