My wife and I stayed here one night while on a business trip.We booked through Hotwire, not knowing which hotel we would get, and got a last-minute Saturday night rate around $56, which is very hard to match in Las Vegas, and nearly nonexistent near the Strip.
We used the room mainly to sleep and did not spend much time there. My wife appreciated the security of interior corridors. Our third floor room had an LCD TV, a coffee maker, a sink separate from the bathroom, and a wardrobe area. The bed coverings were very light and we kept the AC on full. The shower water pressure was adequate, but the knobs on both the shower and the sink came off in our hands a few times. The wifi was included in the room rate and generally worked well, though it hesitated at times. Our biggest complaint was noise from an adjacent "meeting room," where a party was being held. With the air conditioner on, it was quite muffled, but noticeable as the partiers turned up the music. We were going out for the night, so didn't call the front desk. However, I would advise future guests to inform management that they do not want to be near a "meeting room" if a party is being held there. (We returned to the room around 12:30am and the meeting room area was quieter b/c they had closed the door).
The room smelled a bit weird and the sheets smelled funny. We did not look for housekeeping misses or inspect the carpet.
This location works best for travelers with a car. It could be walkable to the Strip, but the area isn't really conducive to walking (i.e., vacant lots, poor lighting, not many crosswalks, etc).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true landmark for almost 50 years, the family-owned Ellis Island Hotel, Casino & Brewery is an affordable, comfortable blend of casino thrills, family-friendly atmosphere and superb dining with a whole lot of warmth and hospitality. Ellis Island Hotel, Casino & Brewery features 289 guest rooms and 12 suites that, while completely renovated, also give you the feel of staying in one of the classic hotels that made Las Vegas famous. From our convenient location near the Strip to affordable rates that make us one of the best values in Las Vegas, we’re the perfect gateway to exactly the Vegas you’ve come to experience. Newly Remodeled Rooms, Heated Pool and Hot Tub, Free WI-FI, Free Parking, Free Local Calls, Interior Corridors, In Room Coffee Makers. Ellis Island Casino features a 24 Hour Village Pub Cafe, BBQ, Metro Pizza and Julio's Tacos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Vegas.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Super 8 Motel Las Vegas Strip Area
- Super Eight Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Super 8
- Las Vegas Super Eight