“Great place to stay in the middle of craziness”

Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #109 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Riverside, California
“Great place to stay in the middle of craziness”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel feels like a modest, quiet little oasis of pleasantness in the midst of the concrete, neon and craziness of Las Vegas (this is, of course, assuming you don't enjoy the culture of The Strip). Comfortable and visually attractive accommodations, helpful desk workers, excellent breakfast, and even some green grass down the middle of the complex as you walk to your suite. No blinking, noisy machines in the lobby. There is cable internet there, but wireless only at the front desk building. The convention center is right across the street, along with a monorail station, should you wish to travel to the strip. Not great for restaurant choices right nearby. My only suggestions would be that they provide wireless to the rooms, and keep the coffee station going all day after the breakfast service shuts down.

Room Tip: Suites upstairs, looking in on the green, are very pleasant.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TCKtraveler8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed at this Marriott when it was opened maybe 12 years ago and it is exactly the same today as it was then.It has never been re-painted, touched up, or re- newed in any way. It is the same today as it was then. The same old tv's the same old furniture and the same old carpet.

The fitness room is an antique and the tread mills the old ones with the crowns in the miiddle they are truly dangerous.

The property is a disgrace and Marriott should be ashamed to have their name on it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Bart85
draolv, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you for your review on September 6th. We deeply regret the experience you had while a guest of the Residence Inn. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

I would be remiss, however, if I did not mention that the hotel did complete a room renovation last year and will be completing the renovation project starting in 11 days. New LCD TV’s, carpet, and seating were installed last year. This year will be completing the kitchen and bathroom areas with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, and flooring along with new drapes and artwork in every room.

If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact myself directly at your earliest convenience. You can reach me at ----------

Dinesh Rao
Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and since we were traveling with my son we enjoyed having the two bedrooms, living room and kitchen. (Which is why we chose the residence inn, as we often do on vacation.) The grounds are nice, the staff helpful, and the breakfast decent and well stocked. We had a car which gave us the flexibility we needed but if someone is there without a car you need to be aware that it is quite a distance from the strip. The Monorail is across the street but it is fairly secluded from the hotel (at least when we were and when you get off the monorail you are behind the hotels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank flo220
Mary M, Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Dear dickannet:

Thank you for your recent review. We deeply regret the experience you had while a guest of the Residence Inn. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations especially regarding our beds as all of our beds were just replaced this past July.

I have forwarded your constructive comments onto the appropriate team members. These issues will be addressed during our upcoming weekly Improvement Meetings. This feedback is very valuable and we greatly appreciate it.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This property is located directly across the street from the Las Vegas convention center. It is IDEAL for anyone attending a conference or even there! It's much closer than any other hotel (except the Hilton). The full hot breakfast was well maintained every morning, despite a fully sold out hotel. The nightly managers reception service was friendly. Not as elaborate as other hotel receptions, but a terrific value. Having a kitchen was nice for leftover dinners. The carpet in my room could use updating, but the TV was new. And free internet made this a bargain! I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel and would return if attending another conference.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, it has a great location right off of the strip. There were plenty of options for Resturants nearby and within walking distance of the monorail. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
CA
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Our family had to stay in Vegas for schedule reasons on our way to Utah but didn't really want to be there. This place was a pleasant surprise. We could barely tell we were in Vegas. The hotel has a lot of property and is surrounded by a gated parking lot. It was surprisingly quiet. The outdoor pool was great, and we also made use of the fitness center at their other property next door. My daughter and I enjoyed their sport court (i.e., baskeball hoop). Room was clean and comfortable. My one complaint was that the sofa bed mattress was unbearable, like sleeping on paper-covered springs (had to sleep on the couch instead); we mentioned this when leaving and they said they'd been getting several complaints with those new mattresses. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was plentiful and good. The guests didn't seem like the typical Vegas crowd. And for people who actually WANT to be in Vegas, the location is quite good, you can catch the monorail that runs from the convention center to a bunch of hotels.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I really didn't want to stay on The Strip on my recent visit to Vegas. I was happy to find this Residence Inn very close to the Strip (very close!), yet much quieter and no hassle of parking (lots of free parking here).

When I checked in, the front desk girl was soooo nice! First of all, she upgraded me to a 2 bedroom suite (a bottom floor bedroom and an upper floor bedroom / loft) with 2 complete bathrooms! I loved the room. She also provided me with a ton of information on Las Vegas, including where to go for free parking, etc. (a lot of the casinos want you to come in and offer free parking garages - don't ever pay to park in Vegas!). I appreciated all the information.

The grounds are magnificent. You can see by my photographs the manicured grounds. There's a common garden area with benches, and a barbeque grill. There's also a fabulous pool and there was a hot tub right outside my room. The hotel is very big, with several buildings. It is more like an apartment complex than a hotel.

The rooms are fully equipped with everything - including fast Internet (it's not wi-fi). I had 2 TVs, a living room, full kitchen, and the 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms. It was very clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable - standard excellent Marriott quality.

After a night on the Strip, I was glad I picked a hotel away from it. It's noisy and crowded on the Strip and I don't particularly care for all those very high-rise hotels. My choice could not have been more perfect.

The breakfast in the morning is the icing on the cake. It was a delicious full breakfast bar in a sunny, large room over by the pool area - couldn't be better.

Also, not that I cared, but this hotel is located right next to the convention center. It is also only a few steps away from a little metro-rail public transportation thing - if you choose not to drive around the Strip.

As great as this hotel was, the best thing about it was the staff. All fantastic! I reallly enjoyed my stay here. Oh, and the perfect Las Vegas weather didn't hurt!

And the price - very reasonable for Vegas. No complaints there.

p.s. If it sounds like I own stock in Marriott, I can assure you I don't - I am just really lucky with them. I'll rate a Best Western next just to show I am not biased!! :)

Room Tip: Opt for the 2 bedroom - it's great!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends