After staying at a high-end Strip hotel for a company-paid conference, we relocated to this Super 8 for a few days of relaxation on my dime. Unlike the fancy, expensive places, this hotel has FREE WIFI!!!!! Unlike many Strip hotels, this place has a FREE AIRPORT SHUTTLE. Unlike many Strip hotels, this place has an UNCROWDED POOL WITH PLENTY OF LOUNGE CHAIRS and towels. Unlike the fancy Strip hotels, this place has FREE ON-SITE PARKING ( although we didn't need it). The price, even for a weekend,was a fraction of what my employer paid the week before, even with a "special rate", at the fancy-schmancy place. True, there is no continental breakfast in the lobby but about 10 steps away is the Ellis Island Casino and Restaurant which is very popular with the locals. VERY good food 24/7 and VERY INEXPENSIVE. Huge portions. Get a real breakfast over there. Highly recommend! There is a 7-11 next door and another 24 /7 store nearby. Get snacks and drinks there or buy them for a little more money in the well-stocked vending machines at the Super 8. The walk to the strip was 15 minutes to the corner of Flamingo Rd. and Las Vegas Blvd. Between Bally's and the Flamingo: right in the middle of the strip. Bellagio across the street. Not a very scenic walk but safe enough. Or walk in the other direction to Harmon and arrive at The Strip by Planet Hollywood.
Not sure where the "Newly Remodeling" was done. Our room was pretty basic and spartan. Finishes kind of rough (hubby is a contractor and he notices these things). No frills, especially compared to the Fancy Place. Shower had really good pressure. No conditioner,body lotion or shower cap provided. Comfy king-size bed but only one nightstand and lamp. And we both like to read at night. The "headboard" ( a piece of Formica covered wood) was not attached very well and banged the wall. Oh well, what do you expect for under $50 bucks/night! Nice flat screen TV with plenty of cable channels. The hall carpet is HIDEOUS!!! FIre your decorator! Front desk staff was extremely accomodating. They let us check out late since we had a late-day flight, printed our boarding passes and whisked us to the airport for FREE.
If you don't NEED to stay at a casino resort where you are charged for everything but the air you breathe, this Super 8 is worthy of consideration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true landmark for almost 50 years, the family-owned Ellis Island Hotel, Casino & Brewery is an affordable, comfortable blend of casino thrills, family-friendly atmosphere and superb dining with a whole lot of warmth and hospitality. Ellis Island Hotel, Casino & Brewery features 289 guest rooms and 12 suites that, while completely renovated, also give you the feel of staying in one of the classic hotels that made Las Vegas famous. From our convenient location near the Strip to affordable rates that make us one of the best values in Las Vegas, we’re the perfect gateway to exactly the Vegas you’ve come to experience. Newly Remodeled Rooms, Heated Pool and Hot Tub, Free WI-FI, Free Parking, Free Local Calls, Interior Corridors, In Room Coffee Makers. Ellis Island Casino features a 24 Hour Village Pub Cafe, BBQ, Metro Pizza and Julio's Tacos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Vegas.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Super 8 Motel Las Vegas Strip Area
- Super Eight Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Super 8
- Las Vegas Super Eight