“Paid a high price for Low Grade Room”

Super 8 Las Vegas Strip Area at Ellis Island Casino
Ranked #158 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Blairmore
“Paid a high price for Low Grade Room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have stayed here several years ago and everything was good...price, clean, and good pool to relax at. I requested a balcony room when I made my reservation and was told one was available. When we got there a few hours later it was not available. We paid a high price for Super 8 on a Fri. & Sat Nights $115. & $165. and got a low standard room or should I say this hotel is not keeping up to Super 8 standards.
This time I noticed wear and tear alot. Carpets were dirty and smelly with many bad odors. The bath tub had a finish on it that could not be cleaned or if it could they did not use a cleaner on it, burns on the tub and dirty ceiling above the shower, corners of bathroom had build up of dirt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas Strip Area at Ellis Island Casino, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I apologize if your stay with at the Super 8 was less than 100% satisfactory. I went ahead and looked up your reservation from this past September and I see that you booked it through our centreal reservations hub and not directly with the hotel. For some reason they did not send a request that your reservation was for a balcony room and I apologize for this confusion. Because there is only a limited number of these types of rooms, there was not one available when you arrived to check in later that evening. Also, if there is anything about the room you are staying in that is not to your satisfaction, you need only request a different room from our helpful front desk staff and they will take care of it immediately.

As far as the price that weekend being much higher than normal, I can understand why this would be surprising as our prices are normally not that high even on the weekends. However, that weekend was a very busy sold out weekend because of the Mayweather boxing match and the entire city was busy, which drove prices up all along the Strip. I know that this was inconvenient for travellers visiting Las Vegas that weekend that were not here for the fight.

I hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future so that we can show you what a wonderful place this is to stay. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Have stayed here a few times.... great experience every time!

Very close to the strip, easy walk. Clean rooms, good nights sleep, easy safe parking, internet good, no breakfast though.

Basic but very good value.... definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words regarding our property. I'm pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy your stays with us here at the Super 8 and that our price and location remain a great value to you. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next stay. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This was my 7th trip to Vegas in the last 20 years and I always visit Ellis Island Casino & Restaurant as I stayed here on my first visit. A lot has changed since then. Now you can't go wrong with the price, location, relaxed atmosphere and terrific steak breakfasts, I recommend this as a great base to see all that Vegas has to offer.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for the very kind words regarding our property. I'm glad to hear that you remain pleased with our location and price and that the restaurant/brewery has changed for the better. Needless to say you are welcome back any time. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Otago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The reception staff very helpful and friendly. The room clean and reasonably comfortable. The airconditioning unit was very noisy. The sheets could have peas shot through them. Very noisy from the elevator coming up and down. It was a good price. The toilet needed some work done to it.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a pleasant review of your stay with us at the Super 8. I'm very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly during your stay and that you were satisfied with our price. We here at the Super 8 pride ourselves in our exceptional customer service and I hope that you decide to stay with us again in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Not again.
To start welcome staff not friendly. Didn't even tell how to get to room. When got to room couldn't get in, had to go get keys rest.
No air con working in corridors (these look like all unplugged).. No ice in any machines working.
Room was non smoking, but you could smell the smoke (maybe from corridors). Room was small & looked like could do with a better clean.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels