“Decent value hotel at a good location”

Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #136 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The best feature of the hotel is obviously the cost - and its proximity to the Strip, about 10-15 min walk. Generally decent features - clean, hot water in bathrooms, etc. While the walk to the Strip is definitely doable in the evening/night, might be a little long in the really hot daytime temperatures in Vegas ... but then again Vegas is more of a night place! Counter staff were generally friendly, although we did have some trouble with the keycard access which they need to sort out. Overall, recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for the very positive review of your stay with us at the Super 8. I'm very pleased to hear that you had a good stay overral and were satisfied with our location and price.I'm also glad to hear that our front desk staff was friendly and polite during your stay. One of the things we pride ourselves in is our excellent customer service. I hope that you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Las Vegas. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

There are newer reviews for Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed for two weeks. overall staff was helpful and friendly, breakfasts were good, waffles and such, rooms were clean, missing some amenities like hanging rack for clothes, room did not have a desk lamp, staff brought it next morning.
overall I would rate the hotel a 3-1/2

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2013

An example of you get what you pay for. Filthy stained carpet, bathroom floor and fixtures disgusting, room smelled musty. The key card lock was a pain even after I reported a problem. Staff could care less.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David H

I apologize if your stay with us was anything less than Super. I cannot imagine how your room ended up in the state that you say it was in, and I do sincerely apologize. I can assure you that this is not the standard we here at the Super 8 hold ourselves to, as guests are normally very happy with our property and the cleanliness of the rooms. I can only guess that there was some sort of oversight on the part of our cleaning staff and for that I am very sorry. I hope that this does not deter you from choosing to stay with a Super 8 in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GraeagleBob

Reviewed August 29, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christopher R
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Reviewed August 27, 2013

When we checked in, we asked for a room as close to the elevator as possible, because of a disability. The clerk did not know which rooms were close to the elevator, and asked another clerk who said she didn't know either. As a result we were placed in a room 2 hallways away from the elevator.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I'm sorry to hear if your stay with us at the Super 8 was less than satisfactory. I see that there was an issue with the location of your room at check in. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. As you may know, room requests are handled based on availability and if your stay was on a sold out night, there may have been limited rooms to choose from. I cannot say why our front desk staff said what they said to you, as every member of our staff is instructed on the location of all rooms in our hotel. Additionally, we provide maps of the hotels layout to avoid any confusion for our guests. I apologize again for the confusion. However, if you would have asked to switch rooms to a more convenient location after seeing the location of your room, they would have been more than happy to do so. I hope this experience does not deter you from staying with us again in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had 3 rooms they were all just fine. One of them the air conditioner had went out, and in 108 degree weather not to good, they brought a fan but that really didn't help, they are suppose to be reimbursing us for the one room thru Expedia we will see. The pool was also under construction and that was disappointing. The staff was nice, all and all not bad for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with our property. While I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and were overall satisfied with our location and price, I do want to apologize about the maintenance issues you experienced. Unfortunately, during your stay, our pool was down for maintenance, which was necessary as sometimes machines and equipment need to be replaced, as they do not last forever. I hope this did not inconvenience you overly much and, if so, I apologize. I hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future as I feel the Super 8 can be a wonderful place to stay for those visiting Las Vegas. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.