“Great place off the beaten path”

Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #110 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

If you've stayed in a Residence Inn anywhere you know the setup. All suites with breakfast (and sometimes happy hour) included.

This location is very convenient to the Las Vegas strip yet offers a sea of tranquility from all the craziness. As I was here on business, it was a perfect choice. Room was clean and neat. Completely satisfied with everything. Would have been 5 stars except that this location does not offer a appetizers in the evening.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian C
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear Brian C,

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, or the "Sea of Tranquility" as you so elegantly put. Our hotel does provide great escape from much of the Vegas madness, yet, still close enough for you to get out and experience it if you like. I saw that you did not get to partake in one of our Social Receptions; we do offer these on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and every other Thursday. These offer a light meal along with complimentary beer, wine, and soda.
We hope to have you back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I attended a convention in Vegas late June and stayed at the Residence Inn. It had everything a conventioneer would ask for-right across from the convention center, right across from the monorail, and a wonderful place to come home to after a long hot day. We had a great bed, a kitchenette, and an eating/tv watching space right in the middle of a beautiful apartment complex. The breakfast each day was lovely and you couldn't beat the pool on those 111 degree days. last but certainly not least the staff were wonderful-we filled out a grocery ordering card in the morning and, in the afternoon, had all of our favorite food. Would love to stay there again!

Room Tip: they're all good, but we liked NOT staying near the pool
1  Thank YujiOda
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear YugiOda,

Thanks for the kind review and your recent stay with us. We have a "Gem" of a location when coming to attend a convention and the Apartment style feel gives you that home away from home atmosphere. The amenities such as the grocery shopping, complimentary hot breakfast buffet, and the full kitchens in every room, just put the icing on top.

Thank you again!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Residence Inn Convention Center is a nice alternative to the typical Vegas high rise hotel and offers many conveniences. In my opinion, it is worth it to rent a car to get around Las Vegas, even if it is just to visit the Strip hotels and casinos. Every location except Fremont Street venues offers free parking. The Residence Inn has parking at your door. However, the other advantage is the location across from the Convention Center and monorail, both are an easy walk. It is a longer hike to the LVH Las Vegas Hotel (now the WVS) where many convention activities can also take place, but it is quite do-able, certainly less than ½ of a mile.

I stayed in a Queen Studio with beautiful stainless steel and granite kitchen, including a convenient icemaker in the full refrigerator. There is even a dishwasher. Other units offer fireplaces (it was 113 degrees so that was not appealing) or two full bedrooms. Remember, many of the units are up one flight (I prefer those) but make sure to ask at check-in if you need to stay on the main level; there are no elevators. The hotel is relatively quiet considering the area. I was in the back section which is not particularly scenic but was very quiet.

A superb amenity is the full hot breakfast every morning, it is very extensive. Starts at 6:30 am weekdays, 7:00 am weekends. Free newspapers (USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and Las Vegas paper) are stacked daily by the food area. There is a good-sized pool but it is only 3-5 feet deep (typical of Vegas hotels). I didn’t find the water consistently warm even though it was summer, it depends on the sunshine during the day. The HD television offers a good selection of channels, and some, but not all, are in HD. The wireless internet is excellent for most daily uses, but for those who have streaming or intense needs, you can upgrade to $5.00 a day service. From time to time, it loses the signal for a few minutes, so just hang on, it comes back. There is a nice worktable and executive chair for business activities.

The central cooling unit with thermostat is handy, but unfortunately when the fan and unit kicks on it can be a disturbingly loud roar. It is more effective than the typical in-wall units found at many hotels, but it would be helpful if there was a setting for a lower fan speed or for a continuous fan.

Two other features of note are a guest laundry room, and selected weeknights offer a reception with beer and wine, soft drinks, and light food, like sandwiches and snacks.

This Residence Inn offers real value for a more peaceful stay amid the craziness of Las Vegas. For conventioneers, you cannot find a more convenient location and blend of amenities. For those with a car, it is easy to come and go and the traffic is much lighter in this area, and those without one can cross the street to the monorail.

Room Tip: The rooms directly behind the main building are beautifully tree shaded and are closer to the mornin...

Dear Garyrc,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and the great information you provided future travelers about our hotel. It sounded as if you were able to take advantage of many of our amenities that we offer at our hotel. I am not sure if you were here for a short trip or a long one, but the amenities you mentioned are perfect for the extended stay traveler.

We hope to host you again in the near future when your travels bring you back to Las Vegas.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had a problem coming up with a rating for this hotel, so I averaged the 5 stars I would have given it if I had slept on the bed, and the no stars I give it having spent 4 nights on the sofabed. First and foremost you go to a hotel for a place to sleep, and they failed in providing that.

PROS: The location is perfect if you are there for a conference, and good enough if you are on a longer vacation and want to stay away from the strip. The monorail is right across the street if you choose to use it (which I did). It is quiet and the breakfasts are fine, if repetitive. The kitchen is great and there is a grill outside which I saw others use. The place is really clean and the wifi works. This is great value for the price. I really appreciated not having to experience smoke and casino darkness, especially in the mornings.

CONS: The number one problem I had is that the sofabed was a totally worn out mattress with lumps and springs poking everywhere. I was sharing the room with a very inexperienced traveller who would have been very put off by me complaining, which is why I did not demand a room change after midnight (my arrival time). I did leave a note on the complaint form in the room. For parents thinking of staying here, there is no division between the bed area and the sofabed area, so putting kids in one or the other means you will have similar bedtimes. I would not put a child on that sofabed anyway. There is also limited cab traffic to the hotel, so you need to call for them if you don't have a car or the monorail is inconvenient.

In sum, this was perfect for a single or couple who don't want the casino experience 24/7 or for a single at a conference across the street. For those who actually want to use the second place to sleep; go somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you are nervous about personal safety, you might prefer the second floor rooms. If really nervou...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Lorraine934,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and the feedback you provided. I was happy to read about the amenities you did enjoy while staying at our hotel but disappointed to hear that we failed in providing you accommodations to allow for a proper nights rest. I would like to gain some additional information from you so that I can have our team look at the sofa bed in the room you stayed in so we can address the situation promptly. If you can contact me via e-mail or phone listed below at your convenience, this will allow me to get the information needed to correct the situation.

I am very sorry about this experience and really appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can rectify the situation.

casey.grieme@marriott.com
(702) 352-2450 phone

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I also attended a convention and stayed at the Residence Inn. This was the first time at a Residence Inn and I have to say I was impressed. Because I was lucky enough to drive down, I found a Smiths grocery store a short drive away and bought enough groceries to stock my fridge.

The full kitchen was great (wish they had Saran Wrap for cooking) except the pathetic water pressure in the sink (room 2011). Staff were very pleasant, breakfast buffet was pretty good, except for the canned fruit.

This is a hotel I would stay at again while visiting Las Vegas, especially attending a convention.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Disneyfans48,

Thank you very much for experiencing our hotel while attending a convention right across the street. Like you, many others do enjoy our convenient location to the many different attractions that Las Vegas has to offer. We hope to host you again in the future even if you next trip is just for fun!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed one night while attending a convention at the Convention Center. The location was great! It's right across the street from the Convention Center. It's also across the street from a Monorail stop so if you want to go to the strip it's just a short ride. My room was super clean and comfy and it had a small balcony, which would have been wonderful had it not been over 100 outside. All of the service I received was excellent. They do not have any covered parking, which can be brutal, but Alex at the front desk clued me in on where to park to keep my car cooler. He was spot on with his tip! My bed was very firm, which I love, and it was very quiet. I slept like the dead. The only downside to this place was the limited menu at the tiny café in the lobby (I had to drive somewhere to find supper) and the fact that I paid $200 - yes, $200 - for one single night. Considering the lack of a real restaurant and the simplicity of the place, this was highway robbery charged only because of its proximity to the Convention Center. But it was important to me to be close to that location. I would stay again if I could get a better deal - a way better deal!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Sue J,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and your feedback. I was happy to hear that your room was clean, comfortable, and the service provided by the staff was excellent. Our proximity to the Las Vegas Convention Center does make us a top choice for many Convention attendees throughout the year increasing the demand for our hotel. This does involve some rate fluctuations but it's important that we remain competitive with our Market.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to be able to host you again in the near future. We are currently working on a "Bounce Back" offer that will provide a nice discount to our past guest. This offer will be listed on Marriott.com once completed.

Dual General Manager
Las Vegas Residence Inn and Courtyard Convention Center

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This was the second time we'd stayed here for a convention. Both times check-in involved drama and delays - extended negotiations to get the kind of room we wanted. It seems they are inflexible about block bookings and are looking for any opportunity to hike the rate.

We took a 2 storey 2 bed unit. It was okay. The beds are small and not particularly comfortable and the top floor bedroom got hot despite cranking the a/c , which was pretty noisy.

I don't understand why hotels haven't moved into the 21st century with their TV services.

I did like the fact that it was just a short walk to the convention centre. But that also means it's not near good restaurants so we did use the kitchen in the unit more than we wanted to.

All in all, it's okay. Not great value.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Maria T, Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center. My team and I are glad you opted to give us try and were happy with your decision. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the future.