“Great rooms for the price”

Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #133 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here last week for four days with my boyfriend, and it was great! The room was clean when we got there and the AC was already on so the room wasn't really hot from the 100+ degree Las Vegas weather. The room was a bit small, no fridge or microwave, but we were expecting that. We brought a cooler to keep our food and drinks cold. The ice machine on our floor wasn't working, but the machines on the other two floors worked fine so that wasn't a big deal. Our shower didn't drain very well but that also wasn't a big deal to us. Every day we would leave and come back to our room in the afternoon and our room would be clean with new towels and new soap and shampoo. One day our cleaning lady even put our toothbrushes in a little cup for us on the sink.
One of the great things about the hotel is the pool and jacuzzi are open 24 hours. The pool was pretty small but that doesn't really make a difference at 4 in the morning when you're the only ones in the pool.
It took us about 7 minutes to walk to the strip from our hotel, and once we got there we were right in the middle of the strip (right across from Caesar's Palace and the Bellagio). Right next door to this hotel is Ellis Island casino, which is small and not as spectacular as the casinos on the strip, but it is nice to be able to walk downstairs to get a drink at their bar (they also brew their own beer there). There is also a 7-11 and a little place to buy cheap vegas souvenirs and clothes right next door.
This hotel has NO resort fees, and even offers a free airport shuttle. Best/cheapest place to stay if you want to be close to the strip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer W
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay with us at the Super 8. I'm very pleased to hear that you had a great 4 day stay with us and that you were happy with our location and price. I'm glad that you were satisfied with all of the great amenities that we offer, including our free airport shuttle and 24 pool and jacuzzi, which are great to cool off in during the summer months, and with the service you received during your stay. I'm also glad that you enjoyed the service and selection at the adjacent restaurant/casino Ellis Island. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you again in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I attended a wedding on the strip this weekend, and stayed at the Super 8, which is practically on the strip, it is so close. We saved a ton of money staying here instead of at a resort, and knew that we would only be at the hotel to sleep at night. The beds were comfortable, the AC worked FANTASTICALLY, and it was relatively quiet. Overall, the most important feature for a hotel in my opinion is my ability to get a good night's sleep, and the Super 8 provided that for a great price. We took a cab back from the Luxor a few times and it cost less than $10. We also walked to Bally's to catch the Monorail down to MGM, which was $10 for 2 one-time passes. I would recommend just catching a cab for the convenience (no added walking) and price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review of your stay with us during the wedding you attended. I'm glad to hear that you chose to stay with us instead of on the strip and that you were very pleased with our price and location. I'm also glad to hear that everything was to your satisfaction during your stay and you had a great nights sleep. I hope you decide to stay with us again if you are ever in Las Vegas in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We often stay at Super 8 when we travel, and we have always been pleased with the value. Unfortunately, this stay was an exception to the rule. We booked our room online, but were told that the room was not available when we arrived. The staff member found another room for us, so we thought we were in good shape. We must have arrived on an off day because the room was not very clean. The carpet was sticky, the the bathrooms were dirty, and there was trash in the sofa bed. Needless to say, we won't be returning to this location on future trips, but we will continue to visit other Super 8 locations.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I'm sorry to hear that your stay was us was less than satisfactory. I would like to apologize for the state of your room upon check in. However, if there is ever anything you are not satisfied with about your room, you need only notify our front desk staff and they would be more than happy to rectify the matter immediately. I can only assume that you were mistakenly checked into a room that had not seen maid service yet. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

I hope you change your mind and decide to give us another chance to serve you in the future. I feel that our Super 8 property can be a wonderful place to stay for those travelling to Las Vegas and I hope we get the opportunity to prove that to you in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The rooms were a cut above motel 6 and okay. Price was about half of what you might pay 2 blocks away on the strip. The adjoining restaurant was the best part, had a great prim rib dinner for a third of the price at the Paris just 2 blocks away.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for the kind words regarding our property. I'm glad that you had a pleasant stay and were pleased with our price. I'm also glad that you enjoyed the restaurant as well. I myself enjoy the prime rib dinnner there. I hope that this pleasant experience will make you decide to stay with us again if you are ever in Las Vegas in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.