“Great stop to airport.”

Ranked #133 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 21, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Vern B
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Room didn't look like any room from the website. Just a regular run down hotel. Thought microwave in room and continental breakfast, got neither. Everything smelled like a smoking room.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I'm very sorry if you were less than fully satisfied with your stay with us here at the Super 8 in Las Vegas. It is our goal here to make each and every guest feel warm and welcome and then leave with a desire to return to our property. I am dismayed that we did not succeed in that with you.

I see that you were unsatisfied with your rooms appearance as it did not reflect the pictures you saw online. I'm not sure which website you visited, but I can assure you that we only post pictures of our hotel on our website. Also, nowhere do we advertise microwaves in rooms or a continental breakfast. The only thing I can conclude from this is that maybe you were looking at the website of a different Super 8. Regardless, I do apologize that you were unsatisfied and I hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had stayed at Super 8s two years ago from Reno to Minnesota in a two week adventure. So, we probably stayed at 5 during our trip - at all of them there was breakfast. The reason we chose to stay with you was because of the breakfast and free WiFi. We had no idea, it was not mentioned on the website or anywhere, that this location did not have breakfast. That made it very inconvenient for us. I was very disappointed that there was no breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I apologize if there was some kind of confusion regarding our Super 8 in Las Vegas. As you stated, we do not serve a breakfast here at our location as there is a wonderful 24 hour restaurant in the adjacent casino. We have not served a breakfast here for quite a few years and we do not advertise a breakfast at this location. I hope this fact did not sour you on stayng at our property as I feel that this is a wonderful place to stay with many amenities to offer, despite having no breakfast. I hope you consider us in the future. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Recommended as low option, cost was twice that of the person that recommended, rooms were obviously old and not kept up to date. Felt a bit unsafe here. Not a place I would eat breakfast, lobby dingy and inviting.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay with us here at the Super 8. As you stated, we are a low cost option for those wanting to stay near the strip but not pay strip prices and also not sacrifice customer service and cleanliness. While I'm not sure who recommended you to us or what rate they had during their stay, I can tell you that our rate changes on a daily basis due to our occupancy, what day of the week it is, or if there is some sort of convention or event happening in town. It could be one of these cases why your rate was different then the person who recommended you to us. It's always a good idea to call a hotel you are statying at in advance to check rates that way there are no surprises when you arrive.

I would be curious to hear why you felt a bit "unsafe" at our property seeing as how we employ a 24 hour security staff. Also, I'm a bit surprised to hear that you felt our rooms were old and out of date seeing as we recently underwent a multi million dollar renovation that included all of the rooms, hallways, lobby and pool area.

I hope that you reconsider and decide to give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. I feel that the Super 8 is a wonderful place to stay in Las Vegas and I would love another chance to prove that to you. If you have any questions regarding your stay, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.