Super 8 Las Vegas Strip Area at Ellis Island Casino
Ranked #162 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Albuquerque
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

me and my husband stayed at the super 8 for 3 nights. The check in went very smooth even though we arrived late and the front desk rep was very nice. Parking was hard to find of course since it was late and the parking lot is shared by a small casino. The parking lot on the side by the pool where are room was is very dark and just seems unsafe and I didn't see any type of security. I know that the price is on the lower end for Vegas but still it wasn't that low. When we walked in through the side door to get to our room we were greeted by this awful smell of armpits it was really bad. Then when we got in our room it was down hill. First there was 2 beds which was not cool since I reserved a king bed because this was a special surprise trip to my hubby from me. I got over that part but then when we were getting settled in I noticed the carpet was old and dirty. The blankets on the bed where worn out and very thin. Then sink was all stained and the bathroom floor was old and coming up. The shower floor was sinking in and was worn out. The tv was so old even the front desk rep couldn't believe it. We had to wait till the morning to get the remote from the maintance man because he had all the old tv remotes. We have stayed in this hotel before about 2years ago and it wasn't that bad it seems it needs a lot of tlc and some air fresheners in the hall ways. Its really sad because its in a good location, its a really good price and the staff is really nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas Strip Area at Ellis Island Casino, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I'm sorry to hear if your most recent stay with us was not what you are used to. I see that you stated that you requested a room with a king size bed but were instead given a room with 2 queen beds. If you would have notified the front desk about this, they would have been more than happy to change you to a different room immediately.

Also, I see that you stated that you experienced an unpleasant odor in the hallway. I can assure you that we do have air fresheners in all of our hallways and that the carpets are cleaned and shampooed regularly so I cannot say why this occurred.

I also apologize for the state of your room. I'm very surprised to hear that your room was in the state that you described because we recently went through a multi million dollar renovation that included all the rooms, halls, lobby and pool. Also, we have a very diligent maintenance staff that very good about correcting problems when they happen, and also preventing them from happening before hand.

I hope that this experience does not prevent you from choosing to stay with us again in the future. If there is anything I can do to assist you in the future, please dont hesitate to let me know. If you have any questions about your stay as well, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've stayed in my share of budget hotels, and was expecting the usual budget experience. This Super 8, however, far exceeded my jaded expectations. We were given an expansive king suite with a kitchenette that was both stylish and clean, and most surprisingly, it was quiet! I couldn't believe we didn't hear hallway or neighbor noise during our whole stay. Downstairs in the lobby, which was a super cute retro theme, there were a couple of amazing coffee machines that made gourmet drinks at the push of a button. The room had cute striped carpet, stylish furniture, a very nice roomy bathroom with all neww everything, and it was as clean as a whistle. We were checked in so efficiently I barely remember the front desk encounter at all, but everyone working there was extremely helpful and professional. If you're looking for a nice place to stay on a budget in LV, this is your best bet. Nothing shabby about this place.

Room Tip: Go for the third floor. No noise!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sporkbunny
Thank you for all the kind words about our hotel staff. Nothing pleases me more than to see a guest as happy as you were with every aspect of your stay, from check in to check out. Needless to say, we hope you come stay with us again in the future. If you have any questions about your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you like to have your room cleaned everyday, forget this hotel.
When asking them the reasons why my room was never cleaned, they take a little notebook from the maids and point it out, as to tell me that it is my fault the room was never cleaned.
Not once I received a proper apologie.
When asking for a compensation, I received an ironic response. The next day it was thrown on my face and very humiliating.
NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Just choose another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Las Vegas Strip Area at Ellis Island Casino, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced during your stay. What you experienced is not in keeping with the spirit of Super 8 nor with the high levels of customer service we require our employees to provide to each and every guest. While I am not aware of the specifics of what occurred, it seems to me that the notebook you referred to that was shown to you by our staff was the Do Not Disturb list that our maids take every day while cleaning rooms. If your room was on this list by mistake, I do apologize. I am also not trying to make any excuses as I'm sure that is the last thing you want to hear. What I would like to do, however, is offer you a discount on your next stay with us. If you would like to book this, or if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

When in vegas, the least i want to spend on- is a hotel room, where i can sleep in the morning and wake up late afteroon, and this super 8 was just perfect. Efficient hotel staff - smooth check-in even though there was a queue, and maintainence guy was there in 15 mins when i locked my bathroom door. Bang for the money, with awesome location (next to strip), no 'resort' fees, budget acco, clean room and comfy beds.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the awesome review. I'm glad that everything was to your satisfaction from the moment you checked in until you checked out. I hope that you choose to stay with us again here at the Super 8 the next time you are in Las Vegas. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.