“Not as nice as it use to be.......Many changes.”
Review of Las Vegas Marriott

Las Vegas Marriott
Ranked #31 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Use to be my favorite hotel in Las Vegas but has been slipping dramatically for the last year. Don't get the rooms located over the kitchen. Your room will fill with the fragrance of breakfast being cooked around 6 AM and the aroma will engulf your room and spoil your sleep......Your clothing will smell like bacon. This would be on the 2nd floor at the end of the hall. Getting hot water for these rooms is also a challenge as I don't know if the kitchen sucks up the hot water or what the problem is exactly..........At times you will never get more than just barely warm water. So the hot water and the air intake into a couple of these rooms is a problem no one should have to endure at a hotel. The last few months........housekeeping now only leaves 2 full bath towels........2 hand towels.......2 face cloths. The bath towel quantity is workable.......but really........what woman can survive on 2 hand towels and 2 face cloths.......in Las Vegas with all of the going out for business and then pleasure..........more linens should be provided for guests........don't assume this is enough for your female guests. I've never been to a hotel that provides guests with these few amounts of linens..........so call the front desk in advance before you will need them or you'll have to wait a while. There use to be real coffee makers in the room. Gone. Some cheap plastic gizmo that brews 1 cup of coffee and taste like the plastic tubing and not coffee........possibly not healthy. No more Newsweek magazines or USA Todays by your door. This is no big deal........but another step down. Have noticed my vanities or bed tables or desks don't appear to be wiped down after the last guest. The menu prices have gone up and the bar is rarely open after 11pm. I've always had a good breakfast in their restaurant. Most daytime employees seem very friendly and happy to work there........a few late night employees leave alot to be desired with customer service.......not as professional in understanding a weary travelers needs or concerns. Staying at this hotel use to be a wonderful experience...........but the last year.........it has changed.....alot. At this point I would recommend.......... with reservations.......... would inform what to expect or not to expect.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed January 19, 2010

Analog televisions and dated rooms. Showerhead is low. No wireless. I'm beginning to think that Marriott is the Holiday Inn of 2010! Springhill Suites is around the block. It's newer, nicer, has wifi, a bar, and free breakfast. It's probably owned by the same franchisee.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2009

I decided to take my daughter to Vegas for her 21st birthday prior to a work trip to LA. I read a number of reviews and had very little surprises. Let me start with the thing that I would have changed with my trip. I would not take the Monorail. We choose the 3 day pass for 30.00 each and would have been better saving the money for cabs. Even if its .2 miles away it was not convenient, fine for the day and sneaks but if you are all dressed up with heels, and at night the street was a bit scary. We arrived early but our room was available in less than an hour. Gold membership allowed for breakfast (big reason I paid for my stay) figuring that a $20-30 saving on breakfast took the cost of the room down to $70-80. We were allowed to choose off the regular menu plus the buffet made it very nice. Didn't need a suite although it made it a bit roomier. Pool was satisfactory for me but my daughter needed a resort feel so we cabbed it the JW Resort about 15 minutes away...WOW what a beautiful place. When we explained why we were there one of the Marriott hosts actually bought us our first round of drinks. What a nice touch. Overall I was pleased with the Marriott Suites, The JW Marriott day trip and the whole Vegas experience. We loved the NewYork NewYork Casino.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank BPInto24
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Hotel was very nice and clean. The pool is rather small and does not offer a view.

If you want to be close to the convention center then this is a perfect option. It is about 3 blocks from the Vegas strip closest to the Wynn/Encore hotels. Close by (5 minutes) is a Wallmart if you need to purchase snacks/sodas.

Marriott Gold and Platinum members get a free breakfast buffet at ths hotel - excellent buffet.

Marriott Springfield Suites is opening up in mid October which we could see from our hotel and appears to be really nice with what I believe pool is located on the roof..

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2009

I just returned from staying at this hotel and continue to think this is the best hotel in all of Las Vegas. I stay here several times a year and love the fact that there is no casino, no smoking and the rooms are in fabulous condition, not to mention the service is awesome and genuine (unlike gaming hotels). If you are looking for a comfortable, quiet and safe hotel, this is it. I dislike the "big box" hotels because they are difficult to navigate, stink of smoke, are noisy (especially when the drunks return to their rooms at 3am) and are far too expensive. This is the best hotel!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Stayed here for the convenience to the Las Vegas Convention Center. Easy trip from the airport (about 15 min). Liked the layout of the room, very spacious. Pool is very small, but clean. Rooms were spotless. Beds are the best (love Mariott beds). Right across the street from the monorail. Easy to get anywhere in Las Vegas. Internet was too expensive, so I used the business center, 3 computers, printers, and very secluded for conducting business. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2009

We stayed at the Marriott for 2 nights and were extremely satisfied. We got a deal for 87 USD per night (including parking but not breakfast). The room was absolutely superb, very large with a separate sitting room, 2 TVs, very big bathroom and very comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The hotel is located next to the LV convention center, close to the Strip (about 5-10 minutes walk) but far enough from the noise and lights (which was great for us!). Breakfast is somewhat pricy (around 20 USD per person), but offers a good variety of food/drinks. We'd certainly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay close to but not on the Strip.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple