“Good choice”

Ranked #111 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Provo, Utah
“Good choice”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I also attended a convention and stayed at the Residence Inn. This was the first time at a Residence Inn and I have to say I was impressed. Because I was lucky enough to drive down, I found a Smiths grocery store a short drive away and bought enough groceries to stock my fridge.

The full kitchen was great (wish they had Saran Wrap for cooking) except the pathetic water pressure in the sink (room 2011). Staff were very pleasant, breakfast buffet was pretty good, except for the canned fruit.

This is a hotel I would stay at again while visiting Las Vegas, especially attending a convention.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Disneyfans48,

Thank you very much for experiencing our hotel while attending a convention right across the street. Like you, many others do enjoy our convenient location to the many different attractions that Las Vegas has to offer. We hope to host you again in the future even if you next trip is just for fun!

Casey Grieme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed one night while attending a convention at the Convention Center. The location was great! It's right across the street from the Convention Center. It's also across the street from a Monorail stop so if you want to go to the strip it's just a short ride. My room was super clean and comfy and it had a small balcony, which would have been wonderful had it not been over 100 outside. All of the service I received was excellent. They do not have any covered parking, which can be brutal, but Alex at the front desk clued me in on where to park to keep my car cooler. He was spot on with his tip! My bed was very firm, which I love, and it was very quiet. I slept like the dead. The only downside to this place was the limited menu at the tiny café in the lobby (I had to drive somewhere to find supper) and the fact that I paid $200 - yes, $200 - for one single night. Considering the lack of a real restaurant and the simplicity of the place, this was highway robbery charged only because of its proximity to the Convention Center. But it was important to me to be close to that location. I would stay again if I could get a better deal - a way better deal!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Sue J,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and your feedback. I was happy to hear that your room was clean, comfortable, and the service provided by the staff was excellent. Our proximity to the Las Vegas Convention Center does make us a top choice for many Convention attendees throughout the year increasing the demand for our hotel. This does involve some rate fluctuations but it's important that we remain competitive with our Market.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to be able to host you again in the near future. We are currently working on a "Bounce Back" offer that will provide a nice discount to our past guest. This offer will be listed on Marriott.com once completed.

Casey Grieme
Dual General Manager
Las Vegas Residence Inn and Courtyard Convention Center
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This was the second time we'd stayed here for a convention. Both times check-in involved drama and delays - extended negotiations to get the kind of room we wanted. It seems they are inflexible about block bookings and are looking for any opportunity to hike the rate.

We took a 2 storey 2 bed unit. It was okay. The beds are small and not particularly comfortable and the top floor bedroom got hot despite cranking the a/c , which was pretty noisy.

I don't understand why hotels haven't moved into the 21st century with their TV services.

I did like the fact that it was just a short walk to the convention centre. But that also means it's not near good restaurants so we did use the kitchen in the unit more than we wanted to.

All in all, it's okay. Not great value.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Maria T, Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center. My team and I are glad you opted to give us try and were happy with your decision. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the future.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed 2-nights @ Res Inn, 2 bedroom multi-level room was perfect for my 6 Grandkids. Plenty of room for sleeping and the 2 bathrooms were handy. Kids enjoyed swimming at the pool and the morning breakfast was nicely stocked and replenished quickly. The rooms and grounds were clean and close enough to the monorail (across the street) or a few blocks drive to the strip. Very quiet location for sleeping :) Would recommend this place for extended stays as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed here with my family: my Mom, Grandma, sister, brother-in-law, their toddler son and a cousin and her 16 year old daughter. Whew. Suffice it to say, it's great that we had the space to accommodate everybody. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite with a bed in the upstairs loft, a murphy bed in the office area and a bed in the pullout sofa. Fortunately, there are two full bathrooms so there were no lines.

The room itself contains modern amenities: electric stove, flat screen TV's, FREE Wi-Fi (though, it could be spotty once in a while, but overall quite reliable). The kitchen contains pots/pans, cups, plates, cutlery.

Breakfast is great and usually runs between 7:30 am to 9:30 am (depending on day). They serve both hot (eggs, bacon, waffles, oatmeal) and cold (cereals, fruits, yogurt) options. I wasn't a fan of the coffee so I chose the various tea options.

If you have a car, it's a great place to stay since it's out of the Strip, but still easily accessible (parking is free). The tram stop is just a stone's throw away or you could always call a cab.

The staff is very helpful. We checked in well after midnight, but the clerk welcomed me with a smile. Upon checkout, the clerk called me a cab as well as expedited my check out.

Other amenities on the premise include a pool, basketball court and several BBQ outlets. I wish they had an onsite gym, but I believe the Courtyard next door provides free gym access.

If I'm traveling with a group, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't think there is any bad area to select from. We were in building 7 and it was quiet durin...