2,642 results
All reviewsfree airport shuttlesteak dinneroff the stripsmall casinocoffee makervegasflamingobellagiogambling
Reviewed January 16, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Reviewed January 14, 2013

If you want a bed rash, no sleep and poor customer service, don't hesitate to book a room at the Super 8 on Koval Lane asap.

Extra bonuses include being awakened by the fire alarm at 1:00 am (not once, but 6 more times before morning , I kid you not) and all staff are proud holders of "Worst Customer Service of the Year Award"

Upon waking on my sleepless "fire alarm" night at this dive hotel, I asked the manager if they had the fire alarm fixed. She laughed at me and said "didn't get any sleep , did you?" then walked to the back room. Her childish attitude was shocking, to say the least.

Before arrival, I booked a hotel shuttle to pick me up from the airport- it arrived an hour later than scheduled. I called the hotel about 45 minutes in, where a staff member named Grace yelled at me, said "IT WILL BE THERE!!!!!!" and hung up the phone on me. Thanks Grace.

Yelling seems to be the norm here....after about the 4th fire alarm on the night of the 13th, (out of 6 total fire alarms) I called the front desk and asked the man what's going on with all the fire alarms. To which, he yelled at me and said "IT"S A FALSE ALARM!!!!!!!NOTHING I CAN DO MA'AM"!!!!!! then hung up on me. I swear, Super 8, you're ridiculous. I'll never stay here again. I cut my stay short and moved to another hotel.

Oh, and let's not forget waking up with a complete rash on my body from the bedsheets. I had to wear my jacket all day at my business meeting to cover up my arms. This place is a nightmare.

Whoever owns this place, I challenge you to survive a night here.
Have fun with the heating system.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. I hear the Comfort Inn has similar prices and it's not too far from here.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

I'm very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than ideal. I want to personally apologize for the issue we experienced with our fire alarm that evening. A guest in one of the rooms on the first floor damaged the fire alarm in their room which caused the alarm to go off in the entire hotel. Our diligent front desk staff immediately called the fire department and the alarm system company to have someone come out to shut it off as they were unable to do so. I am well aware of the inconvenience this could cause and rest assured every step was taken that night to rectify the matter as quickly as possible. While I know an apology does little to get back your lost sleep, you have my sincerest apology nevertheless.

In regards to a rash you say you suffered here, I can assure you that all of our sheets, blankets, pillow cases, etc. are washed daily with non-allergic, irritant free detergent.

Finally, I questioned the two employees you claimed yelled at you during your stay and both deny doing any such thing. We here at Super 8 hold all of our employees to the highest standards of honesty and integrity. For this reason, I do not think they would lie to me about a matter of this import. However, I do not wish to accuse you of being less than truthful either. I know you have your reasons for not wishing to stay here again. However, I would like to offer you a free night's stay with us, as an apology, if you would like to give us another chance. This issue we experienced with the fire alarm is not the norm. Our property is a wonderful place to stay while in Las Vegas and I hope we can show you that someday.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Warm Regards,

Robin Strickland
Guest Services Supervisor
Super 8

Reviewed January 8, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Reviewed January 1, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Super 8 Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013