“Great Staff Good Location”

Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #136 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 14, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

There are newer reviews for Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for one night, and we did not expect this to be a four or three or even a two star hotel, so our expectations were not that high. The room was about the size we expected it to be, which was fine, especially when we are only in the room to sleep and shower. However, when you are in a hotel room, and are afraid of taking your socks off because the carpet is so filthy, it makes your stay very unpleasant. I am not a picky person either. The carpet in the room was horribly dirty, and I can't understand why they would not spend the time to steam clean. In future trips I can honestly say that if we are unable to find a room on the strip, I would much rather prefer staying somewhere else and have to drive to the strip rather than walk. We will not stay there again.....that is until we hear they got some pride in the property and started taking better care of the place.

Room Tip: Unlike other hotels in Vegas, you are NOT allowed to check in before 3PM even if room is available.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm very sorry to hear that you were displeased with your room. We here at Super 8 pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our hotel. If there is ever any issue with your room, you should notify our staff and they will be more than happy rectify the issue immediately or move you to a room that is more to your liking.
Howver, I can assure you that our carpets are shampooed regularly and the carpets in the rooms are all fairly new seeing as we recently underwent a hotel-wide renovation which included replacing all the carpets in the rooms and hallways. So I am a bit surprised to hear that the carpet in your room was as dirty as you describe. But, I do apologize and I am dismayed to hear that you will not offer us another opportunity to serve you in the future. I hope that you reconsider and that you allow us to show you that we do "take pride" in our property and that the Super 8 can be a great place to stay while in Las Vegas.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 12, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room was nice but the bath room could be a little cleaner they forget the floor edges. The driver of the shuttle was very nice and helpful /we didn't see a breakfast just coffee.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm pleased to hear that your stay was overall satisfactory and that our shuttle driver was so helpful and friendly. I am, however, a bit dismayed that your room was not to your satisfaction. Our housekeeping staff works tirelessly to ensure that all rooms are cleaned with the utmost care, yet sometimes things get missed. If you ever see something in the room that does not look like it has seen attention, please notify our staff immediately and they will be more than happy to rectify the matter. Also, I apologize if there was any confusion, but we do not offer a continental breakfast here. I hope that you enjoyed your stay and would consider booking with us again in the future. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Was here for a 2 night pleasure trip so knew I was only going to need a place to crash as I was out all the time ! However I did not mean to slum it all the same ? The Super 8 was worth the gamble and ticked all the box's for a budget buy place to stay that was a 10 minute walk to all the action, had parking and was clean but most of all I found the staff could not do enough for me.

I was here solo however the eight would be equally fine for a couple who want comfort,safety and a clean budget based place to stay in Vegas.

Room Tip: I was at the front of the hotel and it was still quiet enough.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you for the kind words regarding our property and the praise for our staff. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Super 8. It is our goal to provide the very best customer service at low, affordable prices in a warm, friendly environment and I'm glad we succeeded with you. I hope that you come back and see us again soon. If you have any questions or would like to book with us again, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Warm Regards,