With the ever increasing number of hotels in Las Vegas that are charging ridiculous resort fees, the Super 8 on Koval Lane just off the strip seemed a perfect choice for a 6 night stay. It's location behind Bally's is little more than a 10-minute walk to the strip and very easy to find.
Choosing to travel from the airport by public bus, there are a number of routes that travel close to the hotel. I chose the WAX to Koval @ Tropicana, about a 10-minute walk away, the single fare was $2 or you can buy a day pass which includes the Deuce on the strip for $8.
The check in process was very good and I was in my room on the second floor within a couple of minutes. With the temperature on arrival into Vegas being over 100-degrees F even in May, it was refreshing that the room had a fully functioning air conditioning unit which was very welcome.
The large King size bed was extremely comfortable, the room had a table and two chairs and a very good shower/bath combination and toilet. The room was also equipped with Wi-Fi which functioned well for all 6-days. Very, very pleased for the price.
As with other comments from others below, the walls are certainly thin and you can here noise from connecting rooms. I really didn't find it too much of a problem though.
Koval Lane has a 7-11 store within 2-minutes walk away along with a couple of gas service stations if you require any food or drink during your stay. There are vending machines on each floor although these will cost you a little bit more.
My only gripe for the whole stay was that the hotel seemed quite happy for the residents to use the outdoor pool as late as 4am in the morning, and be loud and boisterous in the process. They should impose a curfew at a respectable hour so those people who want to sleep can.
All in all though, for the price, good rooms and location not too far from the strip, I would certainly not think twice about staying here again. I certainly don't see the point of staying on the strip when you're being ripped off with higher room rates and stupid resort fees for things you wouldn't be likely to use or need. Spend your extra cash in the casinos !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true landmark for almost 50 years, the family-owned Ellis Island Hotel, Casino & Brewery is an affordable, comfortable blend of casino thrills, family-friendly atmosphere and superb dining with a whole lot of warmth and hospitality. Ellis Island Hotel, Casino & Brewery features 289 guest rooms and 12 suites that, while completely renovated, also give you the feel of staying in one of the classic hotels that made Las Vegas famous. From our convenient location near the Strip to affordable rates that make us one of the best values in Las Vegas, we’re the perfect gateway to exactly the Vegas you’ve come to experience. Newly Remodeled Rooms, Heated Pool and Hot Tub, Free WI-FI, Free Parking, Free Local Calls, Interior Corridors, In Room Coffee Makers. Ellis Island Casino features a 24 Hour Village Pub Cafe, BBQ, Metro Pizza and Julio's Tacos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Vegas.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Super 8 Motel Las Vegas Strip Area
- Super Eight Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Super 8
- Las Vegas Super Eight