“Super 8 Vegas? Yes please!”

Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #136 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I came in middle of May for a small family get together at a near-by big strip casino. Vegas was hot and busy and I found the Super 8 Las Vegas to be very conveniently located and extremely easy to navigate and just made everything go smooth. I think staying here really helped my overall experience in Vegas be wonderful. I'm happy to have met some staff members such as Lisa, Tu, and James. Wish I could name some more, but the entire staff was fantastic, even the engineers on my room level helped me find my room when they noticed me walking behind them. The beds were amazing, loved the overall look, and loved the hot chocolate in the lobby. Great value! I haven't been to vegas for 3 years and I will be back again soon and would love to be able to stay at this hotel again thanks to my overall amazing time. My only complaint was that it was hot, but hey, the hotel cooled me down fast in the nice pool. Great times!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sven R
James C, Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Hello,

We at Super 8 want to thank you for the kind words you gave the property and our individual employees. It is always wonderful to hear how helpful and courteous the staff was but also that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is have everyone that enters our doors feel welcomed and your comments help us feel that we are doing just that. Thank you and please come stay with us again. If there is anything we can do for you contact me at rcbooker@super8vegas.com.

Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed May 12, 2012

If you are looking for conspicuous luxury, this is not the place. For great value at a rock bottom price, this is an excellent choice. My room was clean on arrival and they did a pretty good job of keeping it that way. I had two maintenance issues that were fixed very quickly. The room wasn't huge, but right-sized. A/C worked well, and the LCD television was nice. Best of all was the helpfulness of the front desk crew. For best prices you should reserve in advance. If you are interested in rewards, book thru Windham. My rewards will go directly to Southwest Rapid Rewards, but other programs are available.

In theory this property is only 2 blocks from the strip, but LV blocks are equal to 4 blocks in other cities. Buses in LV seem very comfortable, and there is a N-S stop in front of the motel, with an E-W stop 1/2 block North on Flamingo.

There is a small casino with restaurant next door, called Ellis Island. Many folks seem to like it. I thought it was OK, but a little disappointing. See separate review.

Room Tip: The single rooms have a king sized bed, which IMHO is too big for the room. There was only room for...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BiffCanlett
James C, Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

We want to thank you for the kind words in respects to our property. It is always our goal to provide great service at a low price for all of our valued patrons. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to give us feedback which is very valuable. If you ever want to stay with us again or have questions about anything, contact me at 702-794-0888 or email at rcbooker@super8vegas.com

Warm regards,

Ryan booker

Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Flat screen TV. New bedding. Clean. New carpet. Quiet. Great rates if you search. Stayed an extra night so I sampled two rooms. Excellent restaurant at Ellis Island.

• Stayed: May 2012

We would like to thank you for such a kind review of our property. We are ecstatic that 21 years after your first arrival you decided to stay with us and had a good time. Guest like yourselves make this job worth having and we appreciate your patronage. If you ever want to stay with us again or have any questions; please contact me at 702-794-0888 or email at rcbooker@super8vegas.com.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Was here 21 years ago and nothing has changed. Loved it then, love it now. This time with the wife. Budget hotel one block from 'The Strip' No B'fast, No fridge. Does it matter, not one jot!!
Ellis Island next door, Ice maker in the corridor, Swimming pool out the back, coffee machine in reception, 'The Strip' one block away. Friendly, helpfull staff, Ellis Island next door. Clean rooms with large bed. Have not stayed at mirage, or TI or cesars so cannot compare but with Ellis Island next door and only one block away from the 'Strip' why would I want to, Super, sorry Simples! Can you guess I rearly enjoyed this place, Twice!! Free airport shuttle also ;-))

1  Thank legiN52
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Have stayed here a few times and the Super 8 continues to provide very good value so close to the Strip. It is only a few minutes walk from Ballys, Caesars Palace, The Flamingo and Balagios. The only downside is that the immediate area around the hotel can seem a little intimidating particularly late at night.

Great parking is available and a nice pool - although it is very small so soon full on hot days.

Air conditioner was not working when we arrived but was quickly and efficiently fixed. Rooms seemed to have had some makeover and provided good basic accommodation.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back are quieter - those overlooking Koval Lane at the front have a better view...
2  Thank Instep
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We wanted to stay in las Vegas for 2 more and the Luxor price was far too expensive. Since we were on a budget I decided to look elsewhere. I booked into Super 8 for 2 nights and was very impressed. Even though the hotel is not on the srip it's only a 10 min walk (max) from the Strip. It had a pool and spa and you were not charged the extortionate resort fees the other hotels charge to use it. You even get a free betting voucher.

Room Tip: Worth it for the price!
4  Thank Spils
James C, Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

We would like to thank you for your kind words in regards to our property. Our mission is to provide affordable and clean accomodations for patrons looking to be by the strip without the strip price. We are super happy that our property was enjoyable for you and we hope that you stay with us again. Please contact me if you need anything or have any questions about a future stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

So my husband & I stayed here back in February for a quick turnaround trip. This little gem was also where we stayed the very first time he took me to Vegas back in December of 2000. They've made some major upgrades since then. They have new beds, flat screen TV's, and new linens. The location can't be beat - it's definitely within a reasonable walking distance to the Strip. It sits next to Ellis Island, which is a locals spot, so you know it's the bomb, where they offer a $8 steak dinner. You gotta love that! The facility is clean and modern and hey this is Vegas - you don't spend all your time in your room - you spend it exploring, so save yourself a few hundred bucks, and stay here. I'm super impressed with Super 8. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: AAA members get an ever better rate. Use it if you have it!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple