40,245 results
All reviews pyramid room pyramid cafe egyptian theme mandalay bay east tower food court other hotels m life trip to vegas new york new york pyramids excalibur casino strip exhibits las starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2014

I truly recommend this hotel and would stay there on a next visit, but it´s showing the age. in my room some of the wallpaper was falling of and the furniture seemed dated. but it didn't get in the way of a very pleasurable visit. the location, close to the airport, and large outlets is also on the strip has great shows and easy public transport just outside the front door.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2014 via mobile

I booked this room through Expedia and got a pretty good rate. The room shows some wear, but it was clean and nice for the price. Here's my only complaint: The fire alarm for the entire building went off at 4am each night of our 3-night stay. The desk offered no explanation for why this was happening, but they did refund the $20 resort fee when I asked for some compensation for my sleep being interrupted every night.

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank itravel2live
Reviewed December 30, 2014

Great friendly staff...except the m rewards desk they were rude. The hotel was clean except for some broken glass I hadto advise the staff of. My tv didnt show in HD. Loved it here and will be returning.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2014

This was my first trip to Vegas and I had heard mixed reviews about Luxor. Perhaps my expectations were low, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay from Nov 29th - Dec 5th.

Room:

When we checked in we asked for a non-smoking room. There were none left in the Pyramid, so we got a free upgrade to the West Tower. The room was clean, although nothing special, but it had a larger bathroom and was nicer than the Pyramid room our travel companions stayed in. I had heard complaints that it was far away from the casino, but we didn't find it to be a problem. Where we were it was very quiet. Like many Vegas hotel rooms, we did not have a coffee maker in our room, so we were stuck buying $5 Starbucks every morning (or sitting at a table and drinking casino coffee).

Location:

We knew going in that Luxor is a little far from the heart of the strip, and it is, but for the price we got it wasn't terribly inconvenient. We walked or got cabs, and actually spent a great deal of our time in the Luxor casino.

Size:

One 'pro' for me was the size. Luxor is quite small compared to a lot of the big strip hotels. The casino was small enough that we could pop down and find our travel companions at any time, and if we had to pop back to our room for something it was fairly convenient (even in the West Tower).

Gambling:

We spent most of our gambling budget at Luxor. It was convenient to come down in the morning and hit a Blackjack table before breakfast and we could always find $5 3:2 Blackjack and $5 craps in the morning and early afternoon, especially on week days.

We did a free Craps lesson one morning and it was fantastic. I would highly recommend this to anyone interested. We learned enough to be able to stand up at the $5 table and play for hours.

Restaurants:

The Tender Steakhouse was fantastic. It was by far one of the best meals we had anywhere in Vegas. I would return to Luxor (even if I wasn't staying there) just to go to this restaurant.

The sports bar (I can't remember the name of it now) was also great for lunch. We had Bottomless Bloody Marys and pub food.

We also ate in the Pyramid Cafe for breakfast one morning and the food was great, although I had to send my Eggs Benedict back originally due to to eggs being too soft.

We did not go to the buffet at Luxor because we'd heard it wasn't good.

Internet:

We did not have WIFI on the 4th floor of the West Tower. The rooms do have wired internet but we did not bring a laptop so it was useless to us. WIFI was limited in the Casino areas and required constant logging on every time I wanted to use it (on iPhone 5 - my friend with a Samsung phone had no issues staying logged on). My husband and I both ended up buying data and text packages from our provider (we live in Canada).

Summary:

The next time I go to Vegas I think I would like to try staying at something a little more central. That said, if the price was right I would not hesitate to stay at Luxor again, and I would definitely make a point of coming back to go to the steakhouse and gamble in a smaller and more relaxed environment than some of the bigger hotels.

Room tip: Tower rooms are newer and more updated than the Pyramid rooms, although a little further from the casino.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allison O
Reviewed December 30, 2014

While traveling on our way to Arizona we needed to stay the night in Vegas and the Luxor was priced reasonably...I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness and the overall comfort of the room. Everything you ever needed was within the hotel's property...Numerous eating establishments were great and the service was wonderful!

• Trip type: Traveled with family