“Fair but conveniently located”

Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #134 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night while on a business trip.We booked through Hotwire, not knowing which hotel we would get, and got a last-minute Saturday night rate around $56, which is very hard to match in Las Vegas, and nearly nonexistent near the Strip.

We used the room mainly to sleep and did not spend much time there. My wife appreciated the security of interior corridors. Our third floor room had an LCD TV, a coffee maker, a sink separate from the bathroom, and a wardrobe area. The bed coverings were very light and we kept the AC on full. The shower water pressure was adequate, but the knobs on both the shower and the sink came off in our hands a few times. The wifi was included in the room rate and generally worked well, though it hesitated at times. Our biggest complaint was noise from an adjacent "meeting room," where a party was being held. With the air conditioner on, it was quite muffled, but noticeable as the partiers turned up the music. We were going out for the night, so didn't call the front desk. However, I would advise future guests to inform management that they do not want to be near a "meeting room" if a party is being held there. (We returned to the room around 12:30am and the meeting room area was quieter b/c they had closed the door).

The room smelled a bit weird and the sheets smelled funny. We did not look for housekeeping misses or inspect the carpet.

This location works best for travelers with a car. It could be walkable to the Strip, but the area isn't really conducive to walking (i.e., vacant lots, poor lighting, not many crosswalks, etc).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from meetings rooms, where late night parties may be held.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of our property. I'm pleased to see that, for the most part, you enjoyed your stay with just a few minor issues, namely the adjacent meeting room to the room you were staying in. I apologize if this caused you any inconvenience during your stay.

I'm glad you were satisfied with all of the different amenities we offer and also that you felt we were a good value for our location. I'm also glad that you felt safe here at the hotel. I hope that the next time you come through Las Vegas, you choose to stay with us again.

If you have any questiosn about your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Reviewed May 3, 2013

but this one made a pretty good deal for us.

A kid-spit from the strip, nice staff, everything that you need if you do not car about sleeping in New-York New York or The Ceasar Palace :)

We totally recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us at the Super 8. I'm glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with no issues. Thank you very much for the high recommendation. I'm pleased that you consider us a good value with everything one would need for a great stay near the strip. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Las Vegas. If you have any questions about your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank greymare82
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in March 2013. Average hotel. Clean but nothing else. The service is horrible. You need ask for towels every day. It is difficult to find the rooms. It was not a good choice. It is close to Ellis Island.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

I'm sorry to hear if your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I see that you stated that you were unhappy with the service and that your towels were not replenished by housekeeping. I apologize about this inconvenience and can only think that one of two things occurred: that housekeeping thought that your towels were unused and therefore did not replace them or that you had a do not disturb sign on your door during the cleaning hours and housekeeping did not come in to service the room. I am not trying to excuse what happened, merely trying to figure out why it happened. Again I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I hope that this issue did not sour you on staying with us again in the future as I feel the Super 8 is a wonderful place to stay while in Las Vegas for those that want to be close to all the strip action without paying the strip prices. If you have any questions for me, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Amy B
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked a 4-night stay from Friday to Tuesday (19-23 Apr) through Travelocity. Check in was quick and easy, rep at the desk could not have been more friendly. After check in enjoyed a cup of coffee in lobby area. Room was clean and neat, no smell of smoking at all. Bed was very comfortable, nice flat panel TV, coffee maker. Bathroom was very clean. (Yes I have watched "Hotel Impossible" and know what to look for.) Room service personnel take real pride in cleaning the rooms! We walked about 5 minutes to the strip, not having any parking hassles. Issues or problems? None at all with this AAA rated hotel. (Show your card and save) Checkout was equally quick, turned in my room cards and I was done. Yes, I had a great stay. Only suggestion I have is a TV channel guide sheet to select channels. I will use this hotel again on my trips to Las Vegas. No need to read hundreds of other hotel reviews, this is a very good place to stay.. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Korval Lane can be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LocalGuySDCA

Thank you for the kind words and recommendation for our property. I'm glad to see that you had such a great stay and enjoyed all of the different amenities we offer. I'm also extremely pleased to hear that our staff was so friendly and helpful during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.