“Nice hotel, very low key.”
Review of Las Vegas Marriott

Las Vegas Marriott
Ranked #27 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Long Beach, California
“Nice hotel, very low key.”
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Stayed here w/ daughter fro soccer tournament. Quiet except for drunk knuckleheads Saturday night - almost got to the point of calling downstairs Banged around a little bit at 6:30 am as we had to go early haha. Big, nice rooms, clean, tv is very dated, frig. Step off elevator right into nice little bar. Close to convention center but not much else. Hilton nearby is a real dump but that's another story. Right next door to best restaurant in Vegas.

Stayed March 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
Cedar City, Utah
Reviewed April 28, 2010

The staff actually denied one of my companions entry into the elevators. They demanded her ID and when she said it was in the room they wouldn't go with her to get it. She slept on the lobby couch and the manager thought that it was funny. She was a registered guest. This was the single worst experience I have ever had and I stay at alot of hotels. Never the Marriott again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank Buttercreamgirl
Austin
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I don't write long reviews but here are the salient points.

Stayed there while attending the National Association of Broadcasters Convention

1. Rooms were large and clean. A little disappointed that they still used the older television sets and not the LCDs. But rooms were fresh and clean.
2. Breakfast Buffet in the morning was great.
3. For Gold/Platinum level guests we got free Breakfast buffet, free internet, free local/long distance phone calls. In fact they allowed me to have myself and three guests for free for breakfast for being Platinum.
4. Hotel was 5 minute walk from Convention Center
5. Had really nice bar (no slots which was a big plus)
6. On site restaurant is typical hotel food/prices
7. Work out room OK. Pool and Jacuzzi nice/clean but avg
8. Hotel was very clean
9. Wait staff was superb. Excellent service
10. NO concierge lounge
11. Walking distance to many good hotels and casinos

I will stay there every chance i get. Perfect location if you don't require a hotel with a casino in it. Quiet, friendly, one block to the strip.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
NC
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Use to be my favorite hotel in Las Vegas but has been slipping dramatically for the last year. Don't get the rooms located over the kitchen. Your room will fill with the fragrance of breakfast being cooked around 6 AM and the aroma will engulf your room and spoil your sleep......Your clothing will smell like bacon. This would be on the 2nd floor at the end of the hall. Getting hot water for these rooms is also a challenge as I don't know if the kitchen sucks up the hot water or what the problem is exactly..........At times you will never get more than just barely warm water. So the hot water and the air intake into a couple of these rooms is a problem no one should have to endure at a hotel. The last few months........housekeeping now only leaves 2 full bath towels........2 hand towels.......2 face cloths. The bath towel quantity is workable.......but really........what woman can survive on 2 hand towels and 2 face cloths.......in Las Vegas with all of the going out for business and then pleasure..........more linens should be provided for guests........don't assume this is enough for your female guests. I've never been to a hotel that provides guests with these few amounts of linens..........so call the front desk in advance before you will need them or you'll have to wait a while. There use to be real coffee makers in the room. Gone. Some cheap plastic gizmo that brews 1 cup of coffee and taste like the plastic tubing and not coffee........possibly not healthy. No more Newsweek magazines or USA Todays by your door. This is no big deal........but another step down. Have noticed my vanities or bed tables or desks don't appear to be wiped down after the last guest. The menu prices have gone up and the bar is rarely open after 11pm. I've always had a good breakfast in their restaurant. Most daytime employees seem very friendly and happy to work there........a few late night employees leave alot to be desired with customer service.......not as professional in understanding a weary travelers needs or concerns. Staying at this hotel use to be a wonderful experience...........but the last year.........it has changed.....alot. At this point I would recommend.......... with reservations.......... would inform what to expect or not to expect.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Washington
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Analog televisions and dated rooms. Showerhead is low. No wireless. I'm beginning to think that Marriott is the Holiday Inn of 2010! Springhill Suites is around the block. It's newer, nicer, has wifi, a bar, and free breakfast. It's probably owned by the same franchisee.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Hammonton NJ
Reviewed November 14, 2009

I decided to take my daughter to Vegas for her 21st birthday prior to a work trip to LA. I read a number of reviews and had very little surprises. Let me start with the thing that I would have changed with my trip. I would not take the Monorail. We choose the 3 day pass for 30.00 each and would have been better saving the money for cabs. Even if its .2 miles away it was not convenient, fine for the day and sneaks but if you are all dressed up with heels, and at night the street was a bit scary. We arrived early but our room was available in less than an hour. Gold membership allowed for breakfast (big reason I paid for my stay) figuring that a $20-30 saving on breakfast took the cost of the room down to $70-80. We were allowed to choose off the regular menu plus the buffet made it very nice. Didn't need a suite although it made it a bit roomier. Pool was satisfactory for me but my daughter needed a resort feel so we cabbed it the JW Resort about 15 minutes away...WOW what a beautiful place. When we explained why we were there one of the Marriott hosts actually bought us our first round of drinks. What a nice touch. Overall I was pleased with the Marriott Suites, The JW Marriott day trip and the whole Vegas experience. We loved the NewYork NewYork Casino.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank BPInto24
Long Beach,CA
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Hotel was very nice and clean. The pool is rather small and does not offer a view.

If you want to be close to the convention center then this is a perfect option. It is about 3 blocks from the Vegas strip closest to the Wynn/Encore hotels. Close by (5 minutes) is a Wallmart if you need to purchase snacks/sodas.

Marriott Gold and Platinum members get a free breakfast buffet at ths hotel - excellent buffet.

Marriott Springfield Suites is opening up in mid October which we could see from our hotel and appears to be really nice with what I believe pool is located on the roof..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple