“Like the casino but rooms need to be updated and cleaning staff need to be retrained.”
Review of Luxor Las Vegas

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #76 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
saskatoon
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We stayed in a suite at the luxor. You would expect when checking into your room that it would be spotless and you wouldnt know that anyone else stayed in the room before you. That wasnt the case, on the top of the shower door the previous tennent put a bottle of body wash on the rail, it was hanging over enough that i could plainly see it. Also the cleaning staff didnt clean the seating room in the suit they just left everything where it was, but they managed to tidy up the bathroom counter everyday. The wall paper on the walls in the room was coming off the wall at the seams. Overall I enjoyed the casino, but the rooms need some TLC and the housekeeping needs to be retrained on how to clean a room.

1 Thank tiredwithkids2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,545)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
katanning
Reviewed August 26, 2010

we stayed here for our first ever visit to Vegas & it certainly met our expections! the room was awesome considering we only paid $100/night for it. the amenities at the hotel far exceeded what we were expecting...the pool, shops, food, nightlife, gambling, shows...would deffinatley recommend & it is sooo wallet friendly!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tahlz22
Rockford, IL
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I live near Chicago so I am used to hussle and bustle, but the Luxor didn't give us any personalized service. We felt herded in and if you didn't know the check in process you were left quite lost. We had a car so to check in you need to leave your car with the valet - but the valet didn't speak English so he didn't tell us we needed to get all of our bags out right then, so when we checked in and came back out, our car had been parked - we were treated very rudly because they had to go back out and get the car for us to remove our bags. The woman at the baggage assistance counter mouthed off for the entire time we waited for the car, we weren't "mad" she was??? The room we had was very cheaply decorated - I have had much better beds in the Super 8 - our room had no towels - we called housekeepping and went to dinner - Tender restaurant was great. Next morning we found housekeepping didn't ever bring towels. I don't mind a lot of confusion, it is a big place, but it seemed as though we were being blamed for their shortcomings... AND - Don't let them forget to tell you that there is an additional fee that they charge to your card later - "Hotel" fee.. isn't that what you are paying for when you book a room? $14.50 each day. No thanks - won't go back.

3 Thank MillsRockford_IL
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Just stayed 4 nights at Luxor. We are Vegas locals and they were offering a pretty good deal for locals so we thought we would do a staycation for a few days. Mostly went to hang out at the pool, during the week I was surprised that it was quite busy, and later in the day chairs were hard to come by. We stayed in the Tower rooms since they are newer and nicer than the pyramid rooms. With Luxor being 15 years old this year, I figured they might want to start to do some renovation. We have stayed in the pyramid before and the rooms are a little more dirtier and stained. The Tower rooms are very nice and offer a great view. Staff was good and it was nice to see that the casino was busy, even on a week night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank VegasWest
Schlierbach, Austria
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I went to the Luxor on a Wednesday because they offered a double room for 70$ a night and I wanted to stay in a "real" LV hotel. I must say, I left quite disappointed: the room was quite worn-off given the hotel's class and didn't have any wifi. You might find some place else for the same price and distance to the Strip without having to pay a resort fee that gives you nothing in return.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank harryJpotter
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I was very hesitant about this hotel after reading the reviews. I booked it anyway because the price through the Luxor website was so low.

When we got to the hotel the cab driver dropped us off at an entrance that was way far away from the check-in counter. That was pretty annoying. We had a hard time finding our way to register but we finally found it. There was a line but they had many clerks on so we only had to wait about 5 minutes. I had reserved a king smoking room and then had called and requested a non-smoking room. When I mentioned that to the clerk she said that all they had were 2 double (or was it queen?) beds in smoking or non-smoking and asked me if that was okay. I said no it was not and she "found" a king room.

We were in the Pyramid. I'm not sure how the towers are but it was very nice where I was. Yes, the elevators were VERY shaky but we decided that was because they were not just going up and down but also having to move to the shape of the pyramid. The really bad part was that once we got off the elevator we had to walk to the opposite side of the building to get to our room. It was not an ideal situation that is for sure. We would have gone back and forth to our room more had it been closer.

The room itself was great. VERY clean and big. I had read reviews that people had to duck because of the slant but we did not have that problem and my husband is 6' 3". It had nice dark blinds so we were not bothered by the light in the morning.

The hotel had everything you could need. There was a food court that served McDonalds 24 hours in case you needed anything late. We did not eat at the More Buffet so I can't comment on that but I thought it would be a great deal to do the whole day dining there.

The location of the hotel was pretty far from the rest of the strip. However, with monorails and trams it goes by pretty quick.

I'm not sure why so many people rated this badly. I have spent much more on a lot less thats for sure.

We saw the Chriss Angel Beleive show. I read a lot of bad reviews on that too so I guess we weren't expecting too much. It was amusing though. They took pictures on your way in that you could purchase at the end. The Blue Man Group was really good and they came out and let you take pictures with them.

All in all this was a great place to stay!

3 Thank fantomkat
New York
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Our third time at the Luxor. Times before were fine - clean room in good location. This time however, we were given a room that was just unbelievably disgusting. The drapes and valance were totally water stained as was the outside wall. Dirty carpet and worn furnishings completed the look. When leaving the room, we discoved that the overhang outside our door was littered with garbage, broken glasses and several inches of dust. We asked that it be cleaned, but this was never done - just disgusting -and we had to look at this each time we entered or left our room. UGH . Buyer Beware !!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business