I stayed here last week for four days with my boyfriend, and it was great! The room was clean when we got there and the AC was already on so the room wasn't really hot from the 100+ degree Las Vegas weather. The room was a bit small, no fridge or microwave, but we were expecting that. We brought a cooler to keep our food and drinks cold. The ice machine on our floor wasn't working, but the machines on the other two floors worked fine so that wasn't a big deal. Our shower didn't drain very well but that also wasn't a big deal to us. Every day we would leave and come back to our room in the afternoon and our room would be clean with new towels and new soap and shampoo. One day our cleaning lady even put our toothbrushes in a little cup for us on the sink.
One of the great things about the hotel is the pool and jacuzzi are open 24 hours. The pool was pretty small but that doesn't really make a difference at 4 in the morning when you're the only ones in the pool.
It took us about 7 minutes to walk to the strip from our hotel, and once we got there we were right in the middle of the strip (right across from Caesar's Palace and the Bellagio). Right next door to this hotel is Ellis Island casino, which is small and not as spectacular as the casinos on the strip, but it is nice to be able to walk downstairs to get a drink at their bar (they also brew their own beer there). There is also a 7-11 and a little place to buy cheap vegas souvenirs and clothes right next door.
This hotel has NO resort fees, and even offers a free airport shuttle. Best/cheapest place to stay if you want to be close to the strip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true landmark for almost 50 years, the family-owned Ellis Island Hotel, Casino & Brewery is an affordable, comfortable blend of casino thrills, family-friendly atmosphere and superb dining with a whole lot of warmth and hospitality. Ellis Island Hotel, Casino & Brewery features 289 guest rooms and 12 suites that, while completely renovated, also give you the feel of staying in one of the classic hotels that made Las Vegas famous. From our convenient location near the Strip to affordable rates that make us one of the best values in Las Vegas, we’re the perfect gateway to exactly the Vegas you’ve come to experience. Newly Remodeled Rooms, Heated Pool and Hot Tub, Free WI-FI, Free Parking, Free Local Calls, Interior Corridors, In Room Coffee Makers. Ellis Island Casino features a 24 Hour Village Pub Cafe, BBQ, Metro Pizza and Julio's Tacos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Vegas.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Super 8 Motel Las Vegas Strip Area
- Super Eight Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Super 8
- Las Vegas Super Eight