“Easy walk to the strip”

Ranked #142 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Northern New York
“Easy walk to the strip”
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Help was very, very friendly and helpful. Extremely quiet for how big it is and how many people staying there. Only stayed 1 night but would stay longer. Got me a parking spot for my Harley right out front were it could be watched.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Mexico
Reviewed November 21, 2009

We didn't actually end up staying at this hotel, but after I had to deal with the extremely rude person on the phone I am SUPER glad we did not stay there!
First, I made the reservation online.
A little while later, we figured out we were not going to make it so we decided to cancel.
I called the hotel and the person that answered had a very thick accent, which I don't mind, but I kept having to say "excuse me" because I could not understand her and she seemed very annoyed by that.
She told me I had to call the 1800 number to cancel. So I called the 1800 number and the gentleman on the phone said I had to cancel it with the hotel itself because it was after the 24hr window.
I called her right back, after she answered the phone and figured out it was me again, she put the phone down, without even asking me to hold for a few minutes. finally she came back and I told her what the guy on the phone said. She raised her voice saying I had to call the 1800 number over and over again, not letting me get a word in edgewise.
She finally said if I made the reservation using priceline, orbits etc. that I had to call the number. I told her I made the res. on the super8 website. So she asked for my name and right away starting reading off a number. I asked her what that was and she told me it was the cancellation conf. # like I should have known. THEN all I asked was am I going to be charged any penalties (being that it was after the cancellation period) and she said "MA'AM, WHY WOULD I GIVE YOU A CONF. # IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE CHARGED FOR ANYTHING!" Finally I said "Excuse me I was just asking a question!" Then she went off on me about how I was being so argumentative (which I belief since I couldn't understand her she mistook my "excuse me's" for being argumentative, that's all I can think of). And THEN she said she was going to reverse the cancellation so that I would be charged for the room.
Then I basically had to beg her to leave it canceled which was very humiliating. Then I just asked for her name, she said it was Sarah, but when she answered the phone I thought she said Marcy, so I don't know for sure.
I hope she is dealt with because who knows how much business Super 8 has lost because of her.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank karbeans

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

New York
Reviewed November 11, 2009

This hotel is fine if you want a place just to crash at night and you are on a budget as we were. They have a shuttle that did bring us back to the airport and took forver to come to the airport. There is the Ellis Island casino next door, and it has inexpensive gaming and food in the restaurant that actually is pretty good. There is a quickie mart about a block away and you can get stuff you need there for cheap. It takes about 10 mins to walk to Bills on the strip. The room at the Super 8 was clean and we had no complaint about the staff or property.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mrmark21
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We had 2 double rooms for 3 nights for a cheap price on offer. I think you can also usually find 40 $ coupons for this hotels on weekdays.

The rooms were fine and clean and with coffee in rooms. Also it is nice to able to park near the room. You cant do that at the large Casino hotels.

The pool was small but OK for a short swim. Also a not very much used SPA with hot water.

Dont think there were any free breakfast but coffee in reception.
But there is the very reasonably priced restaurant at the attached Ellis Island Casino next to it. Also a 7-11 next to E I.

There are some homeless people and beggars near the hotel but they dont bother you
very much. Just say sorry no.

You can walk to the strip in 15 minutes or drive in 5 minutes so for me the location was fine.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Paul81
SoCal
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I booked this room through hotels.com because I was told they accept pets and are located near the Strip. I had originally planned to stay at the airport La Quinta, which also accept pets but is not walking distance to the Strip. The reservationist said Super 8 was closer, and had a mid-week special running for $33/night for 3 days so I took it. I've never stayed at a Super 8 and was a little more than leery about the hotel and location. I had no expections whatsoever given the price, but was pleasantly surprised at what $33 bucks could buy.

The street doesn't appear to be the safest area especially at night, and has poor street lighting due to large vacant/under construction lots that run along Koval Ln. However, the nearest intersection is so busy with car and foot traffic at all hours that I didn't mind walking to the strip after the sun went down. Just use your common sense. The hotel is 1 (Las Vegas) block from the strip and about a 10 minute walk - or less, if you cut through Ballys at the side entrance.

The room was your standard motel room with a flat screen tv, coffee maker, a/c, etc, nothing exceptional. The linens were clean, but I noticed the boxspring/mattress had various stains at the side. I guess as long as the sheets were clean, I didn't need to know or see what was underneath. The hall carpets were stained but my room was clean and okay. I discovered that all 3 icemakers on all 3 floors were broken, which was a disappointment, however, on my 3 day they replaced them with new ice machines. All the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

I think if you have no unrealistic expections, you wont be disappointed. I mean, you do get what you pay for, and if we all had the $200 to $300+ per night to shell out for the Bellagio--we would, so I have no complaints. It's a good deal if you only want to crash for a few days, and don't intend to spend much time in the room, but just to sleep.

The pros are the proximity to the Strip and being able to park your car directly in front of your room. They also have Ellis Island next door, open 24 hours. I didn't eat there, but looked at the menu, which was inexpensive and had the standard Denny's-esque food items. It was fairly busy, and the patrons seemed to be locals.The one con that may be a big deal to some (besides the obvious lack of any semblance of luxury) is the dark unlit street. A couple street lamps couldn't hurt, and the creepiness factor may intimidate some people. There were a few homeless panhandlers hanging out at the corner Arco and at the bus stop across the street, but not unlike the many homeless you see on the Strip asking for money. It's just that seeing a few on a dark desolate street seems more ominous than the ones you see on the busy well-lit Strip. They didn't bother me and I had no problems. It was an overall pleasant stay for a few days and a few bucks.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank 777DayTripper
East Bay, Northern California
Reviewed October 8, 2009

They serve $1.50 pints of beer at the Bar all day. It is brewed on site. It isnt the best beer, according to www.beeradvocate.com, but its only $1.50. Also, if you do breakfast, lunch or dinner in there restaruant there will be a bit of a wait (depending on party size), but the food is low priced and good portioned. The best part of Ellis Island is that there is a Sports Betting area. You wont find this as easily at any other Hotel where the price per room near the strip is under $100/night. It was less then $100/night to stay a block from the strip on a SATURDAY! You cant beat that and what else Ellis Island has. Hope everyone enjoys the stay as much as I did.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank mjvidra
Germany
Reviewed September 23, 2009

This hotel is well situated, it takes about 10 - 15 minutes walk on the Strip (it would be shorter but you have to walk around this huge parking place). We could park our car directly outside our windows, which was great. There is a swimming pool in the hotel but we didn't get to see it. Staff was OK, they weren't smiling a lot but were not rude either. Despite its central location, there is not much noise from outside.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple