“I valued the Marriot's "normalness" while working in Las Vegas”
Review of Las Vegas Marriott

Las Vegas Marriott
Ranked #47 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed May 27, 2011

If your trip to Vegas is more about business than sin-city style debauchery, you might like the straight forward approach of this small hotel. Well it's small for Vegas anyway. This means you don't have to walk through a smoky casino and you can make it from the entry to your room in under 2 minutes. The gym was open 24 hrs and was well appointed. Bed very comfortable with high quality linens. The room in general was spacious and well appointed. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and they started to recognize me by the second day. If you are after a real las Vegas strip experience with a lot of exotic features, uber luxury, glitz and glamour, this is not it. I was in Vegas for an event at the convention center (a 2 minute walk away) and was exhausted at the end of each day. I happily retreated to this quiet space. The restaurant was, again, not exotic but very good with more than decent selections and reasonably priced.
When I had a bit more time to explore, Encore, Wynn and fashion show mall were easy walking distance. I found it to be a relief not to have to stay in a busy, noisy, huge hotel while working. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Katrina W

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Stay away from this hotel! Jonathan Davis, hotel manager, is qualified to be working at McDonalds at best. Guest services are rude, unprofessional, uncooperative. I was staying at the hotel with my husband but came back to the hotel early by myself one afternoon and didn't have the room key. Hotel manager was extremely rude and wouldn't let me up in the room becuase my husband's name was the only one on the reservation. A simple situation was turned into a huge issue. He wouldn't accept my drivers lisence, wouldn't speak on the phone with my husband. Other employees at the counter who saw my husband and I checking in and earlier that morning (even gave us directions) acted as if they didn't recognize me. What a shame on Marriott for letting unqualified people represent their brand and take managerial positions. Moved out to Hilton down the street immediately, will never stay there again!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Maria M
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I'm a Marriott loyalist. I believe that they offer the most consistent quality in all of their properties of any of the major hoteliers. I have very high expectations when I stay at a Marriott property & that is what I usually get so it takes a lot to impress me.

Well I'm impressed! This Marriott has a fabulous staff. From the person who first took my reservation (I called the hotel directly) to the housekeeper who made up my room, to the front desk people, to the restaurant staff, to the on site management. INCREDIBLE SERVICE!!!!

They all made me feel that I was family not just a paying guest.

Anthony, John, Justina & everyone else. Thanks.

If you don't need a casino on site there is no better place to stay in Las Vegas!

Room Tip: call hotel not reservations-tell them your needs
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We wanted to stay off the strip since we were traveling with our daughters. I'm a Marriott guy so I always check them first. This hotel has good sized rooms and comfortable beds. It is near the convention center which is about 1/2 mile from the action. This is nice if you want to enjoy the action of the strip but come back to a quieter hotel, but recognize that you will have a good walk, or a cab/monorail ride just to get to the north end of the strip, and a longer ride to get to hotels farther south. The amenities at the hotel are typical Marriott but not like the hotels on the strip. The pool is small and uneventful. The restaurant/bar was non-descript and closed early. There is no casino in the hotel. Again, we were happy to be away from the action when we wanted to sleep so this worked well for us. The breakfast buffet was very good, albeit pricey @ $20/person. Overall we were pleased and I would stay again if I was traveling wiith children.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank caryon1
Reviewed April 13, 2011

My husband and I found ourselves unexpectedly staying in Vegas due to a late flight. We found the Marriott through a last minute Priceline "name your own price" deal, and could not have been happier with the quality of the room for the low price we won. The room was spotless, well stocked with great bath supplies, had thick luxurious towels, and the bed was awesome! We were very thankful for a low key and quiet place to sleep. We saw other hotel guests, but once in our room we heard nothing! Front desk service was pleasant and helpful, and we were upgraded to a suite at no extra cost.
The hotel is off the strip, and not where we would usually stay for a trip to Vegas. However, it is a short walk to the convention center and would be perfect for business travellers. There is a restaurant and bar on site, although it was closed when we arrived, and they provide room service during select hours.
Only a couple little things kept it from getting the "excellent" rating. 1) Soda/snack machines not working so I had to buy a 4 dollar soda and 12 dollar snack mix at their gift shop.(We were starving!) 2) The housekeeper entered our room in the morning while we were showering/dressing, without knocking. (She thought we had checked out)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tootsie24
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I stayed here for a business trip in August 2010. My reservation had a special rate, but the front desk lady would not let me check-in because I didn't have the proper ID to secure the rate. I informed her my coworker who would be arriving, would have the proper ID and paperwork for both our rooms. She said there was nothing she could do.

So I sat and waited in the lobby for 45 minutes for my coworker to arrive. As soon as my coworker arrived, another front desk associate was helping him and didn't ask for any ID or paperwork at all. My coworker is also a Marriott Rewards member, either silver or gold, so he was being treated very well. I come up behind my coworker and start talking to him and all of a sudden the lady who would not let me check in says she was looking for me and would've let me into the room and checked ID later. Well lady, I was sitting in the lobby the whole time and not once did you ever make an effort to look for me. YOU ARE A LIAR and full of BS. Not to mention, you never checked for ID or paperwork later.

This experience made me appreciate Hilton Hotels so much more. They have never hassled me and not let me check-in with the special rate.

The rooms themselves were very nice, but I would never come back here because of the way I was treated.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank cmbg34
Reviewed October 16, 2010

The rooms are all suites and spacious. The room includes a coffee maker, mini-fridge but not a microwave. The rooms were very clean. The free parking garage is security-gated with room key and is very close to the elevators. As with all Marriott properties, it is totally smoke free. Not being a gaming hotel (no casino or slots), makes this ideal for business travelers and is very close to the convention center. Elite Marriott Reward members (Gold/Platinum) get a free local calls, internet, and a full buffet or cooked-to-order breakfast, that is one of the best hotel buffets I have been in outside of a casino, including plenty of fresh fruit, lox, and hotel-made corned beef hash. Only disadvantages include not close to anything walking (except convention center and Pieros). I have stayed at many hotels in the Vegas area, and this is one of the best. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business